Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on March 2023 1.3.2 Compatibility patch

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.3 Compatibility patch

@Dardo-

I saw you posting in this mod thread: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1591309907 What do you think? These are great assets. I think Robb has a couple anachronistic decisions on helmets and the armored legions but all in all, are you thinking of using some of those meshes on this? Since the extravaganza came out, I have modded my DeI legions to use those varientmesh definitions. If you need any help or testing, holler at me. I am free from the 23rd to 26th (I'm a Jew. No christmas obligations).

I might also suggest maybe doing away with the Augustan era legions? Or maybe sneak in a tertiary reform? I have been messing around with that myself. Not to much success but I think I made some progress.

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.3 Compatibility patch

Yeah, I already made a personal bridge mod, I might upload it as a seperate file. I deleted most of Rob's modifications of the aux units, since they'd otherwise pretty much wear the same gear. Not sure about the thracian helmets etc either. I'm not going to make a 3rd reform since that's not the intention of the mod, and neither do i have the scripting ability or time to do so. I have changed the veteran units to use the augustian shields though, to bring them more in line with this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Yeah, I already made a personal bridge mod, I might upload it as a seperate file. I deleted most of Rob's modifications of the aux units, since they'd otherwise pretty much wear the same gear. Not sure about the thracian helmets etc either. I'm not going to make a 3rd reform since that's not the intention of the mod, and neither do i have the scripting ability or time to do so. I have changed the veteran units to use the augustian shields though, to bring them more in line with this mod.
    Cool! If you need any help, let me know. I am not hyped on the thracian helmets, personally. And I agree with your call on the aux units for sure.

In my bridge mod, I broke down most of Rob's definitions into the ones used by DEI instead, so I wouldn't have to manually overhaul each unit for UMC all over again. This means that they will still use some of the assets that DEI uses, but I don't really think that I want to do away with all of those anyway. I will try and edit all imperial units that use the manica though, since those are a model and can't thus be indirectly replaced. As far as DEI goes, sofar I've been content with just using Robb's definitions for all Roman units, but I suspect I might start readding some of DEI's assets and removing some of Robb's.
    I could be the using the thracian for some of the regional troops though, like the ones stationed in Greece or Cyrenica. I'll probably also be adding them to the general thracian helmet definitions part of DEI.

The new veteran and evocati units are almost done, for some reason I can't yet get all of their names to show up :p though. I'll be going through some of the legions stationed in the same AOR to see if I can use some specific assets, for diversification.
    I've also decided to no longer allow players to recruit legio's and the new vets from the auxiliary barracks. Since this is (mostly) ahistorical. However to compensate having to build both regular and aux barracks more often, I've decided on a small buff to both aux and legio barracks. The legio barracks now also provide a public order buff (didn't notice only the aux had one :p), as well as a small gdp buff that scales with the building level. Aux barracks will also get the income buff, but to a lower degree. I hope this can help lessen the cost of having to pick a barracks over another building, and makes it a viable alternative to a temple for example.

Civis

In my bridge mod, I broke down most of Rob's definitions into the ones used by DEI instead, so I wouldn't have to manually overhaul each unit for UMC all over again. This means that they will still use some of the assets that DEI uses, but I don't really think that I want to do away with all of those anyway. I will try and edit all imperial units that use the manica though, since those are a model and can't thus be indirectly replaced. As far as DEI goes, sofar I've been content with just using Robb's definitions for all Roman units, but I suspect I might start readding some of DEI's assets and removing some of Robb's.
    I could be the using the thracian for some of the regional troops though, like the ones stationed in Greece or Cyrenica. I'll probably also be adding them to the general thracian helmet definitions part of DEI.

The new veteran and evocati units are almost done, for some reason I can't yet get all of their names to show up :p though. I'll be going through some of the legions stationed in the same AOR to see if I can use some specific assets, for diversification.
    I've also decided to no longer allow players to recruit legio's and the new vets from the auxiliary barracks. Since this is (mostly) ahistorical. However to compensate having to build both regular and aux barracks more often, I've decided on a small buff to both aux and legio barracks. The legio barracks now also provide a public order buff (didn't notice only the aux had one :p), as well as a small gdp buff that scales with the building level. Aux barracks will also get the income buff, but to a lower degree. I hope this can help lessen the cost of having to pick a barracks over another building, and makes it a viable alternative to a temple for example.
    I apologize if I am too insistent, but I would like to know if there is a possibility of a non-steam version, for users who do not use the platform or for those who use MAC.

I am a MAC user and I would like to play your submod.

Oh, sorry I had forgotten, as far as I'm aware, the later versions of DEI don't work with MAC and I don't know how I could get this mod to work on MAC either sorry. You could try and ask the creator of the mod if he ever made a MAC version, or can give you one http://www.twcenter.net/forums/membe...59-UMCenturion
    Last edited by Dardo21; December 18, 2018 at 09:00 AM.

Civis

Oh, sorry I had forgotten, as far as I'm aware, the later versions of DEI don't work with MAC and I don't know how I could get this mod to work on MAC either sorry. You could try and ask the creator of the mod if he ever made a MAC version, or can give you one http://www.twcenter.net/forums/membe...59-UMCenturion
    I'm playing the latest version of the mod on MAC, so I was wondering if I would have a non-steam version available.

Well, I only make a patch that keeps UMC's mod compatible with DEI, if you want his mod off Steam, you'll have to ask UMCenturion since he's the legal owner.
    Last edited by Dardo21; December 18, 2018 at 09:54 AM.

Yes. Absolutely. I really dig your idea concerning the barracks and the thracian helmet makes total sense as a regional helmet.

Hey guys, both links have been updated. The stats and units are now compatible with the new 1.2.4 version. I've also readjusted both the praetorians, the praetorian guard, veterans and evocati. Veterans and Evocati have more armor, more defense and morale at the cost of (a higher cost :p) lower charge and lower attack rating. On top of that, I've also limited the existing vets and evocati in number (20) and made them only recruitable in Italy (including the islands). I have however added 11 new regional veteran units and 10 new regional Evocati units. The cosmetic look of these units is still a WIP, some cloaks might look inaccurate for example, but atm I'm looking to make them as distinctive as possible, without making them look unbelievable. Also, for some reason most of the veteran names don't show up, but you can assume that most major regions will have a veteran unit.
    The number of units you'll be able to recruit will be between 6 or 12, depending on whether or not the AOR is limited to 1 province or to several. The tooltips also still need to be changed.

Additionally I've reimplemented hot and cold climate attributes, i've already distributed these to the new units, but not to all of the legions yet. I'm also planning on adding more 'double' sized units in terms of imperial aux cavalry and (horse)archers.

Finally, I've removed recruitment from the legions and vets from the aux barracks, since this is ahistorical. I have however buffed both the aux and main barracks, to provide both a public order and a +gdp buff.

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.4 Compatibility patch

Whelp, I know what I am doing tonight. Thanks dude!

A couple of the units have a bit of texture issue with their armor: seems the coif is doubled. I am running celticus' high res. mod. Might that mess with the armors?

Also, are you still thinking of implementing this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...07&searchtext= ?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 29, 2019 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Could you post screens of the bug? And I've made a mod based on the base resource of the mod you linked, using Robb's mod as well as another mod as a guideline. It should cover all units past the polybian reforms I think.

Hey guys, both links have been updated. The stats and units are now compatible with the new 1.2.4 version.
    Dardo21,where are the updated 1.2.4 version links?
    On the first page of Thread only this :
    This patch brings UM's units in line with the new DEI version 1.2.3
    Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzz...9rc0dNNVk/view if you use Kam's Alternative Economy mod: use https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hk...hRWp7iM_EJfvXm
    and this :
    A temporary seperate file changes the stats of the units to bring them in line with the new battle test beta, use it together with 1 of my 2 main patches:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l1...Zl41x7UvES2BPr
    Last edited by Dardo21; October 16, 2018 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Changed to make UM's mod compatible with 1.2.3

Oh sorry, I forgot to change the title. The links are always updated rather than replaced, the first link will be the regular version for 1.2.4

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.4 Compatibility patch

Thank you very much

Could you post screens of the bug? And I've made a mod based on the base resource of the mod you linked, using Robb's mod as well as another mod as a guideline. It should cover all units past the polybian reforms I think.
    Hey dude! Sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier -- had to direct a few shows. Anyway, the issue I had seems to stem from Celticus Maximus' HD mod (s). I removed them and your units are fine. They seem to have a different mesh definition for the coif/pauldron things on the hamata wearing units.

Good to hear

Both files have been updated, with minor changes to the regular version: the names for the new veteran units now being properly visible (I hope) as well as a few population changes from the current version (and 1 secret one from the internal :>). The Alternative Economy mod additionally also has updated prices corresponding Kam's new version.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 29, 2019 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Foederatus

It appears that both versions you uploaded today have the same recruitment and upkeep costs. I'm not sure what else between the two are the same, but from a brief inspection, it appears you uploaded the Alternate Economy version for both files.

Edit: I took a more thorough look through @@@@@UMslegionspatch.pack, and it appears that the only difference is that in the main_units_tables, the umc_main_units file has the Alternate Economy recruitment and upkeep costs. The CORE_Roman file has the correct values, but those only apply to the generic units, not to the named legions.
    Last edited by the emerald ingot; January 26, 2019 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks for the headsup, i probably imported from the wrong file, give me a sec.
    EDIT: the regular version should be fixed now.
    Last edited by Dardo21; January 27, 2019 at 06:40 AM.

Hi,

Thanks for the update. The addition of the Veteran and Evocati units is a great idea and they do look good. Liking the hot and cold attributes inclusion as well.

I have noticed though that approx 20% of the Legionarii Veterani Africum have their torsos missing, every other unit is fine by the way.

ps.. I have no other unit mods or texture mods installed and have not exceeded the 37 mos limit either.