Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9 and future versions!

What? thats not even the same setting. this mod is the perfect base for a got version as this is wo5k. Its a really good map.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    What? thats not even the same setting. this mod is the perfect base for a got version as this is wo5k. Its a really good map.
    Yep, but as far as i know they plan a Wo5K in their project later - as Vltima is now working with them.

- I know that House Renly isn't a faction in "A Dream of Springs" and some others, but they plan many different campaigns. Just w8 and they will come..

- As for Westeros 1.0 we would need permission, not sure they allow submods even though they did for the old version which this mod is based on.

Still, that's too much work and i have no time porting this to Westeros 1.0. So put your hope on SGI's project, because i am sure this project may be ported to it as well - they already have the units and just need to change the theme and factions to turn it into this mod. Maybe change portraits and such as well.

As Vltima is working with them that's where GoT will continue, not to mention creator Inarus is also in on that project. The only benefit with Westeros 1.0 is those custom settlements, and some scripts. I believe the maps are about equally good in both mods.

No one will port the GoT mod to 1.0 when they have all the units plus possibly new ones already implemented in "A World of Ice and Fire".
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 04, 2018 at 11:29 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Can I just say a big thankyou to everyone involved in this mod - I've had such a great time playing it....some of the best looking units in any medieval 2 mod.

Just curious if anybody else has has had none of their generals gain the nightfighter trait in campaign? I've gone through a couple of campaigns now without any of them developing it. Wondering if it's something I'm not doing right?

Quote Originally Posted by ElDiego View Post
    Can I just say a big thankyou to everyone involved in this mod - I've had such a great time playing it....some of the best looking units in any medieval 2 mod.

Just curious if anybody else has has had none of their generals gain the nightfighter trait in campaign? I've gone through a couple of campaigns now without any of them developing it. Wondering if it's something I'm not doing right?
    Thanks, all credit for the wonderful units are due thanks to user VltimaRatio here at TWC, the map, old UI, music mod, old scripts and old building tree are due thanks to Inarus and the old GoT team and all the new coding, implementation of Ratios units, new loading screens and half of the new portraits are thanks to me.

- Glad you enjoyed it.

About traits, don't expect a submod of the Westeros alpha to have every feature found in oter mods - n other words certain parts are unfinished such as the traits area.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Thanks, all credit for the wonderful units are due thanks to user VltimaRatio here at TWC, the map, old UI, music mod, old scripts and old building tree are due thanks to Inarus and the old GoT team and all the new coding, implementation of Ratios units, new loading screens and half of the new portraits are thanks to me.

- Glad you enjoyed it.

About traits, don't expect a submod of the Westeros alpha to have every feature found in oter mods - n other words certain parts are unfinished such as the traits area.
    No worries, thanks - I've worked out how to add the trait via the console....the rest is no problem for me.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9.

How can i play with more battle maps in custom battle please? i'd like to add new maps or use map vanilla or edit by myself with map editor,..etc i'd like just play with forests etc... how can i do?

So guys, i've been testing out the "War of Five Kings" version of "A World of Ice and Fire", and while they do use GoT models for most of their units - they still have older models mixed in with them, creating a mix of high and low quality models. A mix of show and book-models, in the end making their mod less good looking ithan GoT:TW if you want a show-styled mod.

Further more, they are not using VltimaRatio' show-banners, VltimaRatio's strat-models based on the show or any GoT music, pictures, loading screens etc.. They are using book-stuff for loading screens, portraits etc and only a few heroes have the show-portarits - while others have the book-style. This makes it a solid mix between book and show - and it certainly doesn't look as good due to this fact - Game of Thrones have one and the same style - which looks more like a total conversion. Their strat-models are also book-based, and basically they are vanilla Medieval II models with reskins based on the books - they chose this over the awesome and cool show-based strat-models Vltima created.

I remember Parafix stating he prefer the lore over the show in terms of their look.. But really? That just doesn't fit with the show-models in battle. The mod would look much better if it, as GoT, would use the show-style for both stratmodels and battlemodels - as well as not keeping any older models. At least GoT replaced everything old so that Vltima could have his style on models everywhere, making it look more like a total conversion mod.

Their mod has the superior map, but besides that i do believe it is lacking in style and looks. They have kept the vanilla Medieval II old crappy horses - instead of replacing them with marka Horses as in GoT - something i was to do for them until they removed me from the team. This further makes it look old in comparison to GoT.

My opinion is that their mod will provide a larger campaign map and a more vast experience - but will in the end lack GoT:TW's style and feel like a mix between styles making it feel less in terms of a total overhaul good looking and DIFFERENT mod. Almost all Wsteros mods are using crappy vanilla models with reskins - by not using the GoT ones their mod looks nothing different than the others.. And the battle models are the only new things there, that aren't in Westeros 1.0 already. Game of Thrones therefore would be the superior mod - if it just had as vast a map as theirs.

And finally - they do not have House Renly as a playable faction. This would make their mod be "a War of Four Kings" rather than the five Kings -- Renly is the fifth King so in essence this destroys the whole setting. GoT:TW would therefore be the better mod if only it had a larger map.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 26, 2018 at 09:55 AM.

- The Havamal

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

I do love your continuous interest in us Nygren. Just to respond to some of your points;
    War of the Five Kings never is a war of five kings.
    Our pre 0.2 release submod is "Clash of Kings" not "WO5k", in which we start off the campaign around 1/4 of the way into the book. (Hence the Renly being dead and placement of certain armies and characters)
    Our development team decided the strat models on generals just looked out of place, but don't worry we've got people working on them.
    Our portraits for certain characters are artwork based on the actors to create a familiarity and connection with those said characters. Using real pictures of people causes a standstill when it comes to characters not part of the show, and we generally like to avoid what you chaps did with using Lord of the Rings stuff.
    Our units are indeed a mixture of show and book, but i would say 95% of the units are Vltima's work, however we currently have multiple unit creators now creating even more units to give it a more of a book feel.

Our team fully believe the campaign we're creating on book related material is far richer and more in depth than what fully basing off the show provides, we are tackling the heavy task of making everything new and unique compared to any other mod be it portraits, ancillaries, traits, scripts, models etc, so we're in a position of not taking stuff from other mods, and the work the AWOIAF team are doing, well let's say perfection takes time and we're still in very early days of developing the mod.

Edit- Anyone wanting to try out the mod that Nygren has so kindly mentioned in an unrelated thread, you can download it here - http://sevenrealms.co.uk/viewtopic.p...51631e9e9380ef
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 05, 2018 at 03:33 AM. Reason: off topic

Nygren why don't you just get permission and make a got version of wtw 1.0? That would be a brilliant mod. Surely that would be a viable option?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    Nygren why don't you just get permission and make a got version of wtw 1.0? That would be a brilliant mod. Surely that would be a viable option?
    I think the leaders of 1.0 are friends with Inarus who in turn is a friend of the ones i have a problem with.

But yes - GoT with a great map would be the best Westeros mod - keeping to one style, namely the shows. You are right.

- The Havamal

I think the leaders of 1.0 are friends with Inarus who in turn is a friend of the ones i have a problem with.

But yes - GoT with a great map would be the best Westeros mod - keeping to one style, namely the shows. You are right.
    Well you might as well ask politely i see no reason for them to denay 4.9 to be upgraded to the 1.0 version. Inarus did let you take the original version. Expecially if everything is kept civil and current problems are just forgotten. Because ultimately what do you want a vastly improved got mod you can take credit for or to sulk over the woiaf project?

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

So< I installed the game without issues, got the game to start normally, but it's crashing upon start campaign, or even loading the default save files, anyone know why this is happening 2 me :?" please and ty.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Majordea View Post
    So< I installed the game without issues, got the game to start normally, but it's crashing upon start campaign, or even loading the default save files, anyone know why this is happening 2 me :?" please and ty.
    This isn't exactly a new issue you know.

You need to always start a quickbattle when restarting the mod, then start the campaign - or you'll get a CTD. I have no idea why this is.

- The Havamal

Hello guys, we inform you that the Modding Awards are now live and that our mod is included in the lists; if you like it, don't lose the chance to nominate it! Similarly, if you liked the work that we did last year, remember that you can nominate us.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nations-Thread
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 11, 2018 at 04:33 AM.

- The Havamal

Domesticus

Hello guys, we inform you that the Modding Awards are now live and that our mod is included in the lists; if you like it, don't lose the chance to nominate it! Similarly, if you liked the work that we did last year, remember that you can nominate us.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nations-Thread
    Done!

Hey guys, I wanted to know if there was a wolf unit for this mode? In the text of presentation of the mode it is indicated that it is possible to add dragons, wolves, elephants, ect
    Where can I find textures for wolves? I would like to create a unit with a single werewolf (it would be gray wind)and only the starks could have.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ragmarock View Post
    Hey guys, I wanted to know if there was a wolf unit for this mode? In the text of presentation of the mode it is indicated that it is possible to add dragons, wolves, elephants, ect
    Where can I find textures for wolves? I would like to create a unit with a single werewolf (it would be gray wind)and only the starks could have.
    Thank you
    Medieval 2 can have Wolves yes..

You can find them in the Warhammer, Third Age, Westeros submods etc. Just download mods and you'll find such units. But i cannot teach you how to port them or create stuff so that you will have to learn yourself over at the mods workshop.

I believe i did add animations from Warhammer to enable the dragons, so in that sense i believe all the animations are already included. I think there were a wolf in the banned Westeros mod.. The animations i implemented from there, and they are Warhammer. So should be compatible with most Warhammer units of at least version 1.1 of BotET.

- The Havamal

thank you for your quick answer. On the other hand I have two questions: The first one is: Where can I find this banned mode of which you speak? (If I find it I could recapture the textures to integrate it into the game). Second: I know how to add a new unit, the settings, ect But I do not know comlent do to increase the size of the unit? I would like to change the size of wolves to have direwolfs and not just wolves. Thank you

Just a small clarification: I am on mac and I have not managed to find a software or plug-in that allows me to convert .texture files to dds files.

Quote Originally Posted by ragmarock View Post
    thank you for your quick answer. On the other hand I have two questions: The first one is: Where can I find this banned mode of which you speak? (If I find it I could recapture the textures to integrate it into the game). Second: I know how to add a new unit, the settings, ect But I do not know comlent do to increase the size of the unit? I would like to change the size of wolves to have direwolfs and not just wolves. Thank you
    Search Westeros on Google. Cannot help you more because of the ban.

I don't know how to resize models, that's something modellers do - i wasn't the unit modeller of this mod.

I don't know much about MAC:s - but not every mod works on a mac.

- The Havamal