Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on March 2023 1.3.2 Compatibility patch

Default UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on March 2023 1.3.2 Compatibility patch

This temporary patch brings UM's units in line with the new DEI version 1.3.2 beta Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzz...CU3p3jNCbeJAif you use Kam's Alternative Economy mod (filename was altered): use https://drive.google.com/file/d/1igx73PT6xWgvJ151qvM4YGfqY2V8FR6M/view?usp=sharing (copy and paste the link, Google keeps rerouting to a deleted file otherwise)
    Bridge mod between Divide et Impera Extravaganza (and its own prerequisites) and this mod = https://drive.google.com/open?id=12x...LU7PDBjdVr-zMz place this file in the highest load order, above DEI, UMCenturions base mod and above DEI extravaganza and its prerequisites.

Current patch notes:
    Updated to 1.3.2 beta script changes
    Old updates

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

November 2022
    Updated reform script and population number script to 1.3.1
    06/06/2022
    Updated the files to 1.3a standard, mostly some population fixes and a few changes to the unit reforms.
    08/09/2021
    Added changes related to 1.2.8
    Forgot to register the fixes in-between :<
    07/06/2020
    Added population numbers for the new Spartan and Galatian unit and added the pike and Galatian unit to the reform script.
    17/05/2020
    Incorporated the new unit stat values and modified them for my own personal twist (only veterans/evocatii and praetorians are altered, but remain close to the vanilla equivalents). I also updated the unit pop numbers for the units that were tweaked and added.
    13/03/2020
    Hopefully fixed the reform script, also changed the vanilla veterans and Evocatii to now be denoted as Italian ones, this is a cosmetic change, no in-game units will need to be recruited to incorporate the change.
    01/12/2019
    Patch updates for version 1.2.5a: updated population numbers that were fixed in the patch. Overhauled the AOR veteran system, each province now can now provide 4 veteran units of a specific AOR type. Therefor, some veteran units will have multiple instances so that a larger AOR is covered. Specifically, it goes like this:
    · African: number 1: Africa, Mauritania & Phazania (12 units) & number 2: Lybia (4 units.)
    · Alpine: number 1: Raetica & Noricum and Pannonia (8 units), number 2: Cisalpina (4 units) & number 3: Provincia (4 units).
    · Britain: 8 units.
    · Egyptian, Thracian, Dacian, Illyrian: 4 units.
    · Gallic: number 1: Auquitania & Celtica (8 units) & Belgica (4 units).
    · Germanic: number 1: Germania Minor, Magna Germania & Suebia (12 units) & number 2: Hercynia & Silesia (8 units).
    · Greek: Macedonia, Hellas & Asia (12 units).
    · Iberian: Taraconensis, Lusitania, Cartaginensis & Baetica (16 units).
    · Italian (regular): Corsica & Sardinia; Italia & Magna Graecia (16 units).
    · Syrian: Bithynia & Pontus, Galatia & Cappadocia, Armenia, Caucasia & Syria (20 units).
    Update 05/08/2019
    Added Alexander and 1.2.5 combat and population changes.

Update: I've readded sleeved armor versions to some units, this isn't always possible with the DEI vanilla assets, but i've set up the remaining armor assets in a way that submods that adress this issue, will have effect. To that end I've also made a bridge mod between Divide et Impera Extravaganza (and its own prerequisites) and this mod, I will post my bridge mod in the OP. This bridge mod also adds additional sleeved armors to specific units, that used to have them, these are specifically units with the cold weather attribute for the most part.

I've also changed the dacian veteran units to have the cold weather attribute, and I've made a duplicate for the African veteran units with 10 being recruitable from Marocco to the border with Libiya, and another 6 being recruitable in Lybia. This will make them properly recruitable in Northern Africa up to the border with Egypt.

UPDATE 16/06/2019
    I've readjusted the stats on the praetorians, the praetorian guard, veterans and evocati. Veterans and Evocati have more armor, more defense and morale at the cost of (a higher cost :p) lower charge and lower attack rating. On top of that, I've also limited the existing vets and evocati in number (20) and made them only recruitable in Italy (including the islands). I have however added 11 new regional veteran units and 10 new regional Evocati units. The cosmetic look of these units is still a WIP, some cloaks might look inaccurate for example, but atm I'm looking to make them as distinctive as possible, without making them look unbelievable. Praetorians are the best of the veterans, so they carry over similar stats, with a slight buff.

The number of units you'll be able to recruit will be between 6 or 12, depending on whether or not the AOR is limited to 1 province or to several.

Additionally I've reimplemented hot and cold climate attributes, i've already distributed these to the new units, but not to all of the legions yet.
    UPDATE 06/02/2019
    I've decided to tackle something that I'm sure had people experience many a sleepless nights. I changed the units from the historical battles of Alesia and the Nile with the historical Caesarian legions. Furthermore, I also made seperate and first eagle cohort versions of all late Marian and Imperial units for the Grand campaign, since they used the same unitvariantmesh before. Finally, I also updated the Alternative Economy version to have to new higher upkeep costs that are more in line with the older versions of AE.
    PS: I haven't changed the units for the Teutoburg Forest yet, not just because I try to pretend as if it never happened, but also because the 3 legions in question aren't actually in the mod (yet).
    Finally, I've removed recruitment from the legions and vets from the aux barracks, since this is ahistorical. I have however buffed both the aux and main barracks, to provide both a public order and a +gdp buff.
    UPDATE 27/01/2019: All the names for the new AOR veteran units should now be properly displayed. The tooltips for these units are not customized, although it probably just be something among the lines of "these veterans settled in X, have reenlisted ...". I'll also try to add additional cold/hot attributes where applicable, although i think that I got most of them.

Since so many have asked me about the install instructions:
    With the mod manager
    The order of the mods should be 1. my patch, 2. the base DEI files and UMCenturion's base mod, UMCenturion's base mod should automatically load in a higher load order, but it doesn't really matter as long as my patch loads in the highest order.

For those using the user.script

1. disable all mods in the game mod manager.
    2. Steam stores workshop mods in a different folder now, you can find them in the SteamLibrary/workshop/content/214950 copy the mod that you want to use with your user.script and paste it in the data folder of your Rome 2 folder. Rename it (add an @ or something), or it'll be deleted by the manager otherwise
    3. Find the user.script inside :\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\scripts (or make one if it doesn't exist yet, with a simple text file). Deactivate read only on your user.script by right clicking and then going to properties
    4. Make sure that the order of mods in the user.script is

mod "@@@@@UMslegionspatch.pack";
    mod "@e_umcenturionlegions.pack";

The 3 Steam parts or the 2 forum parts
    4. reactivate read only
    Last edited by Dardo21; March 25, 2023 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Update for 1.3.2 beta

Default Re: XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

Thanks for doing this! I can add it to the OP of caesar's thread also once its all worked out.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

I hope it's all in good order soon.

thanks for make patch!

but I saw imperial legions are still old unit cards and all legions are same units.

do you have any idea? or there's another patch for it?

I try to use
    New Unit Cards for Caesar's Legions Submod
    but It doesn't work at all

I don't know anything about changed unit cards sorry

You need to use both this patch and the original caesars legions submod to get this to work. When I get some time I will help track down any issues.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...86&searchtext=

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...86&searchtext=
    Cards can be used with both DEI 1.2 + XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome, and just with DEI 1.2.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 06, 2019 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    You need to use both this patch and the original caesars legions submod to get this to work. When I get some time I will help track down any issues.
    of course I use both of them. but imperial [Augustan?] legions were not complete.

their unit cards and units are same. and unit cards looks like vanilla rome total war 2 card.

only marian? caesarian legions works well.

+ original Caesar mod mean vanilla or dei version?

I use dei version.

also I cant recruit marian? units at grand campaign.

and those imperial legion missing unit cards? ui? something.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Total War  Rome II 2017.01.10 - 13.44.48.184.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	257.8 KB 
ID:	342817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Total War  Rome II 2017.01.10 - 13.45.45.185.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	406.6 KB 
ID:	342818
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 06, 2019 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Thats the IA campaign not the grand campaign. The mod would have to be updated again for the new reforms system to allow Marian recruitment in IA. Don't have time for that right now.

you misunderstand with screenshot. I cant recruit marian units at grand campaign[only imperial]. which I didn't upload that screenshot.

anyway from now on I will waiting...

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

@Dardo21 if you are lucky or able to sweet talk him. You might be able to convince Rusty, who is the artist creating all the unit cards for 1.2, to do the unit cards for this submod. That way you wont end up with two different styles of unit cards.
    But he might be busy or worn out, but it doesnt hurt to ask.
    Occasionally he bites.

I'm not overly bothered about the unit cards but as Laetus points out, the unit card mod (see his link) replaces many unit cards of the 1.2. game, including all units in the legions mod, with corresponding pictures. All the legions in the mod get unique cards as far as I've seen.
    I am however more concerned with the marian units not getting triggered by the marian reform as servent pointed out, could Flasheart or Dresden maybe take a look at my scripts and 'building_units_allowed table' to see if I did something wrong?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Well. My experience is that you will see a lot of users wanting to use this great submod, but will be reluctant to do so because the unit cards dont match. I checked the submod on steam and as I can see he is only doing unit cards for the Roman units.
    We got more than 1800 units in this mod.
    Sadly real life is taking too much of my precious time, so I wont have time to properly check your submod for mistakes. Hopefully Dresden or someone else can do it.

Well if you put the unit card under the dei files in the user.script and the original legions mod below that one, it will over overwrite the named legions unit cards, and not the dei 1.2 ones, they might not be a complete match, but they're certainly well-made. Either way, my only goal was to get the mod working again.

As far as the marian reform problem goes, I've narrowed it down to the reform upgrade mechanic. If i empty the unit_upgrades_tables and remove the imperial units from the reform script, the marian legions are accessible when the marian reform is triggered. I've also added the first cohorts and eagle cohorts to the 2nd rank barracks, since the vanilla ones are placed into those as well, I'm waiting with uploading the updated version until I got the reform problem sorted out.
    Last edited by Dardo21; January 10, 2017 at 02:31 PM.

Did you ever end up getting the reform bug sorted out? Definitely love to have a working version for 1.2 but I understand how complicated the whole business is.

I gave it a try with the new Imperial reform tech, but the Marian units still get immediately 'removed' before the Marian reforms even hit. If I remove the imperial units, the Marian units get unlocked just fine. if you want, I can post a placeholder version, where I lock the imperial units to one of the last technologies, that way you can easily change it depending on your own playstyle, for example, if you upgrade all your military techs first, you can change the required tech to a social/economic one that you won't reach till late game.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for doing, it's much appreciated. I get the legions in custom battle but can't seem to recruit them in Caesar's campaign? Do I need to upgrade the barracks?
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

The Caesar legions should be recruitable from the 2nd barracks and onwards.

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Sorry if I ask something that has allready been answered. Just read the complete thread and if I understand it correctly the reforms dont work as intended in the grand campaign? I mean the legions dont work with polybian, marian, imperial upgrades?

Skickat från min SM-G850F via Tapatalk

For some reason I can't get the imperial units to work, if I remove those, the marian legions will correctly stay locked until the marian reforms are triggered. I could upload a version without the imperial units, or have them locked by a regular technology instead if people are interested in that.

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast