Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
    For those struggling with stability, I'd suggest using an earlier version.

Sent from my SM-T285 using Tapatalk
    I do advice against this.. This version is about as stable and has alot of more content.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Atticus-R's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9 and future versions!

4.9 is Very unstable. ive found 4.0 to be more stable.

Domesticus

"I am also expecting a guy to release balance/recruitment (remade EDU and EDB) soon after my release - and so i will update it with these files. This will hopefully make RTS-battles more stable."

I'm editing the EDU file.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus-R View Post
    4.9 is Very unstable. ive found 4.0 to be more stable.
    4.0 doesn't even have the Boltons nor the new strat-models..
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

I've just had to delete a lot of posts and hand out rather too many notes/infractions for insulting others here that I would have liked to. Don't carry on insulting each other please.

If you have any questions, please send me a private message rather than responding in public here.
    Last edited by Tango12345; September 13, 2017 at 03:21 PM.

Atticus-R's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    4.0 doesn't even have the Boltons nor the new strat-models..

Yes i know but at least it's playable. Don't get me wrong i like 4.9 but it just crashes so often.

I can't wait for the mod you are merging to be complete, with all you guys working on it it should be bloody epic! keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus-R View Post
    Yes i know but at least it's playable. Don't get me wrong i like 4.9 but it just crashes so often.

I can't wait for the mod you are merging to be complete, with all you guys working on it it should be bloody epic! keep up the good work!
    I see what you mean..

Hopefully the ADOS-project will work much better.. Unfortunately my free-time is more limited now.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 16, 2017 at 03:35 AM.

- The Havamal

This is the continuation of my Let's Play for 4.9. It is long overdue but I also give my thoughts on the mod overall. There are a few awesome battles as well!

konpetros's Avatar Laetus

It is a great mod. I think the best part is the great unit models. They are just awsome. I havent fully understood how the modding teams of ADOS, Enhanced and Westeros 1.0 are working but i love the units of the enhanced 4.9, the map and the skins of Westeros 1.0. It would be great to see a mod to combine all these. Anyway keep up the good work guys and thank you for the wonderful game.

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

This mod doesn't seem to be working for me...every time i save, quit, and then come back to play, the saves i load up just crash on loading screen. Is this a common problem?

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    This mod doesn't seem to be working for me...every time i save, quit, and then come back to play, the saves i load up just crash on loading screen. Is this a common problem?
    Yeah same here it was pretty much unplayable for me

i think you have to enter a custom battle before entering the campaign mode. Most times i dont do it, it crashes also for me.

Quote Originally Posted by konpetros View Post
    It is a great mod. I think the best part is the great unit models. They are just awsome. I havent fully understood how the modding teams of ADOS, Enhanced and Westeros 1.0 are working but i love the units of the enhanced 4.9, the map and the skins of Westeros 1.0. It would be great to see a mod to combine all these. Anyway keep up the good work guys and thank you for the wonderful game.
    Westeros 0.53 was the first released mod by the old Westeros team. Westeros 1.0 is the coming new version of 0.53 that has been in development since 2011 - and the team has probably changed many times since then.

AOPK, WoW and GoT are all submods of the released Westeros 0.53 improving on it and changing the setting, and they are developed my individual developers.

ADOS is another such project which used AOPK as it's base at first - but Parafix and SoulGamesInc has remade the map and alot of things from scratch only keeping a few AOPK units/traits and ancillaries for now.

ADOS is their project, GoT 4.0 and onwards was VltimaRatio's and my (using what Inarus and the others had already created as our base and making the mod more finished) project to create an improved GoT 3.0 with units from the show among other things.

Westeros 1.0 is still the update of the orgiginal mod in development by what is left of the old team and new team members.

All of these mods work independently but Para, Soul and i decided to merge GoT:Enhanced with ADOS which means ADOS will have the GoT-units in the future. And that mod will hopefully be alot more stable than the current GoT and also will provide more themes.

Westeros 1.0 and "A Song of Ice and Fire" are still independent mods, ASoIaF being made from scratch by auc129 but still using some of the assets from the Westeros/GoT mod such as Inarus strat-models.

Of course me, Para and Sould would love to get those custom settlements that Westeros 1.0 has but i am not sure they would give permission. And in any case they won't until it's released. ASoIaF could have been the new base for GoT, as Auc agreed in a cooperation - but it would be too much work to add the models on-top of his mod which utilizes all of the 500 unit slots already. It's too much, while ADOS doesn't have all the slots filled. I guess we could include most of the units before reaching the limit on units after which we would need to remove AOPK-units. In ASoIaF we would need to do that from the start.

So basically three independent projects based on Westeros 0.53/AopK has turned into two individual projects with ADOS merging with GoT while Westeros 1.0 is still on it's own.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    This mod should not be in the hands of Nygren, who seems to have an issue with everyone who posts in this thread. Hopefully when the project merges with ADOS, he is not making decisions or answering questions.
    People like you are the reason i don't feel like working on the mod. Ungrateful people - VltimaRatio created the models so it's thanks to him the models exist and are all available, but without me i am not sure we would be past 4.0 because me and Vltima were the only ones willing to work on this.

Which means if i wasn't around he would have had to do everything himself.

And there are two important reasons why my contributions made a big difference:

1. I fixed the issues with the 4.5 update (adding the Boltons and stuff) after he had made some mistakes causing CTD:s immidiately at the start of the campaign.

2. While 4.7 and 4.9 has more issues - i still managed to find a way around them with quickbattles.

Also, not to forget - he did have to study between august 2016 and decembre 2016, as well as between january 2017 and late may/early june 2017 - i had 100% free time to work on mods.

Without me the mod would be set-back alot. Also, imagine he had to do all the coding, implementations etc - he may have learnt how to get past the issues in time - but all that work (which is really time-consuming and boring btw) would have taken time that he have spent creating models. That would have cut half of the models at least from the mod because of time constraints.

I have done alot of text-work so that he could focus 100% on unit creation. Without me the mod would not have gotten this far at all. And the campaign would not be playable for any faction.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 16, 2017 at 04:12 AM.

- The Havamal

Westeros 0.53 was the first released mod by the old Westeros team. Westeros 1.0 is the coming new version of 0.53 that has been in development since 2011 - and the team has probably changed many times since then.

AOPK, WoW and GoT are all submods of the released Westeros 0.53 improving on it and changing the setting, and they are developed my individual developers.

ADOS is another such project which used AOPK as it's base at first - but Parafix and SoulGamesInc has remade the map and alot of things from scratch only keeping a few AOPK units/traits and ancillaries for now.

ADOS is their project, GoT 4.0 and onwards was VltimaRatio's and my (using what Inarus and the others had already created as our base and making the mod more finished) project to create an improved GoT 3.0 with units from the show among other things.

Westeros 1.0 is still the update of the orgiginal mod in development by what is left of the old team and new team members.

All of these mods work independently but Para, Soul and i decided to merge GoT:Enhanced with ADOS which means ADOS will have the GoT-units in the future. And that mod will hopefully be alot more stable than the current GoT and also will provide more themes.

Westeros 1.0 and "A Song of Ice and Fire" are still independent mods, ASoIaF being made from scratch by auc129 but still using some of the assets from the Westeros/GoT mod such as Inarus strat-models.

Of course me, Para and Sould would love to get those custom settlements that Westeros 1.0 has but i am not sure they would give permission. And in any case they won't until it's released. ASoIaF could have been the new base for GoT, as Auc agreed in a cooperation - but it would be too much work to add the models on-top of his mod which utilizes all of the 500 unit slots already. It's too much, while ADOS doesn't have all the slots filled. I guess we could include most of the units before reaching the limit on units after which we would need to remove AOPK-units. In ASoIaF we would need to do that from the start.

So basically three independent projects based on Westeros 0.53/AopK has turned into two individual projects with ADOS merging with GoT while Westeros 1.0 is still on it's own.
    Thanks a lot for the answer. They are all great mods. I study electrical and computer engineering and i wish i could help with the mods but i am mainly occupied with the electrical aspects of my school and only have a minor familarity with computer programming. Anyway keep up the good work.

irishviking5's Avatar Decanus

People like you are the reason i don't feel like working on the mod. Ungrateful people - VltimaRatio created the models so it's thanks to him the models exist and are all available, but without me i am not sure we would be past 4.0 because me and Vltima were the only ones willing to work on this.

Which means if i wasn't around he would have had to do everything himself.

And there are two important reasons why my contributions made a big difference:

1. I fixed the issues with the 4.5 update (adding the Boltons and stuff) after he had made some mistakes causing CTD:s immidiately at the start of the campaign.

2. While 4.7 and 4.9 has more issues - i still managed to find a way around them with quickbattles.

Also, not to forget - he did have to study between august 2016 and decembre 2016, as well as between january 2017 and late may/early june 2017 - i had 100% free time to work on mods.

Without me the mod would be set-back alot. Also, imagine he had to do all the coding, implementations etc - he may have learnt how to get past the issues in time - but all that work (which is really time-consuming and boring btw) would have taken time that he have spent creating models. That would have cut half of the models at least from the mod because of time constraints.

I have done alot of text-work so that he could focus 100% on unit creation. Without me the mod would not have gotten this far at all. And the campaign would not be playable for any faction.
    I'm sorry Mr_Nygren that some people are giving you a hard time. I know I have nothing to do with them but seeing that last post made me want to apologise on behalf of them. Keep up the great work. There are plenty of community members who see you guys working your butts off and we appreciate it so much. To be honest westeros was getting stale before I stumbled on to this mod. So thank you for the hours of enjoyment you've provided with this great mod.

Please ignore these people Nygren that are being totally ungrateful the majority of us appreciate your work. Also the mod Base is 0.53 which is herendiously unstable. And there is not alot you can do with it. Hence the merger.

Quote Originally Posted by irishviking5 View Post
    I'm sorry Mr_Nygren that some people are giving you a hard time. I know I have nothing to do with them but seeing that last post made me want to apologise on behalf of them. Keep up the great work. There are plenty of community members who see you guys working your butts off and we appreciate it so much. To be honest westeros was getting stale before I stumbled on to this mod. So thank you for the hours of enjoyment you've provided with this great mod.
    Glad to see there are some good people around.

Yeah, without the units and other additions Game of Thrones: Total War would still be a dead sub-mod and it would not have been a seven at moddb for like two months - and the highest ranked Medieval II Kingdoms mod on the moddb-site june to early septembre.

Basically almost no one would have played it if it lacked the units.

- The Havamal

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

A number of posts have been deleted of a discussion that should have been held in private channels to start with. Don't start it again, please?

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    A number of posts have been deleted of a discussion that should have been held in private channels to start with. Don't start it again, please?
    Thank you