Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TWC 2016 Member Awards: Discussion Thread

Flinn's Avatar In Dude We Trust!
    Content Director Citizen

Default TWC 2016 Member Awards: Discussion Thread

Welcome to the 2016 TWC Member Awards!

Please use this thread for discussion about the Awards and for questions or general comments. Before nominating please read through the rules found in the Nomination Thread. Changes have been made to the rules this year so it is important you are aware of them because any nominations that do not fall within the rules will be discounted without notice.

Flinn, on behalf of the Member Awards Commitee*

*This is our Commitee for the 2016 edition, feel free to show them your appreciation by repping them profusely.

Lifthrasir
    Frunk
    Shankbot de Bodemloze
    lolIsuck
    Flinn
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 of the Imperial House of Hader.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: TWC 2016 Member Awards: Discussion Thread

Worst part is, I got a terrible memory when it comes to names. Some of you out there are going to be missed from nomination. It's the bane of my existence. Someone please remind us of 2016 and the ones who deserve to be on the list.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Content Director Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    Worst part is, I got a terrible memory when it comes to names. Some of you out there are going to be missed from nomination. It's the bane of my existence. Someone please remind us of 2016 and the ones who deserve to be on the list.

~Wille
    You have three weeks, there's plenty of time to remember
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 of the Imperial House of Hader.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I noticed I was nominated for the TWC Moderation award. I'm honoured of course, but I wonder if this category includes Local Moderators?

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Content Director Citizen

I noticed I was nominated for the TWC Moderation award. I'm honoured of course, but I wonder if this category includes Local Moderators?
    No it doesn't

However, an IMPORTANT NOTICE: everybody posting nominations, please check carefully the rule about the Fastest Rising Newb, as I'm noticing various invalid ones; for the records, only members who have registred from January the 1st 2014 or later can be nominated for this award.

What about alts registered here after January 1st 2014?
    Last edited by MaximinusThrax; January 12, 2017 at 08:02 AM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    No it doesn't

However, an IMPORTANT NOTICE: everybody posting nominations, please check carefully the rule about the Fastest Rising Newb, as I'm noticing various invalid ones; for the records, only members who have registred from January the 1st 2014 or later can be nominated for this award.
    I had a sneaky suspicion this would be the case. So that would mean that Elvenkind and me will not be competing there and I can skip my plan to nominate Ngugi in this category.

Ah, sometimes this place is just like the real world, much work and little rewards. Well, I guess that goes for most of us.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Socrates1984's Avatar Content Staff
    Citizen

Oops! Sorry for that. I updated my nominations to exclude that lazy guy...
    Last edited by Socrates1984; January 12, 2017 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Added link

Content Director Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post

Ah, sometimes this place is just like the real world, much work and little rewards. Well, I guess that goes for most of us.
    Don't tell me

However, this award was dedicated exclusively to site moderators since the first time AFAIK, so no surprises here.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by MaximinusThrax View Post
    What alts registered here after January 1st 2014?
    Last edited by Flinn; January 12, 2017 at 05:42 AM.

Default Re: TWC 2016 Member Awards: Nominations Thread

It would be good to explain why you nominated your nominees. I think I'm going to do that so everyone votes as I do.

Content Director Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    It would be good to explain why you nominated your nominees. I think I'm going to do that so everyone votes as I do.
    Although giving reasonings is not specifically forbid by the rules, it is stated that the Nomination threads is for nominations ONLY, which means that anything different from that (included this post of yours that I moved here and included any reasoning for the nominations themselves) will be deleted or moved. You are free to nominate whomever you want as long as the nominations fall within the rules, but you are not allowed to advocate for others to nominate someone (not publicly at least).
    The best you can do in this sense is to make other people aware of the awards and invite them to participate, by nominating the people they like; if they frequent the same areas as you, I'm pretty sure they will end up nominating indipendently someone you already nominated yourself.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderation Mentor Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    The easiest work-around to this is obviously to just nominate people that are self-evidently awesome, so no further elaboration is required.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi

Under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Neadal, Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Sheridan, Bercor and Higo Chumbo. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

Caligula's Avatar The Ectasy Of Potatoes
    Citizen Magistrate

Could I enquire why there isn't an award for something along the lines of "Person who has contributed most to modding"?
    I'd like to nominate Mr.Jox for such an award for his RMV2 Converter and tutorial on how to add custom animated bows but there isn't really a category this nomination would fit under.

Any chance of this position being made for future years, or suggestions for which current category could fit?

Signatures were made by SoulGamesInc

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Moderation Mentor Citizen

We already have the mod awards to laud modders and modding contributions.

Caligula's Avatar The Ectasy Of Potatoes
    Citizen Magistrate

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    We already have the mod awards to laud modders and modding contributions.
    Oh right lols I forgot about those. Gotta wait till next year or so for the voting to open up for 2016 though ='(

Signatures were made by SoulGamesInc

Content Director Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    Could I enquire why there isn't an award for something along the lines of "Person who has contributed most to modding"?
    I'd like to nominate Mr.Jox for such an award for his RMV2 Converter and tutorial on how to add custom animated bows but there isn't really a category this nomination would fit under.

Any chance of this position being made for future years, or suggestions for which current category could fit?
    As lolI said, this is related to the Modding Awards, not the Member Awards. Modding Awards will be held sometimes during Fabruary and this year we will include some new categories to expand the possibility of nominations. However, if you feel like that that specific member has been very helpful with something (a tool, a tutorial, etc) you can still nominate him for the most helpful member category here in the Member Awards.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    Oh right lols I forgot about those. Gotta wait till next year or so for the voting to open up for 2016 though ='(
    not really, 2016 Modding Awards will be held soon during early 2017, as said above
    Last edited by Flinn; January 12, 2017 at 08:49 AM.

What's the status of those who worked with the Awards during last year, are they applicable candidates for the Content award even if they migth not are members proper of that user group?

Isildur and Anárion preview out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod
    | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI |Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection

The Sundering
    - a M2 Warhammer Total War experience

Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar Aetī Avēas!
    Civitate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Oh geez, this is gonna be a hard one this year. I haven't been keeping tabs on TWC's happenings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix
    Well then Attila just got delicious.
    Under the Patronage of Pikestance

Lifthrasir's Avatar Carnival Season is over
    Content Director Citizen Curator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    What's the status of those who worked with the Awards during last year, are they applicable candidates for the Content award even if they migth not are members proper of that user group?
    I guess it depends if we consider the "job" as a Content one or not
    If yes, then they can be nominated in that section.
    If not, I guess that the "Most Helpful Member" section will do.
    Just my thought

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Oh geez, this is gonna be a hard one this year. I haven't been keeping tabs on TWC's happenings.
    Looks like we have surprised people this year
    No worries, you still have time to catch up
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

- Results published!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I guess it depends if we consider the "job" as a Content one or not
    Yes, that's why I ask ^^

Isildur and Anárion preview out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod
    | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI |Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection

The Sundering
    - a M2 Warhammer Total War experience

Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast