Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9 and future versions!

So apologies for the dumb post of the day #100000

I installed M:TW2 and Kingdoms from steam
    Downloaded the 4.9 mod
    Extracted the folder GoT_Enhanced to `C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods`
    Ran the installer by Gigantus

However I see what I believe to be lanister solders but immediately crashes with "unspecified error".

I also tried using another method I saw online by renaming one of the mods folders to something else
    renamed crusades --> crusades1
    renamed GoT_Enhanced to crusades and tried launching through steam.

Again no joy. Also tried deleting the map.rwm file but again no luck
    If anyone can offer some advice I'd very much appreciate it !

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9 and future versions!

I need some help guys for Windows..I downloaded the mod, extracted it to mods folder, i ran the installer exe. at the game directory and i deleted rwm. from base folder, BUT everytime i try to start a Campaing or just a quick battle it crashes.I tried using the desktop icon and the rest bat. files but same result..

I want badly to play this!!!

CONGRATULATIONS for this AMAZING work to all guys!!!!!!!

Atticus-R's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgos Vita View Post
    I need some help guys for Windows..I downloaded the mod, extracted it to mods folder, i ran the installer exe. at the game directory and i deleted rwm. from base folder, BUT everytime i try to start a Campaing or just a quick battle it crashes.I tried using the desktop icon and the rest bat. files but same result..

I want badly to play this!!!

CONGRATULATIONS for this AMAZING work to all guys!!!!!!!

Start a custom battle first.

Atticus-R thanks a lot, it finally worked!

Ummm... perhaps just make the dragons walking beasts that breath fire...?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by sakor88 View Post
    Ummm... perhaps just make the dragons walking beasts that breath fire...?
    Nope, the dragons will stay as they are.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Domesticus

I recommend having one dragon per unit and increasing their speed.

Create a big ballista and more powerful.
    Last edited by Crociato78; September 28, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    I recommend having one dragon per unit and increasing their speed.

Create a big ballista and more powerful.
    I have no such skills sorry.

I am not a modeller after all.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

konpetros's Avatar Laetus

Is there anything i can do for the zero attributes of new generals?

I have recently seen an interesting submod of GoT: TW on youtube named Game of Thrones: Total War: ''History's Empire Edition''. It had replaced stratmodels and portraits. I don't know if it's a private mod or released but they haven't asked permission to do a submod. Not that i would say no, and i don't think Vltima would neither - but there are certain rules with submods. First of, me and Vltima should have full rights to use whatever from a submod based on our work.

- The Havamal

OMG MR_Nygren. You have no morals or decency. You just steal everything from everywhere! Do something yourself, just one time.

I don't mind the stealing part I can't judge him on that , however he is very rude to people...

Quote Originally Posted by breton_knight 31 View Post
    I don't mind the stealing part I can't judge him on that , however he is very rude to people...
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by florida_men View Post
    OMG MR_Nygren. You have no morals or decency. You just steal everything from everywhere! Do something yourself, just one time.
    This is an accusation, please provide proof of what you claim. I still think the rules about insults sucks..

I have done alot myself.. You are just too ignorant to realize that. Not only have i spent huge amounts of my time on modding, but also created alot of portraits and other 2d stuff - most time is obviously spent on text-work. But that isn't equal to doing nothing ignorant...

It's alot of work just doing huge amounts of coding..

I spent over a month on the music mod for TA: D&C and also about two or three weeks on the music mods for WotN/TLK.

Working on GoT took alot of time.. Just because i didn't create models doesn't mean i haven't worked my ass of.

What have you done yourself? Nothing i guess.. So be quiet.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 19, 2017 at 02:31 AM.

- The Havamal

I've installed this mod and all OK but when I enter a battle with AI reinforcements, a BIG aberrant button appears on middle of screen. This is the button for AI shooting stance. How I can fix it? Thanks

I've tested the mod deleting all battlepage_01.tga files, but the aberrant button also appears with the original texture game

Finally, I've resolved the bug by myself. Only need to add battle.sd and battle.sd.xml standard and kingdoms-compatible files to /mods/GoT_Enhanced/data/ui folder. I've used Retrofit 1.0 files, because this is a mod merges AI reinforcement capability with vainilla Medieval Total War 2.
    Another bug I've resolved is the name of buildings on battle are on russian. I've replaced building_battle.txt and building_battle.txt.strings.bin on /mods/GoT_Enhanced/text folder with original files from any Kingdoms oficial DLC.

Sorry for my english.

These are the files you need to add or replace:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqbio5zmnd...olved.zip?dl=0

Another bug resolved. Arrows disappear at ground impact. Simply remove /mods/GoT_Enhanced/data/descr_effect_impacts.txt

That's not a bug....

Quote Originally Posted by Toranks View Post
    Finally, I've resolved the bug by myself. Only need to add battle.sd and battle.sd.xml standard and kingdoms-compatible files to /mods/GoT_Enhanced/data/ui folder. I've used Retrofit 1.0 files, because this is a mod merges AI reinforcement capability with vainilla Medieval Total War 2.
    Another bug I've resolved is the name of buildings on battle are on russian. I've replaced building_battle.txt and building_battle.txt.strings.bin on /mods/GoT_Enhanced/text folder with original files from any Kingdoms oficial DLC.

Sorry for my english.

These are the files you need to add or replace:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqbio5zmnd...olved.zip?dl=0
    Thanks for the files, i never play with ai commands and always let the AI control reinforcements - i knew of that button-bug but it doesn't show when the ai is controling the reinforcements. It only shows when you have put reinforcements under your command, so that you can click attack, defend etc buttons i believe? No matter, will probably add your files and upload the mod again later.

- The Havamal