Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Yep, they chose to use the books as their base - so they wouldn't want models based on the show i'd guess.
    Yeah I was thinking of making some book units, maybe based on the illustrations in the books and stuff. But judging by the trailer they don't need new models really, the vanilla reskins are gone.

For unit recruitment could we add "info building" to provinces? That have some text from the wiki or whatever but that also make the units trainable from that region? There's a limit on hidden_resources I think... Or they could be rectuitable anywhere just with a limit on number to reflect how powerful that house is? The whole sending units halfway across the map to replenish is kindof annoying, say what you want about warscape combat but it handled replenishment and attrition much better.
    Winter is Coming

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    Yeah I was thinking of making some book units, maybe based on the illustrations in the books and stuff. But judging by the trailer they don't need new models really, the vanilla reskins are gone.

For unit recruitment could we add "info building" to provinces? That have some text from the wiki or whatever but that also make the units trainable from that region? There's a limit on hidden_resources I think... Or they could be rectuitable anywhere just with a limit on number to reflect how powerful that house is? The whole sending units halfway across the map to replenish is kindof annoying, say what you want about warscape combat but it handled replenishment and attrition much better.
    Yep.

I am not sure about buildings etc - but i think the limit on hidden resources is 66 or something.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	knight.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	346908

The new knights - will make the armor brighter though. Gonna do a bunch of heraldry based on the houses in that region, knights don't use their lord's arms I think (men at arms do though) and these guys are meant to be from minor branches of great houses and / or bastards and so on, so a lot of switched colors and multiplied sigils. It's established in the books I think that it works that way, I think the show kept it simple to not confuse viewers too much.
    Winter is Coming

The new knights - will make the armor brighter though. Gonna do a bunch of heraldry based on the houses in that region, knights don't use their lord's arms I think (men at arms do though) and these guys are meant to be from minor branches of great houses and / or bastards and so on, so a lot of switched colors and multiplied sigils. It's established in the books I think that it works that way, I think the show kept it simple to not confuse viewers too much.
    Nice - these are the Southern Knights you were working on?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Are there any wildlings units and will there be an john snow campagne?

Quote Originally Posted by thekingsmen View Post
    Are there any wildlings units and will there be an john snow campagne?
    There will be no Jon Snow-campaign.

Yes, there are Wildlings - but they may only be rebels in the campaign if we doesn't get a new map.

- The Havamal

Anyone got a link to download some more portraits? Would like to fill in as many of the vanilla ones as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Lukewilkins123 View Post
    Anyone got a link to download some more portraits? Would like to fill in as many of the vanilla ones as possible
    Download the WoW sub-submod and take from it.

- The Havamal

The new Lannister Swordsmen textures doesn't work with my meshes.

I think i need a new lannister_swordsmen_lod0.mesh-file that is compatible with your new textures - i only got the upg1 which i am using as upg2. The Squires are now upg1 and the first variation is glitched no matter which mesh i try. The best one looked like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-07-07 05-50-52-515.jpg   kingdoms 2017-07-07 05-50-56-003.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 06, 2017 at 10:57 PM.

- The Havamal

I recall there being a small texture mod meant for NewBeginnings, that had various house symbols on the shields.

Would that be useable in-game?

Also, and this is just for my own preference, I recall there being older mods - not for WTW - that had next heir ancillaries. Would that be able to implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hierarch View Post
    I recall there being a small texture mod meant for NewBeginnings, that had various house symbols on the shields.

Would that be useable in-game?

Also, and this is just for my own preference, I recall there being older mods - not for WTW - that had next heir ancillaries. Would that be able to implemented?

I will not touch traits and ancillaries.

I think we already have our own house sigils

- The Havamal

Great thanks!

Regarding Dragons:

What would be best?

Three dragons (Elephants).

One dragon bodyguard (Elephants) with a mounted Daenarys - would need you to replace another guy with Daenarys, as elephants can't have riders but there is a way by mounting the rider on the elephant from the beginning in MS3D or Blender. I can't do this because when mergeing the Daenarys model doesn't end up where the other model is mounted - instead it ends up standing at the bottom and i don't have such knowledge on how to "move" a model.

Alternatively the model can be a horse - but the minimum number of horses are eleven it would seem.. The Dragons i did add have a problem with the rider offset then, and i think someone else would need to fix that - or i'd have to switch dragon mounts to the ones in BotET where they would be easy to mount from the start - they would not look as correct and would still be horses which would still mean eleven dragons?

- The Havamal

Regarding Dragons:

What would be best?

Three dragons (Elephants).

One dragon bodyguard (Elephants) with a mounted Daenarys - would need you to replace another guy with Daenarys, as elephants can't have riders but there is a way by mounting the rider on the elephant from the beginning in MS3D or Blender. I can't do this because when mergeing the Daenarys model doesn't end up where the other model is mounted - instead it ends up standing at the bottom and i don't have such knowledge on how to "move" a model.

Alternatively the model can be a horse - but the minimum number of horses are eleven it would seem.. The Dragons i did add have a problem with the rider offset then, and i think someone else would need to fix that - or i'd have to switch dragon mounts to the ones in BotET where they would be easy to mount from the start - they would not look as correct and would still be horses which would still mean eleven dragons?
    I think the elephant sounds better, 11 is overkill. Maybe dragons could replace a siege engine? So it shoots fire? But it would be weird if it had a crew reloading it I guess.

Made some progress on the knights, shield designs for tully and gambison armor that matches so they're a bit more knightly

Name:	knights.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	395.4 KB 
ID:	346927
    Winter is Coming

I think the elephant sounds better, 11 is overkill. Maybe dragons could replace a siege engine? So it shoots fire? But it would be weird if it had a crew reloading it I guess.

Made some progress on the knights, shield designs for tully and gambison armor that matches so they're a bit more knightly

Name:	knights.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	395.4 KB 
ID:	346927
    It actually does shoot fire even when a horse or an elephant - the problem is mounting Dany on it.

Plus the animations suck for it currently and i want to possibly add other animations for it.

Yeah, the elephants would be best - the problem is Dany won't show.

Edit:

Those Knights look awesome by the way.

- The Havamal

Dany could be a general on a horse, the dragons could be separate? Not completely accurate but a decent compromise I think
    Winter is Coming

Dany could be a general on a horse, the dragons could be separate? Not completely accurate but a decent compromise I think
    That's what they did in the German mod.. I wanted something better actually.

- The Havamal

You are probably asked that a lot but where do I get the got music albums from?

Quote Originally Posted by nichita1998 View Post
    You are probably asked that a lot but where do I get the got music albums from?
    From a store or some site.

- The Havamal

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

From a store or some site.
    �� LOL