Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper_of_Souls View Post
    Will you be releasing Essos continent map?
    No.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Hey, everytime I try to open the mod, I get "error 361", which is the mac error for the modeldb syntax being messed up. I noticed you guys have a syntax checker included. Is it possible that there is an error in the modeldb that only affect mac players because the syntax checker doesn't work for them?

Quote Originally Posted by d35966n View Post
    Hey, everytime I try to open the mod, I get "error 361", which is the mac error for the modeldb syntax being messed up. I noticed you guys have a syntax checker included. Is it possible that there is an error in the modeldb that only affect mac players because the syntax checker doesn't work for them?
    I am not sure, but i fixed a similar problem before back in 4.0 i think - the siege engines might not work on all computers. When i only used files without the siege engines the game worked fine.

But i don't have time to remove siege engines.

The siege engines from De Bello Mundi that is.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by d35966n View Post
    I managed to fix it in 4.0 with Mr_Nygren, and fixed it again in 4.5 on my own, I replaced the De Bello Mundi siege weapons with vanilla ones. I don't remember exactly how. I could share a dropbox download if you want.

Hello guys, just wanted to say that VltimaRatio (the modeller for this mod) wrote to me two days ago and said he was going to continue work on this mod during this summer as soon as he gets home to his computer with all the files. I am currently busy with three different mods, but am going to get back to this mod and TLK:WotN very soon - Warcraft Total War will be worked on by others i think.

I just uploaded my work to Google drive and will send my work to the other teammembers - then i will focus on TLK:WotN until i hear from Vltima. Obviously i need to focus on GoT while Vltima is active as that is best for the overall progress of the mod. It is possible he will correct those glitched Lannisters and so we will use those ones instead of the other ones.

However, we'll see what he brings - the heroes, Umbers and Unsullied may be finished and then i hope personally that he may work on the Targaryen roster, wildlings and the Nights Watch but it's up to him. The Targaryens have gotten all their basic troops though and the two mid-tiers. I think with the Unsullied all they would need is some mercs from Essos as well as the Dothraki.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 10, 2017 at 02:11 AM.

- The Havamal

You do also need to play a custom battle before entering the campaign, as otherwise the campaign will crash when trying to enter it - this is a Steam-related problem only.

Okay, this obviously needs a fix. I can't just run around playing custom/quick battles to continue campaign every time I launch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtim4ik View Post
    You do also need to play a custom battle before entering the campaign, as otherwise the campaign will crash when trying to enter it - this is a Steam-related problem only.

Okay, this obviously needs a fix. I can't just run around playing custom/quick battles to continue campaign every time I launch the game.
    It only applies the first time, and i certainly do not work for you.

- The Havamal

Unsullied unit works now
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unsullied.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	346087
    Winter is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    Unsullied unit works now

That's awesome - Daenarys looked kinda fat on this picture but i guess it's the angle .

- The Havamal

Domesticus

He put the muscles for the final battle! :-D

Domesticus

Unsullied unit works now

Beautiful unit!

Umbers imported. Sent nygren the model around newyear but forgot to send the textures

Name:	umber.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	346089
    Winter is Coming

Umbers imported. Sent nygren the model around newyear but forgot to send the textures

Name:	umber.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	346089
    I only got the WIP Blender-model - it wasn't a "ready to be implemented"-mesh.

By the way - Jaime and Clegane meshes weren't included also.

- The Havamal

Domesticus

With all these beautiful units and their bannercarriers, it will be a super mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    With all these beautiful units and their bannercarriers, it will be a super mod!
    Yes, there are only two problems - the small map and the unstability of the Westeros 0.54 alpha.

Hopefully it will be better if we get 1.0 as a base in the future.

- The Havamal

Domesticus

Hoping they release version 1.0.

I think the version for 1.0 will be the definitive one, there's some instability in 0.53 for sure.

Other units getting ready, dothraki and manderly men at arms

Name:	dothrakiwip.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	346098Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manderlywip.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	346099

I'll try and do the Tarly troops next I think, Tyrell has few units
    Winter is Coming

I think the version for 1.0 will be the definitive one, there's some instability in 0.53 for sure.

Other units getting ready, dothraki and manderly men at arms

Name:	dothrakiwip.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	346098Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manderlywip.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	346099

I'll try and do the Tarly troops next I think, Tyrell has few units
    Cool - about the Dothraki: It would be a good idea to give them long beards as otherwise they are failed Dothraki - the longer the beard the better the Dothraki warrior.

- The Havamal

Very cool new units, may i suggest making these Manderly men at arms into mounted knights? because house Manderly is one of the few houses in the north which has knights due following the faith of the seven instead of the old gods...also just a small correction to what Mr_Nygren said, dothraki warriors have long hair breads not long beards necessary, the longer the hair bread the better the warrior, yeah i'm fun at parties...

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    Very cool new units, may i suggest making these Manderly men at arms into mounted knights? because house Manderly is one of the few houses in the north which has knights due following the faith of the seven instead of the old gods...also just a small correction to what Mr_Nygren said, dothraki warriors have long hair breads not long beards necessary, the longer the hair bread the better the warrior, yeah i'm fun at parties...
    Not in the TV-show - i am 100% sure it was the beards - if it is still uncut they have never been defeated before.

- The Havamal