Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Good job Vltima, I guess we should expect to see more of the same nice stuff! - Right?

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Good job Vltima, I guess we should expect to see more of the same nice stuff! - Right?
    Hope so, I ruined the modeldb again somehow putting the new northern roster in... Really need to start over with a clean build, but that also causes crashes.

Need to get sprite generation working again too, I managed to do it last year but I forgot how to enable the sprite script, putting the line in the cfg doesn't seem to work anymore.

But I did replace the whole generic northern roster with the new units, with new swords, spear, glaive/halberd and a recurved bow, I'll post ingame screens once I get a fresh battlemodels file from nygren
    Winter is Coming

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

I love the new models you've made Vltima they're looking great and the work Nygren has done on this mod aswell, Bravo! - I was wondering if the animation for archers will be fixed for next release? (They don't draw the bowstrigs)

That's one of the things I want to fix, I tried to add animated bowstrings once for a different mod but I got crashes. You got to rig the model to a different skeleton and get the game to recognise it and so on, I figured just copying the animation files would be enough but it wasn't. There might be a tutorial somewhere though
    Winter is Coming

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    That's one of the things I want to fix, I tried to add animated bowstrings once for a different mod but I got crashes. You got to rig the model to a different skeleton and get the game to recognise it and so on, I figured just copying the animation files would be enough but it wasn't. There might be a tutorial somewhere though
    Yep, copying the animations only does work if the models themselves are already riged.

Otherwise it's no difference with the new animations..

A completely fresh Northern roster sounds good. - I haven't been able to do much today but i have my gaming computer now.
    Somehow the activityfield (win 7) can't be clicked on which causes a headache when trying to handle many files. I will continue work on my laptop and playtest on the gaming pc i think..

It's a huge difference in graphics etc so pictures and videos will be much better from now on. Gonna fix those Freys, Umbers, Hornwood, Dothraki Riders and Tarlys tonight.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

That sounds good. Got most of the northern units replaced, just need to fix the lod versions and a glitched helmet, and add the partial plate upgrade and the northern units are done. Took some extra time cause I'm reorganising the texture maps, removing old things and adding new weapons. Should be quicker for the rest of the factions now that this is done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	halberds.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	299.5 KB 
ID:	346408
    Winter is Coming

That sounds good. Got most of the northern units replaced, just need to fix the lod versions and a glitched helmet, and add the partial plate upgrade and the northern units are done. Took some extra time cause I'm reorganising the texture maps, removing old things and adding new weapons. Should be quicker for the rest of the factions now that this is done.

Name:	halberds.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	299.5 KB 
ID:	346408
    Nice progress - i am gonna start now with what i said i was going to be done with already..

So expect it done today.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Name:	southerncrossbows.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	315.3 KB 
ID:	346412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	southernhalberds.jpg 
Size:	324.4 KB 
ID:	346413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boltonrevamp.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	277.2 KB 
ID:	346414

Got the northern units done with armor upgrade, and the southern without. Also redid the bolton armor, I never cared for the old model. While I do the armor upgrades for the southern swordsmen I'll probably improve the arryn and tyrell swordsmen at the same time, but the dornish units are the next big thing.
    Winter is Coming

Name:	southerncrossbows.jpg 
Size:	315.3 KB 
ID:	346412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	southernhalberds.jpg 
Size:	324.4 KB 
ID:	346413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boltonrevamp.png 
Size:	277.2 KB 
ID:	346414

Got the northern units done with armor upgrade, and the southern without. Also redid the bolton armor, I never cared for the old model. While I do the armor upgrades for the southern swordsmen I'll probably improve the arryn and tyrell swordsmen at the same time, but the dornish units are the next big thing.
    Nice units, but i don't think it's great if they look the same as the Northern troops. They could use different styled helmets. Besides that they do look much better than the other ones because they didn't have any colour to them. The new shields on their backs is a great innovation etc.

As for the Boltons i still like them, i don't know if they are better or not but they probably are. The ones i think were perfect were not the Bolton light troops - but instead those heavy swordsmen and knights.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Nice units, but i don't think it's great if they look the same as the Northern troops. They could use different styled helmets. Besides that they do look much better than the other ones because they didn't have any colour to them. The new shields on their backs is a great innovation etc.

As for the Boltons i still like them, i don't know if they are better or not but they probably are. The ones i think were perfect were not the Bolton light troops - but instead those heavy swordsmen and knights.
    I didn't want to use color on the armor cause they're meant to be random smaller houses and it might not match the shield. I could do what I did with the reskin of the DLV units and combine shield and surcoat but that's a hassle. The shields add color I think, so I did like in AOPK and had the pike and halberds use them too. But the armors are all used by southern troops, seen in the background and such. Most armor in the show is similar with padded armor cut vertically or horizontally or quilted and with leather cuirasses or something over it. The helmets are different actually, I figured the noseguard helmets and stark sallets looked better on the northern units and gave the southern units a pointed sallet instead. But I might go back and redo them by region, so each faction has more flavor. There's enough material for the riverlands and the reach I think. But I need to work on the characters again, so that each faction has some for the next version,
    Winter is Coming

I didn't want to use color on the armor cause they're meant to be random smaller houses and it might not match the shield. I could do what I did with the reskin of the DLV units and combine shield and surcoat but that's a hassle. The shields add color I think, so I did like in AOPK and had the pike and halberds use them too. But the armors are all used by southern troops, seen in the background and such. Most armor in the show is similar with padded armor cut vertically or horizontally or quilted and with leather cuirasses or something over it. The helmets are different actually, I figured the noseguard helmets and stark sallets looked better on the northern units and gave the southern units a pointed sallet instead. But I might go back and redo them by region, so each faction has more flavor. There's enough material for the riverlands and the reach I think. But I need to work on the characters again, so that each faction has some for the next version,

I understand.

Yes, that would be very important otherwise i wasted alot of time doing the regional system only for the actual units from each region to look the same in the end.. In my version all the spearmen and swordsmen have unique shields based on their regions. This only counts for southern units though - like the riverlands, stormlands, reach, vale and the westerlands.

If they don't have all those variations the regional system will become redundant in a way.

Edit:

And don't forget the Targaryen basic "Dragon"-troops are also your southern models and textures.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 21, 2017 at 03:03 PM.

- The Havamal

I understand.

Yes, that would be very important otherwise i wasted alot of time doing the regional system only for the actual units from each region to look the same in the end.. In my version all the spearmen and swordsmen have unique shields based on their regions. This only counts for southern units though - like the riverlands, stormlands, reach, vale and the westerlands.

If they don't have all those variations the regional system will become redundant in a way.

Edit:

And don't forget the Targaryen basic "Dragon"-troops are also your southern models and textures.
    It's still better than just having one unit with faction skins cause you can recruit units in that region with that region's skin though. There could be a system so that you need the allegiance of that region to get their units by taking the capital or destroying the faction first.

For the targs I'm not sure what to do, both joff/tommen and the targs would be based in the crownlands... Season 7 (or better Winds of Winter) should give some indication though
    Winter is Coming

It's still better than just having one unit with faction skins cause you can recruit units in that region with that region's skin though. There could be a system so that you need the allegiance of that region to get their units by taking the capital or destroying the faction first.

For the targs I'm not sure what to do, both joff/tommen and the targs would be based in the crownlands... Season 7 (or better Winds of Winter) should give some indication though
    Based on the books Aegon Targaryen arrives in the Stormlands, that's true - but based on the show it would seem in the trailer Daenarys arrives in Dragonstone. So they could possibly start in old Stannis territories in the south.

- The Havamal

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

I hope you guys do get a new map so you can add those additional factions. Will eaxh settlements has the house coat of arms? And the general be given lord of that house title?

I think we can have the factions on this map but I hope to get a new one anyway. They'll have the right settlements and the lords will be generals though yes.

Redid the Lannister archer after the new trailer, don't want to rig any more archer units until I get the animated bowstrings working though, it'd be a waste of time

Name:	lannistertrailerarcher.png 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	346441
    Winter is Coming

I think we can have the factions on this map but I hope to get a new one anyway. They'll have the right settlements and the lords will be generals though yes.

Redid the Lannister archer after the new trailer, don't want to rig any more archer units until I get the animated bowstrings working though, it'd be a waste of time

Name:	lannistertrailerarcher.png 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	346441
    That's a good looking one right there, it seems you kept the new variation but replaced the one we included in the WoW-subsubmod. Makes sense to change the look to the recent trailer.

- The Havamal

That's a good looking one right there, it seems you kept the new variation but replaced the one we included in the WoW-subsubmod. Makes sense to change the look to the recent trailer.
    There's room for two or maybe three variations in the texture map, in the trailer you only see them for a second but it looks like a mix of black/red and the old brown armor. Could use the new one as an elite archer or armor upgrade? Or just have them mixed.
    Winter is Coming

There's room for two or maybe three variations in the texture map, in the trailer you only see them for a second but it looks like a mix of black/red and the old brown armor. Could use the new one as an elite archer or armor upgrade? Or just have them mixed.

That's entirely up to you man - but if you ask me i do think armour upgrades would be better than having all mixed. Or as you say an elite archer. Because those new ones look more royal.

- The Havamal

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

I can't wait for the next update on this gonna be fun

Whenever I do stuff with animations it goes badly, if anyone knew how to get the animated bowstrings in that would really help. As long as the animation/skeleton files were in the right places and one unit was rigged I could use that as a base for the rest
    Winter is Coming