Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on March 2023 1.3.2 Compatibility patch

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Default Re: XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

Hello!
    I dont know if I have done something wrong but I cant recruit the legions in my campaign. I just hit marian reforms but still cant recruit any legions. I have them in custom battles so I just wonder if I might have missed something in The install?

Skickat från min SM-G850F via Tapatalk

Default Re: XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

I suspect you have something wrong in your install, make sure that no mods are activated in the mod manager and then make sure that the order of the mods is

mod "Caesarslegionspatch.pack";
    mod "_divide_et_impera_release_12_Part1.pack";
    mod "_divide_et_impera_release_12_Part2.pack";
    mod "@_____XIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack";

Also, make sure that you download my updated version, not the first one, because that one did have the marian units non-recruitable.

I posted a link to new unit cards in the original comment.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 06, 2019 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Default Re: XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. 1.2 Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

I download and umcenturion's old unit card but it cause ctd at start [with any kind of load order]

of course it still work with old xiiicaesar mod and your patch. but not um's

Default Re: XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. 1.2 Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

Can't help with that :p, i did mean that you can use these unit cards with the old mod.

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I suspect you have something wrong in your install, make sure that no mods are activated in the mod manager and then make sure that the order of the mods is

Also, make sure that you download my updated version, not the first one, because that one did have the marian units non-recruitable.
    I got it to work now. I didnt pay enough attention to the load order. Just waiting and slowly grinding my self towards imp lvl 7 so I can test the imperial ones. Keep it up dardo and thanks for doing this

The imperial ones aren't locked to the imperial tech due to an unknown bug, they are locked to the advanced barracks construction technology.

To new modder and guys I figure out how to delete locked imperial tech.

just delete technology_unit_upgrades_tables, unit_required_technology_junctions_tables with Pack file manager of this mod. and original XIII mod too.

and you can enjoy fabulous legionaries!

warning : it's only for who play Caesar in Gaul, Augustus Campaign not main
    Last edited by servent9; February 14, 2017 at 06:42 PM.

My latest version does the same thing, the technology_unit_upgrades_tables for is overwritten with a normal technoloy, not the imperial tech upgrade, i added the unit_required_technology_junctions_tables so that the imperial units remain locked untill advanced barracks construction has been researched. And yes, if you play with my latest version you won't have the imperial named legions in the augustus campaign untill you research advanced barracks construction, you could also just change the unit_required_technology_junctions_tables to the starting military tech in the augustus campaign, since you start off with that one already researched, that way you can easily revert your changes if you ever want to play the regular campaign again.

EDIT: I decided to post 2 versions, one will have the imperial units for the augustus campaign unlocked, which means that you won't have the marian ones in the normal campaign, the other one will be meant for the regular campaign. Caesar in Gaul should be unaffected since those units don't get upgraded to imperial ones.

EDIT2
    Quote Originally Posted by servent9 View Post
    ...and original XIII mod too.
    this is is not true, if you keep my patch above the original mod, but remove the technology_unit_upgrades_tables, unit_required_technology_junctions_tables in my patch, it will revert back to the ones in the basic mod. Those cause the marian units to upgrade to the imperial units (the imperial tech 'bug') from the start. This is of course a problem in the normal campaign, but isn't an issue in the Augustus campaign since that one starts off with the imperial reform.
    Last edited by Dardo21; February 15, 2017 at 10:51 AM.

total noob here , how do you place in order files to load in mod manager ? or do i need manager from twcenter to do this ?

Go to, app data in your personal folder, then roaming -> The Creative Assembly -> Rome2 -> Scripts, there you will find a file called user.script, it shall normally contain all mods in order of loading (first ones being at the bottom), make a copy of that to be safe and then unload every mod in your mod manager (uncheck, not install). After that, make sure that the order of your mods in your user.script is

If by some odd chance, there is no user.script file, you can create one yourself with a notepad file. Also make sure that you put the user.script file on read only mode after everytime you edit it, otherwise it might be overwritten, wiped clean.
    Last edited by Dardo21; February 18, 2017 at 12:06 PM.

yep i didin't have user.script , anyway i tried this and it didin't work its a bit wierd but i dont have users scripts for any total war games

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Help needed.. I just hit Imperium lvl 7 and was so looking forward to get the imperial versions of the legions. But to my disapointment I cant upgrade my current legions to Imperial or recriut the Imperial versions either. If im not mistaken the Imperial versions of the legions should be locked to the tech "Advanced Barracks Construction" and I have researched all military techs allready. I have checked the load order of the mods and it is all loading in the correct orded, so if someone know how to fix this I would be very greatfull Thanks in advance

I wouldn't really know tbh, are there any other mods activated or in your load order? Make sure that every mod is unchecked in your mod launcher and post your load order please.
    Last edited by Dardo21; February 21, 2017 at 02:48 PM.

Nilte's Avatar Civis

I wouldn't really know tbh, are there any other mods activated or in your load order? Make sure that every mod is unchecked in your mod launcher and post your load order please.
    My loadorder is as follows:
    Caesarslegionspatch.pack
    divide_et_impera_release_12_par1.pack
    divide_et_impera_release_12_par2.pack
    XIIICaesars_legions_DeI.pack

I also have two submods that im using that are updated and compatible with 1.2, a reduced squalor mod and reduced upkeep mod which are loaded last in the loadorder

You mean on top of the list? Because otherwise they aren't going to do much :p. Apart from that I can't really see anything wrong, you downloaded the most recent version of the patch I assume?

Nilte's Avatar Civis

You mean on top of the list? Because otherwise they aren't going to do much :p. Apart from that I can't really see anything wrong, you downloaded the most recent version of the patch I assume?
    yes, and I redownloaded the file in the first post and replaced it with the old one.
    but do I need both files? also im playing the GC not IA or anything else
    Down below you can see that I have the tech researched and that when I hoover my mouse over a unit it says higher reforms level required.

the mod manager loadorder should be?:
    Caesarslegionspatch.pack
    divide_et_impera_release_12_par1.pack
    divide_et_impera_release_12_par2.pack
    XIIICaesars_legions_DeI.pack
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170222014220_1.jpg   20170222014246_1.jpg  
    Last edited by Nilte; February 21, 2017 at 06:54 PM.

You don't need the _imp version no. Also, divide_et_impera_release_12_par1.pack
    divide_et_impera_release_12_par2.pack is spelled incorrectly, its part1 and part2, I assume you constructed the load order in the mod "..."; fashion?

Like so:

Edit: from what I can see from your pictures either you are using the wrong patch or loadorder, since the imperial units are not tied to the reform tech, and thus the higher reforms message wouldn't pop up.
    Last edited by Dardo21; February 21, 2017 at 07:58 PM.

Nilte's Avatar Civis

You don't need the _imp version no. Also, divide_et_impera_release_12_par1.pack
    divide_et_impera_release_12_par2.pack is spelled incorrectly, its part1 and part2, I assume you constructed the load order in the mod "..."; fashion?

Like so:
    the misspelling is just here hahaha, but yeah I manually went into the data folder and renamed them so that they get placed in the correct order. Though I read now something about the user.script in the first post here. Is there something I need to do with this? because when i open the user.script.txt it is just empty.
    Ps: there is 4 files in the scriptfolder, one called user.script, preferences.script, profile.DeI ROME and one called profile.last used mods
    Last edited by Nilte; February 21, 2017 at 07:04 PM.

Yeah, i've posted that like 4 times already, deactivate all mods in the mod manager and then order them in the user.script instead, after you saved it, right click, properties and then set it on read only. That way it won't get emptied every time you launch the game.

In your case this would be
    mod "name of the reduced squalor mod.pack";
    mod "name of the reduced upkeep mod.pack";

Just a quick question with regards to the user.script. I've set it up and it's working like a dream, so thank you very much. What I wanted to know is, when there are updates to the mods do we need to do anything to the user.script or will it just automatically pick up the update? Hope I am making sense.