Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSrx View Post
    Never mind, I fixed it.
    Mind telling me how to get it working?

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurmanji View Post
    Hey there!
    Thank you for making this mod, I have a few qustions tho:
    1. Will other characters get custom models like Robb Stark and Dany and will they also be available in custom battle?
    2. Will we see custom settlements on battle maps like King's Landing, Winterfell and the Rock? And will these be available in boot campaign and custom battle?
    3. Is there a way to fix the crash everytime when you deploy dragons in custom battle and will the dragon's model be updated?
    4. How do I get acces to the battle editor, I'd like to help out on making historical battles and if I have time to make custom settlements as well.

Thank you for your hard work and time!
    Kind regards,
    1. Robb Stark already has a custom model if you play against him in the campaign
    3. Dragons work as long as there aren't too many units in the battle I believe (the mod maker told me once when I asked the same question)

I can't answer the other questions, sri

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    1. Robb Stark already has a custom model if you play against him in the campaign
    3. Dragons work as long as there aren't too many units in the battle I believe (the mod maker told me once when I asked the same question)

I can't answer the other questions, sri

I mean to ask whetever they get models to like Robb and Dany have. So for example, Jaime not bieng a regular Lannister bodygaurd.

Also not sure if this is asked... but will they expand the map?

They will change the entire map soon i think...

I do hope the map will be larger. I am not gonna lie, I do find this mod too easy atm.

You start with a full stack (atleast 1, depending on your faction) and you can easily take out neighbouring houses. I don't know if this will change in the future, but what made other mods (like Third Age Total War) so great is that you actually had to build something up. An economy, an army, etc.

Mentioning that, will the Game of Thrones/ASOIAF mods ever be like that in the future? I hope so. Just starting with some famous characters and some levies is much more fun than having full sized armies. <-- Unless I am the only person who thinks about it this way, then you may just ignore me alltogether

Full stack armies at the beginning does make sense if they are following the show or the books , all factions had huge armies in the beginning of the conflict , but what they should do is to make it harder to replace the fallen units , by making recruiting a bit expensive , that in my opinion would be really interesting and would make me care more about strategy and taking care of my army than just throw everything in my power to take a stupid castle knowing that i would be able to replace the whole army in 2 or 3 turns...
    Last edited by breton_knight 31; August 25, 2017 at 06:42 PM.

Librarian's Avatar Ducenarius
    Please get me out of this hellhole of the UK

I think Mr_Nygren took on a bit to much work at once and over worked himself and as a result he's got stressed out. I believe he wanted to scrub this up and then move on to A Dream Of Spring. I'm not sure if he wished to have this many problems or put in more features.

God damn it, I wrote this post 3-4 days ago and keep on forgetting to post it.

I think he is best giving up on this and conistraiting on the world of ice and fire project as it hopefully will be alot more stable and have alot more features.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    I think he is best giving up on this and conistraiting on the world of ice and fire project as it hopefully will be alot more stable and have alot more features.

I hope the mod team doesn't listen to you because that mod IMO isn' appealing to me and many others at all, the potraits of the generals speak for themselves. It is sad they don't try to make the soldiers and characters look like in the show and that is what I like about this mod.

Also is it possible to use these unit models?

Mr_Nygren, on regard of the Lannister,Martel,or others units roster unfinished,do you plan to release as patch to this version, or will be additions for 5.0 got_version.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    I think he is best giving up on this and conistraiting on the world of ice and fire project
    To my knowledge Nygren intends to do a final 5.0 patch for GoT before essentially redoing the War of Five Kings under the Ice&Fire project, same scenario only far more stable with far more content.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    To my knowledge Nygren intends to do a final 5.0 patch for GoT before essentially redoing the War of Five Kings under the Ice&Fire project, same scenario only far more stable with far more content.
    Will his units and character potraits replace those of Ice and fire?

Not a fan of the potraits and units...
    Will his units and character potraits replace those of Ice and fire?
    Going by your posts I'm afraid you might be a tad confused. The Ice and Fire project isn't related to Westeros 1.0. We already have portraits based on actors from the show (where possible) and keep a similar style for the non-show characters that obviously don't have iconic actors handy. We'll be using GoT's (Nygrens) show units as soon as he implements them, thus we've both portraits and units reflective of the show.

We wont be using GoT's portraits as we have our own, as Parafix previewed a little here.

Going by your posts I'm afraid you might be a tad confused. The Ice and Fire project isn't related to Westeros 1.0. We already have portraits based on actors from the show (where possible) and keep a similar style for the non-show characters that obviously don't have iconic actors handy. We'll be using GoT's (Nygrens) show units as soon as he implements them, thus we've both portraits and units reflective of the show.

We wont be using GoT's portraits as we have our own, as Parafix previewed a little here.
    Sorry if I was bieng annoying.

Reading the names of all the mods again I finnaly understand why I got confused.

Looking forward to the mad, keep up the good work!

Hey there. I feel obliged to aim at some oncosistency issues in your mod. First thing is unit equipment, why Tyrell units wear simple burgonets whilst in the series they wear this rose-like helmets which are now oly for Tyrell guards? I understand that many people take this burgonet position because of some Renly's camp screens but later on the biggest group of Tyrell troops wear those fancy helmets. Even more, this fits into uniformisation of Westerosi armies, Lannisters have their open-close visor helmets, Baratheons burgonets with antlers, Tullies mail coifs and Starks with simple helments (forgot the name for now). I suggest that strict Tyrell uni should have those and deli-like fancy shields.
    Second issue of mine is lesser houses. In my opinion adding Freys and Boltons breaks the game's balance for good. For the sake of balancing Boltons you gave them Karstarks what makes Starks unable to recruit Karstart units etc. (not to mention Boltons). If it is possible to make only great houses by default and only by choosing lesser house it will pop-up on the map, otherwise it makes no sense. If you continue current approach you should add all lesser house to the mod, which is impossible I imagine. Custom battles with lesser houses is a great idea.
    Thirdly, balance-wise proposition. As far as we can be concerned, every house has some merits, Baratheons fierce and ferocious, Starks honourable, Tyrells flashy but calm. In my opinion house units should reflect that, Tyrell specimen, well-equippe, which means high armour and slow with low skills and moderate morale and kinda without special abilites though Tarlies breed soldiers what mean high skills, high morale and proper abilities, Lannisters all-round strong, Starks lower armour but high abilites and the highest morale etc.

Beside that love the mod, cheers.

PS; City Watch should be only on-foot and no shields

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
    I think Mr_Nygren took on a bit to much work at once and over worked himself and as a result he's got stressed out. I believe he wanted to scrub this up and then move on to A Dream Of Spring. I'm not sure if he wished to have this many problems or put in more features.

God damn it, I wrote this post 3-4 days ago and keep on forgetting to post it.
    Yes, i got tired because i have also done alot of work on other projects.

But seeing as how i managed to add the Targaryens in like half an hour, by taking som risks and adding much in one go - i think maybe i will try to get as many houses as possible implemented the coming final week. - After this week i can still mod, but only at weekends and some evenings - unlike now where i can mod all the time if i'd want to.

I may get into trouble if i add too much at once, not knowing where i messed up - but i could try to add a faction at a time instead of a unit at a time.

It's made possible by the fact GoT:TW has it all implemented in a structured way - i can easily copy the entries and then it's just a matter of remembering the numbers of units added and looking up which vanilla faction is the ownership faction in ADOS - some factions may be different factions in the mods. Denmark as an example is Stannis in GoT, but Targaryens in ADOS - such things i need to change obviously.

But still - if i can keep up that speed everything could be added in less than a week. But i would of course like the most recent ADOS version to implement units to. It should be released soon i've heard.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 26, 2017 at 05:16 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Beg you pardon, the units are VltimaRatio's units - not mine really !

But me and Vltima both wanted to possibly move to a bigger map and/or project - with yours or Westeros 1.0 in mind really.

So he is all for it, plus i am the guy who basically did most of the coding and fixed bugs. I guess without me all of this wouldn't have been released very fast - and i don't know if Vltima would have been able to get past the most troublesome CTD:s.

However, it's him who created the units and without them there would be no GoT:TW with units.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Beg you pardon, the units are VltimaRatio's units - not mine really !
    Quite, but your the one implementing them over for us so it's easier to explain it as 'GoT/Nygrens' units. Vltima will naturally get credited for his work. I'll type up a detailed Credits list for the 0.1 release.

Laetus

Icon4 Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9 and future versions!

Technical Issue with GoT mod

Hello, I need help, I downloaded the mod (Newest version of GoT Enhanced) and installed it as every other mod for my steam version of M2: Kingdoms, extracted it and renamed it after the other Kingdom campaign. After that, I tried to run the game but after a second of loading screen it crashed with error - "Medieval 2 total war has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit".

I reinstalled the game but nothing has changed (Even re-downloaded the mod).

I am normally playing other mods like Third Age with MOS sub-mod too so I don't know what's causing the crash, I tried to google it but nothing helpful came up so here I am. I tried also edit .bat file and start it directly but the same error showed up. I tried 4.7 version and that version works absolutely fine so I am very confused but as I found out I am not alone who has this problem yet solution is nowhere to found. I've tried literally everything.

I think I maybe missed something in instructions of installing but I think I have everything right and really don't know what's causing the problem. I typed already on moddb site and on Steam community but no solution was found so far.
    I am open to any form of help to fix this issue but I practically lost any hope of playing this mod until some patch which will fix this strange problem.

Best regards,
    Filip Deer