Thread: Spectator mode

Icon6 Spectator mode

Hi guys,

I know that TW is all about the battles, but sometimes I like to just sit back and watch the carnage
    So I made this little mod for myself and thought I'd share it with you.

So, what does it do?
    If you hit the escape key on your keyboard during the deployment phase of a battle, the mod will give the control of your army to the AI once the battle starts, making you a spectator.
    You can still issue orders, but they will probably be overruled pretty quickly.
    It works with custom battles and with campaign battles. I've left quest and intro battles untouched.

I know the solution with the escape key is a little crude, but I haven't found a way to modify the UI to add a proper toggle, nor to use another key.
    Also, I'm not a programmer. Two days ago I still thought lua was an exotic kind of soup . So be merciful regarding my coding style

Judging by the little I've tested it seems to work quite well. There might still be some bugs I haven't stumbled upon, however.
    I have no clue of what it does in multiplayer, or if it works at all.
    It should be compatible with pretty much any other mod out there.

Since I don't have the time to properly maintain a mod on Steam workshop, feel free to polish and publish the mod yourselves, no credits need to be given

Have fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Spectator mode

You have no idea how you're helping me. Thanks alot!

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Great work dude, I've been missing the spectator mode from Attila: TW in this game!
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

Quote Originally Posted by The Bold Burgundian View Post
    Great work dude, I've been missing the spectator mode from Attila: TW in this game!
    hey man, is there an spectator mode for attila? can you give me a link or a name? thanks!