Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on March 2023 1.3.2 Compatibility patch

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Default Re: XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. 1.2 Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

by writing them in the user.script breaks my game and crashes on startup. Im so sorry but I dont seems to know how to get this to work

Default Re: XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. 1.2 Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

show me what you have written in your user.script

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    show me what you have written in your user.script
    Im currently att work and back home again tomorrow but I will post a screenshot of how my user.script looks. Thanks for all the help so far though dardo

Okay no problem

@Dardo21 - Let me get this straight. In the Steam mod Manager the order is this in my case:

1) Caesarslegionspatch.pack
    2) @_____XIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack
    3) DeI Part 1
    4) DeI Part 2

I can see the legions on Custom battle so I suposed I installed in the correct way but will I have the legions also in the campaign? for me and IA? or do I have to put the @_____XIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack right after DeI part 2?

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    @Dardo21 - Let me get this straight. In the Steam mod Manager the order is this in my case:

3) DeI Part 1
    4) DeI Part 2

I can see the legions on Custom battle so I suposed I installed in the correct way but will I have the legions also in the campaign? for me and IA? or do I have to put the @_____XIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack right after DeI part 2?
    @Tenerife_Boy this differs from my load order. I load the XIII legions after part2 and I can use the legions also in custom battle and in the Grand Campaign. My issue is beeing able to recruit the Imperial legions. There seem to be some confusion on how to get this to work properly, so maybe a step by step guide is in order?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post

3) DeI Part 1
    4) DeI Part 2

I'm not sure it matters, but I have the @_____XIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack below the 2 DeI parts, just in case some of the models are overwritten for example. But it should work fine either way, as long as you don't have anything else overwriting it beyond my patch.
    Last edited by Dardo21; February 23, 2017 at 09:23 AM.

Nilte's Avatar Civis

I have now tried to load the mods in this order
    3) DeI Part 1
    4) DeI Part 2

and I can still recruit the marian legions but not the Imperial ones. You wanted a picture of my user.script so here it is. though I dont know if I should set the file as read only and save it then activate the mods in the manager also? When I only use the user.script and have the mods unchecked in the manager Rome 2 dont start at all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xiii.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	343634
    here is a picture of my user.script

Ok in order to have this order:
    2)_divide_et_impera_release_12_Part1.pack
    3) _divide_et_impera_release_12_Part2.pack
    4) @_____XIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack

I had to rename the @_____XIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack to aXIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack.

So now I have everything in the right place in the Steam MM.

Tenerife_Boy, you could have saved yourself a lot of effort by just using the user.script. But if it works then all the better :p.
    @Nilte, lol you had to actually fill in the names of the mods of these 2, I didn't know the full modname so hence why I wrote "name of ..." instead.
    mod "name of the reduced squalor mod.pack";
    mod "name of the reduced upkeep mod.pack";
    Go to your datafolder and look up the filename of these 2 and change it in your user.script. That was the reason why it kept on crashing since it's very particular about modnaming, also don't forget to turn the file back to read only afterwards. And as I said before, leave all mods deactivated in your steam mod manager.

No, I don't even know if it works on the campaign(hope so), I just said that, with the tweak to the name of the file, I have all of them ordered as you mentioned, finally.

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Tenerife_Boy, you could have saved yourself a lot of effort by just using the user.script. But if it works then all the better :p.
    @Nilte, lol you had to actually fill in the names of the mods of these 2, I didn't know the full modname so hence why I wrote "name of ..." instead.
    mod "name of the reduced squalor mod.pack";
    mod "name of the reduced upkeep mod.pack";
    Go to your datafolder and look up the filename of these 2 and change it in your user.script. That was the reason why it kept on crashing since it's very particular about modnaming, also don't forget to turn the file back to read only afterwards. And as I said before, leave all mods deactivated in your steam mod manager.
    I know that and i have the same issue even when Im only trying to launch the game with only legions ur patch an d Dei. when ever i put something in the user.scrip and save it then set it to read only the game crashes when I try to start it

And did you correct the names of the squalor and upkeep lines in the user.script?

Nilte's Avatar Civis

I have posted a screenshot of my script, but now I have another issue... When I start rome 2 it starts vanilla and not DeI. I have all mods unchecked in the mod manager and the game launches but without any mods. This is confusing haha
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dei.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	171.8 KB 
ID:	343660
    Last edited by Nilte; February 25, 2017 at 05:22 PM.

That is strange, that only happens to me when one of my mods is corrupt, try using the user.script with only using
    mod "_divide_et_impera_release_12_Part1.pack";
    mod "_divide_et_impera_release_12_Part2.pack";
    and see if that launches DEI again, make a backup of the script first, so you know how to write the other entries.

Nilte's Avatar Civis

I tried what you said and using only
    mod "_divide_et_impera_release_12_Part1.pack";
    mod "_divide_et_impera_release_12_Part2.pack";

The game started vanilla without DeO
    Last edited by Nilte; February 26, 2017 at 06:51 AM. Reason: forgott a word

You are using 1.2 right? Can you open the file and select save as, then before you save it, at the bottom of the new menu screen that opens is a field called "Encoding", make sure that you select Unicode. If that doesn't help, can you try redownloading the 2 DEI files and pasting them over the existing ones?

Nilte's Avatar Civis

You are using 1.2 right? Can you open the file and select save as, then before you save it, at the bottom of the new menu screen that opens is a field called "Encoding", make sure that you select Unicode. If that doesn't help, can you try redownloading the 2 DEI files and pasting them over the existing ones?
    Sadly this didnt work either. The wierd thing is that when I start the game with all mods unchecked in the mm and only the two DeI parts in the script the game starts vanilla version of the game. The start menu says Emperor Edition but when I go into custom battle, Lepidus, Octavian and Antony is not a selectable faction :S It is if the game dont know that Emperor Edition is installed

Have you tried verifying your game cache? Click your game in your steam library, right click, properties, local files and then click verify cache.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

Few things...

1) Glad to see someone updated this, one of my favorite mods was RS2 and I'm glad that someone decided to take a page out of their book with the unique legions.

2) I have the patch and I still have the two purple technologies in the military tree. If I research the Imperial one, will I be unable to recruit Marian troops?
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23