Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper_of_Souls View Post
    I don't actually know why everytime I tried to start my campaign it crashes instantly upon clicking. I don't know why. Other problems is that the cavalry movement speed is slow. I am not complaining but the way they charge is slow to my point of view. And the Lannister Longbowmen is weaker than I thought. The range is.. short.
    Otherwise, it's a very good mod! I love the unit textures and I hope that you, the modders of this submod, will make custom castles/cities not only in the strategy map but also in battle.

I have a few suggestions, if I may. This is about adding/replacing unit. Like:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Stark Men-at-Arms - your main battle-line infantry with basic boiled leather and plated shoulder caps.
    Stark Swordsmen - your heavy infantry with mailings protections and plated armor.
    Stark Spearmen - your anti-cavalry infantry that can form schiltron formation. Similar armor like the Stark Men-at-Arms.
    Stark Pikemen - your true anti-cavalry infantry with shield-wall ability.
    Stark Longbowmen - your range archers that can shoot from far distance since they use longbows and not composite bows. Deadly.
    Stark Outriders - your missile-cavalry to harass the enemy. Kinda like the Jinettes in the original Med 2.
    Stark Cavalry - your main cavalry in the faction. They're generally versatile.
    Stark Shock Cavalry - your heavy-shock cavalry. They're the best for breaking into enemy lines and they're certainly the best in the selecting faction.
    Stark Bodyguards - the best-picked bannermen as your bodyguard. It would be nicer if you can have both infantry and cavalry.

Karstark Men-at-Arms
    Karstark Spearmen
    Karstark Pikemen
    Karstark Bowmen - they use composite bows instead of longbows.
    Karstark Cavalry

Bolton Men-at-Arms
    Bolton Pikemen
    Bolton Longbowmen
    Bolton Cavalry
    Bolton Bodyguards

you get the rest... so as the other factions in Got/ASOIAF.
    Try removing the .rvm-file in the GoT_Enanced/Data/World/Maps/Base-folder and start a campaign after that.

Edit: You may also need to first play a custom battle before trying to start a campaign.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 18, 2017 at 12:01 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

BAD NEWS everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

The same bug happened when downloading the version i have on google chrome.. I get an odd screen and the game CTD:s when trying to enter battles, and i haven't changed anything in this version.. It would seem GoT_Enhanced doesn't work on my computer anymore. This started to happen after trying to add bannercarriers from the German Westeros mod to the Bolton-officers.

But as i removed the entire mod and downloaded a completely unchanged version, and it still would not work - i do believe this mod doesn't work on my laptop anymore..

I have no idea why.. All other mods seem to work. And as i've stated this version is fully working for others i believe as it was uploaded when the mod worked. But after trying to add bannercarriers from the german mod- no version of GoT seems to work.

Edit: The old version has the same menu-problem - but i could enter both custom battles and the campaign. I don't know why the background video doesn't play etc.

Second Edit: Seems to work fine, but i have no idea why the CFG changed - i never touched it.. Possibly the german mod had some launchers affecting it or something.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 18, 2017 at 08:35 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Librarian's Avatar Ducenarius
    Please get me out of this hellhole of the UK

What does this does the mean for the developement of the mod?

I'd just recommend not touching the work of german thieves, Nygren. In the meantime once my own maps regions are sorted I'll see about getting Got onto the PettyKings map for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I'd just recommend not touching the work of german thieves, Nygren. In the meantime once my own maps regions are sorted I'll see about getting Got onto the PettyKings map for you.
    Yeah, i won't take any strat-models for ships, settlements etc because they are most certainly stolen. But the portraits are just like the ones in GoT, and 1.0 and other mods doesn't use real-life portraits - i believe they took GoT's portraits and then finished the work of adding portraits for the rest of the characters. Those are most certainly taken from Google, and that's what i did also - so i don't think the portraits are stolen. They were the work of the german team, those that were still unfinished by GoT that is. They would look exactly the same if i did the work anyway.

The reason for using these are i don't have to do the work. As for the heroes i think they are mostly re-made Third Age material which i won't use. I was going to use their bannercarriers, but they had different skeletons - seems i was lucky and got Jurcek1987 to add Sandy's bannercarriers instead. The texture is just a texture, and i believe not in the same style as those in other mods. It looked like GoT-style, as the German team has the same style as GoT in many places. A texture can be found on google so i don't see that as stealing. As long as the bannercarrier is not, that is to say the "pike" with the banner. And the soldiers won't be theirs. The texture of the banner may be from that mod, but that's because i was lazy. But it is just a texture of the symbol from google i think.

In any case, texts are in german so i rather use such tings from WoW etc - there were some dragons, mammoths etc that i wanted so i will get in touch with the Warhammer team. With the real creators permission i should be able to use re-made assets. The heroes i don't know, do you think the cool Asha Greyjoy hero is stolen? It has cool show-clothing.

Okay, btw, that's great news . Eagerly awaiting the new map! .

Btw, here is a picture of the newly implemented bannercarriers (standards by Sandy, texture found in the german mod - and unit is a GoT:TW unit - all GoT:TW units are based on Sandy's work):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-05-19 21-45-37-131.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-19 21-45-34-567.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-19 21-45-40-513.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 19, 2017 at 02:50 PM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
    What does this does the mean for the developement of the mod?
    Nothing, as i fixed it as i wrote in my edit.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    do you think the cool Asha Greyjoy hero is stolen?
    No idea. Does it look like this? Ignore the face glitch, is an old picture.

No idea. Does it look like this? Ignore the face glitch, is an old picture.
    Nope, but there are some (including Eddard Stark) who looks exactly like Boromir or Aragorn but retextured and with a new face.

- The Havamal

looks exactly like Boromir or Aragorn but retextured and with a new face.
    I'd wader a lot of their stuff looks exactly like other stuff just conveniently 're-textured'.

I'd wader a lot of their stuff looks exactly like other stuff just conveniently 're-textured'.
    Yep, that is mostly the case - also their units are mostly re-textured vanilla, third age and Warhammer units - i believe the 1.0 stuff are campaign stuff.

Portraits and strat-models are GoT-stuff, but portraits might be theirs also.

And then we have these heroes i can't say (I am thinking the body looks just like something LotR for Dany - but the face actually looks like her, and especially in battle close-up - maybe one could take just the head and hair as i have another body for Dany by Auc229 that i am sure i could use. I just thought his face on the model looked ugly compared to this one.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skärmklipp 2017-05-19 22.29.33.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-19 22.29.38.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-19 22.29.41.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-19 22.29.47.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-19 22.29.58.png  

Skärmklipp 2017-05-19 22.31.26.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-19 22.31.09.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-19 22.31.12.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-19 22.31.13.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-19 22.31.15.png  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 19, 2017 at 07:26 PM.

- The Havamal

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Ok, nice stuff!
    Keep it up!

Hello there Mr_Nygren, i a have a question, will there be some unique units for the main Bannermen of each House ( for example Hightower units of the Tyrells, Umbers for Stark etc etc. )? I know Vltima has stopped working on new models but did he create any bannermen units before he stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    Hello there Mr_Nygren, i a have a question, will there be some unique units for the main Bannermen of each House ( for example Hightower units of the Tyrells, Umbers for Stark etc etc. )? I know Vltima has stopped working on new models but did he create any bannermen units before he stopped?
    He created the Unsullied, Rob/Jon, Tywin/Joffrey, The Mountain, Tyrion Lannister, a fixed peasant-unit, a recurve-bow and Umber-bannermen - but all of these are not properly riged yet and will need someone to rig them. I have them in a folder called "Resources".

Joffrey and Tywin do share their texture and it is the same for the general, so it could be used to create both Tywin and Joffrey - even though the head is not theirs and Joffrey isn't short. I may try again with getting the Joffrey-body into the game but otherwise i do think help is needed to rig the other models.

So the answer to your question is the Umbers are the only ones planned, but not ready yet.

- The Havamal

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Any ideas when next patch/update will be out?

Domesticus

Good job!

Beautiful banners!

In the future, can you have units for each House? As in "A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War" by Auc162.
    Last edited by Crociato78; May 20, 2017 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Good job!

Beautiful banners!

In the future, can you have units for each House? As in "A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War" by Auc162.
    I don't know, that all depends on Vltima which is the creator of the units - i know only basics of modelling and it was jurcek1987 who helped me add banner-carriers to the units VltimaRatio created previously - i did only the UV-maping for the captain - but the texture were already made in another mod.

I liked the "A Song of Ice and Fire"-set-up. It's impressive how every lord and house have different color-scheme. Units being vanilla and all, they still were interesting - and as for some of the heroes and Wildling-units they were actually unique in a way. Not just the same quality as GoT uses, but they had good such units - i gladly use weapons from those Wildlings.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 21, 2017 at 04:14 AM.

- The Havamal

Domesticus

I don't know, that all depends on Vltima which is the creator of the units - i know only basics of modelling and it was jurcek1987 who helped me add banner-carriers to the units VltimaRatio created previously - i did only the UV-maping for the captain - but the texture were already made in another mod.

I liked the "A Song of Ice and Fire"-set-up. It's impressive how every lord and house have different color-scheme. Units being vanilla and all, they still were interesting - and as for some of the heroes and Wildling-units they were actually unique in a way. Not just the same quality as GoT uses, but they had good such units - i gladly use weapons from those Wildlings.

You are right!

I could make units for the "A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War".

For GoT you can use existing units and give them the shields of the main Vassal Houses.

Okay guys, here are some updates:

The full House Targaryen basic roster, as well as a mid-tier spearmen unit and a re-made Daenarys Stormborn hero-model - everything by Vltima not counting the heromodel. The Dany-model is using a body by Max.92, a friend of Auc129 who created "A Song of Ice and Fire: Total War", and the head/hair/face i found in the German mod. As they have used assets from this mod and claimed them as their own - without asking permission - i see it as perfectly legit to use that head.

If any creator so wishes feel free to tell me of it's origin - as i really thought it was superior to the other head on Dany's body. I replaced the head etc myself and did the UV-maping. If i am not allowed to use the body of Dany, then i will replace it before a release - but i am currently awaiting Auc129's answer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms_2017-05-21_21-32-39-841.jpg   kingdoms_2017-05-21_21-49-50-096.jpg   kingdoms_2017-05-21_22-03-00-721.jpg   kingdoms_2017-05-21_22-14-07-445.jpg   kingdoms_2017-05-21_22-26-52-055.jpg  

kingdoms_2017-05-21_23-02-40-422.jpg   kingdoms_2017-05-21_23-27-06-793.jpg   kingdoms_2017-05-21_23-46-55-630.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-21 18-03-00-732.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-21 18-02-31-144.jpg  

- The Havamal

Mate, first of all your screenshots from the mod, after that the Season's 7 trailer, i feel ecstatic! So, is it possible to set a release date for this marvellous update?

Reaper_of_Souls's Avatar Foederatus
    Imperial City, Minas Tirith, Casterly Rock

Will you be releasing Essos continent map?