Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    Don't know much about scripting events but the best way IMO would be an event "legitimize Jon?" and then if the heirs are wiped out Jon spawns as faction leader.

Not sure since when you mean but the Night's Watch and Wildlings + the Dothraki are added even if they have few units and the current map doesn't really give them anything to do. Won't be adding more factions for this version I think, the ones already in still need work.

EDIT

Two new units in progress. Started doing the Glover last year but lost the model, felt it should be included anyway. And the Mormont cause I like that shield I guess.
    Attachment 346551

May not be able to do all the characters I planned, I think I may have overstretched a bit on that point. Will have less time to mod going forward too. Still, the following generals are done or basically done: Robb, Jon (BotB), Rodric Casell, Thron, Roose Bolton, Tywin, Jamie and Tyrion Lannister. I'll try and at least get Stannis done though.

Fixing bugs and getting the above into the game along with the Lannister units from the trailer is what I'll try and do next. Nygren is putting the units into the campaign files atm. I think the mod should be released around the premiere of season 7 instead of at the end of it personally, I probably won't be able to add stuff from S07 until the holidays anyway. I think it depends on how stable the mod ends up being...
    Those Mormonts and Glovers look really bad-ass to be honest - they are some of your best units i think.

Thatīs a shame, but it's understandable - you also had a Joffrey model but it has the size of a full grown man and doesnīt have a head.

And the Gregor Clegane model you previewed previously?

Yeah, Stannis is an important character.

I will try to get it finished in time, but those balancing issues and some other campaign-stuff might take awhile. I think it will be as stable as previously. I can't promise it will be more stable as i am not a CTD-fixer. It sucks the mod is based on an alpha of Westeros and not on the final thing.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Those Mormonts and Glovers look really bad-ass to be honest - they are some of your best units i think.

Thatīs a shame, but it's understandable - you also had a Joffrey model but it has the size of a full grown man and doesnīt have a head.

And the Gregor Clegane model you previewed previously?

Yeah, Stannis is an important character.

I will try to get it finished in time, but those balancing issues and some other campaign-stuff might take awhile. I think it will be as stable as previously. I can't promise it will be more stable as i am not a CTD-fixer. It sucks the mod is based on an alpha of Westeros and not on the final thing.
    Forgot about those. Not sure how differnt sizes play out with the same skeleton though.

Anyways, mod's come a long way since the first version and this won't be the last, I'll keep making content when I can. Even without a new map we'll get an idea of balancing and stuff.

Should advertize here and on moddb for someone who can add weapons to models and rig skeletons and so on, would make the work go much faster if I could focus on making the raw assets as the other half is kind of a speed bump on the whole thing. Did you say there was someone who could do it earlier?
    Winter is Coming

Forgot about those. Not sure how differnt sizes play out with the same skeleton though.

Anyways, mod's come a long way since the first version and this won't be the last, I'll keep making content when I can. Even without a new map we'll get an idea of balancing and stuff.

Should advertize here and on moddb for someone who can add weapons to models and rig skeletons and so on, would make the work go much faster if I could focus on making the raw assets as the other half is kind of a speed bump on the whole thing. Did you say there was someone who could do it earlier?
    I can add weapons but not rig model skeletons. I could merge units and create variations. Itīs just boring to add the UV-maping.

I got help with some issues from a guy but he wonīt work for GoT.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I can add weapons but not rig model skeletons. I could merge units and create variations. Itīs just boring to add the UV-maping.

I got help with some issues from a guy but he wonīt work for GoT.
    Merging is what I meant really, just assigning vertices to joints. Like if I sent you the mormont model when it's done could you add some weapon types to it? The UV mapping should be fine, the weapons are all in the same place in the attachment map. Need to make some new ones like maces and stuff though.

Did you ever get around to trying the Western Unit Overhaul animations? Would be nice to get the bowstrings working for the next release.
    Winter is Coming

Merging is what I meant really, just assigning vertices to joints. Like if I sent you the mormont model when it's done could you add some weapon types to it? The UV mapping should be fine, the weapons are all in the same place in the attachment map. Need to make some new ones like maces and stuff though.

Did you ever get around to trying the Western Unit Overhaul animations? Would be nice to get the bowstrings working for the next release.
    Yes, i could do that - but would be great if i got the unique weapon models.

I haven't tested it out yet i'm afraid.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 29, 2017 at 03:25 PM.

- The Havamal

Do you intend to recreate cities from GoT series?

Quote Originally Posted by kosmo246 View Post
    Do you intend to recreate cities from GoT series?
    We don't have those skills.

The only way that is happening is if this mod is ported over to Westeros 1.0.

- The Havamal

Is it possible at any point?

Quote Originally Posted by kosmo246 View Post
    Is it possible at any point?
    Possible yes, probably after their release.

- The Havamal

I am sorry, had no idea its not yet released

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Very good regimenT

The unit recruitment as it is doesn't really work I think, I see Lannister armies in the campaign made up of mostly riverland units and so on. I think going back to just southern and northern standard units with faction skins would be better and simpler.

Still I've been working on making armor variations for the smaller houses, so that each can field a roster of sergeants (incl ranged units) and heavy menatarms (also on horseback).

This could take some time, and I'm not sure this can be in the next version. And the characters may have to wait too. The next version will really be more of a demo and won't be that stable (still based on the 0.53 beta). I still think it should be released around the time S07 comes out, I'm hoping a better map becomes available or 1.0 comes out so the mod can move and the units can be added in on a clean slate, hopefully there will be less crashes and bugs then, but that won't be that soon I think. So when Nygren has added the new stuff to the campaign I think the release could happen pretty soon, the fuller version with the units below will follow 1.0 or a better map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riverlandarmorupgrades.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	729.9 KB 
ID:	346852
    Winter is Coming

So, what we should expect to be included in the upcoming version for sure?

i have CTD s after i win a battle and try to get back to the campagne

I guess everything up to that last screen will be in the next release.

Don't know how to fix ctds, it's a downside of basing a submod this big on an alpha. This is why I'm anxiuos to move the mod to a better base...

Followed up the riverland units with some western ones to give lannister/joffrey more variety. Still early wip though, swyft is closest to finished, marbrand the least finished. Don't want to import them until I've done the new weapons and all (new lance in picture) cause adding a new one means having to do the attachment file over again with normal maps and alpha channels and everything, and there's an attachment file for each sub faction now. So I'd like everything to be as final as possible. This is why they may not be in the next version.

Name:	west.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	667.6 KB 
ID:	346906

Adding weapons and things to each armor upgrade will take some time in itself
    Winter is Coming

I guess everything up to that last screen will be in the next release.

Don't know how to fix ctds, it's a downside of basing a submod this big on an alpha. This is why I'm anxiuos to move the mod to a better base...

Followed up the riverland units with some western ones to give lannister/joffrey more variety. Still early wip though, swyft is closest to finished, marbrand the least finished. Don't want to import them until I've done the new weapons and all (new lance in picture) cause adding a new one means having to do the attachment file over again with normal maps and alpha channels and everything, and there's an attachment file for each sub faction now. So I'd like everything to be as final as possible. This is why they may not be in the next version.

Name:	west.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	667.6 KB 
ID:	346906

Adding weapons and things to each armor upgrade will take some time in itself
    They look really good.

Gonna start adding those units you sent me now.

- The Havamal

Excellent work, those are some beautiful models. As to the need for a better base, have you thought about offering your services to the 1.0 team?

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousAndroid42 View Post
    Excellent work, those are some beautiful models. As to the need for a better base, have you thought about offering your services to the 1.0 team?
    It's not released yet. We have thought of using 1.0 as a new base after it's released - but we don't want to "offer our services" to them as we want the next version released soon - and they aren't known to be fast.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousAndroid42 View Post
    Besides I'm not sure what we could do, they have the models done it looks like and the text stuff I don't know much about
    Winter is Coming

Yep, they chose to use the books as their base - so they wouldn't want models based on the show i'd guess.

- The Havamal