Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on March 2023 1.3.2 Compatibility patch

Default Re: XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

Yeah that'd be cool, appreciate all the effort!

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Default Re: XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

So all the reforms work apart from the Imperial ones? perhaps see if you can tie them to perhaps the last military tech? problem with this is that you perhaps can rush this tech and have super legions when the AI has not reached its final reforms?

That was my exact thinking, but that could easily be changed by the individual user by copy-pasting a different technology over it in the pfm editor.

Could you upload the version you were talking about that puts the imperial reforms off on a tech when you get a chance?

I uploaded a new version, use the downloadlink in the first post again, this one ties the imperial units to the penultimate military tech, this might mean that it won't work in the augustus campaign though.

Thanks a bunch! I would rep you again if it would let me

no problem, if it would remain locked while playing the augustus campaign, you could simply replace the technology in the unit require technology tab with a technology that's unlocked at the start of the game.

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Sorry but what is the penultimate military tech? Also do I still need to hit the reforms or I can just rush the tech and get super legions after 43 turns (amount of turns it takes in a fresh campaign to research last management tech)

Skickat från min SM-G850F via Tapatalk

I believe it's called advanced barracks construction. I haven't reached the imperial reforms yet on my char, but I do have the marian reforms, and the imperial units remain locked for now appearently, so I think you need both the reforms and the technology. I've also always used the increased technology duration mod since the vanilla length of the technologies was a little short in my opinion so you could look into that. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=370816540 . It's not compatible from the get go due to 1.2 having added new buildings, but if you remove the "buildings_levels_tables" it's compatible since the technologies haven't been changed.

Unfortunately, I can't get the mod to work. I placed it in the data folder, renaming it so that it loads before DeI1.2's two parts. But as I launch the game, it freezes on the loading screen!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 6P utilizzando Tapatalk

You have to download the original caesars legions mod which is stickied on this subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by opock View Post
    You have to download the original caesars legions mod which is stickied on this subforum.
    Thanks, now it works! The only strange thing is that in my Rome GC, although I've only reached Marian reform and I've not researched the special technology that enables Imperial units, I can only recruit Imperial legionaries and no Marian ones...

Sounds like you are using the old version then. Also make sure that the original mod is placed at the bottom of the userscript and that it isn't activated in the mod manager itself.
    Last edited by Dardo21; February 05, 2017 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Sounds like you are using the old version then. Also make sure that the original mod is placed at the bottom of the userscript and that it isn't activated in the mod manager itself.
    Thanks for the reply! I downloaded the main mod from the OP. But the fact is I don't have the user.script file in the Scripts folder (only preferences.script). So I placed both the .pack files in the Data folder. I renamed them so that the patch is loaded before the main mod and both are loaded before DeI's two parts. Anyway, I have to keep the main mod selected in the Mod Manager otherwise the game freezes at the starting screen... Have I messed anything?

Renaming the patch to load before the original mod should work too, strange that the userscript isn't getting created though. You can just create it yourself and see if it works

Renaming the patch to load before the original mod should work too, strange that the userscript isn't getting created though. You can just create it yourself and see if it works
    How do I create it? Is it a simple .txt to fill with the instructions that XIII Caesar wrote in the OP of the main mod?

Yeah it's a text file named user.script inside you write down mod "modname.pack"; but for every mod that you want to activate, after that you save it and put it on read only.

for dei and caesar's mod it would look like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

mod "Caesarslegionspatch.pack";
    mod "_divide_et_impera_release_12_Part1.pack";
    mod "_divide_et_impera_release_12_Part2.pack";
    mod "@_____XIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack";

, for example.

Yeah it's a text file named user.script inside you write down mod "modname.pack"; but for every mod that you want to activate, after that you save it and put it on read only.

for dei and caesar's mod it would look like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

mod "Caesarslegionspatch.pack";
    mod "_divide_et_impera_release_12_Part1.pack";
    mod "_divide_et_impera_release_12_Part2.pack";
    mod "@_____XIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack";

, for example.
    Thanks! I'll try and see if it works! 👍

It works I tried yesterday night !

Good to hear