Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.7 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    What happened to collaboration with Para and Soul for World of Ice and Fire?
    It will still happen, but i didn't do all that work just to abandon it - i just thought i couldn't get past the CTD and so decided to move on. But i tried again at fixing the slightly older 4.7 and completing it. It required some additional work.

I still have 4.8 complete where it not for an unfinished EDB and portraits that i could easily copy from 4.7 - i just need to fix the CTD there too.

It adds alot of minor houses units - plus animations from Warhammer for Dragons and stuff.

I will probably start implementing units to ADOS monday.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.7 and future versions!

Will the recruitment system be the same in ADOS as it is in got 4.7?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    Will the recruitment system be the same in ADOS as it is in got 4.7?
    I don't think so no.

I will only do the implementing of units, Vltima has created and will continue to create models i believe - Parafix will do all the coding in ADOS and that means he'll do the balancing and recruitment. Thank god, because i am getting tired doing that kinda stuff. Not to say i ain't tired of implementing units too !

SGI is creating the map.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Whenever I attempt to begin the extraction process using winwar I get a message saying "Unsupported archive format" and "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged."
    Any ideas on what is going on with mine?

I have the same problem

I'm not able to unpack the archive either.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Same here

I eventually got it to work. I did two things.
    1. Downloaded a newer version of winwar
    2. Opened winwar and selected the download file to extract from the program rather that selecting the file first.

It could have been both or either that did the trick.

I had the same problem as above but i used 7zip then it worked. Ive also noticed a lot of bugs. Don't know it its something ive done wrong but ill list them.
    Lots of the reach units have no skins and unit cards
    Umber swordsmen have blackwood swordsmen skin.
    Bolton long bowmen are invisible unless you zoom right in on them.
    There are others but i can't rember all of them but its mainly units missing skins. Are other people experiencing these?

Hello, there will be updates till 5.0 final version as I learn from moddb. If only next updates become save-game compatible, so i don't want to start a new campaign.

Winds of Winter being edited?

Quote Originally Posted by Biz613 View Post
    I eventually got it to work. I did two things.
    1. Downloaded a newer version of winwar
    2. Opened winwar and selected the download file to extract from the program rather that selecting the file first.

It could have been both or either that did the trick.
    Yes, this is how you extract files.

- The Havamal

I had the same problem as above but i used 7zip then it worked. Ive also noticed a lot of bugs. Don't know it its something ive done wrong but ill list them.
    Lots of the reach units have no skins and unit cards
    Umber swordsmen have blackwood swordsmen skin.
    Bolton long bowmen are invisible unless you zoom right in on them.
    There are others but i can't rember all of them but its mainly units missing skins. Are other people experiencing these?
    Something is off with how you "installed it" - or you have an outdated computer.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by serkan86 View Post
    Hello, there will be updates till 5.0 final version as I learn from moddb. If only next updates become save-game compatible, so i don't want to start a new campaign.
    No update is save-game compatible when you add units.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by daniel180995 View Post
    Winds of Winter being edited?
    That's up to user Clint Eastwood - it's his sub-submod.

I know for certain that i won't work on more projects, but i am gonna implement units to Para/SGI:s A Dream of Spring-project - joining them in creating the best mod - we'd get a huge map and stability. Two things lacking in GoT..

- The Havamal

I've got some very good news for you guys!

4.8 hasn't crashed a single time for 101 turns for all factions but one, and it only did crash for one of the factions once in 101 turns, but i could load it up and continue after starting a quickbattle and exiting.

Basically, 4.8 has the full basic rosters of alot of minor houses implemented and only the EDB remains to be done. It also has the complete new basic rosters of old main factions - minus the basic Dorne roster that i never got.

Minor houses such as Mooton, Blackwood, Bracken, Florent, Crakehall and Marbrand gets alot of units. They are part of House Tully, Lannister, Tyrell and Stannis amongst others.

Also, 4.9 would just be some replacements for Tyrells and Boltons as well as some additional minor houses for House Renly and Tyrell i believe - as well as more Stark mionor house units. Plus additional House Frey units!

- I will update this 4.8 with all the extra-content of 4.7 that i haven't added to 4.8 yet - such as the EDB, Wildling rebels and new pictures. Then i'll just have to include the aditional 4.8 content to the EDB as well.

Will be done easily today - 4.9 content will need to be implemented and it's 300mb worth of content. But we'll see if i can get it done also today! Then i will update the download and the article!

Another guy was gonna fix the balance and recruitment so that it will get properly done. Together with his update i believe 5.0 only has missing portraits and raw-materials left. Raw-material that can be used to create more Targaryens, Wildlings, Dothraki, Nights Watch and Minor House-units.

But i am willing to put the portraits and raw-materials on hold - releasing a combined 4.8 and 4.9 before tomorrow morning. That's my goal - 5.0 can wait.

If we are lucky a third guy will create a custom settlement of Winterfel based on the show, and he said this would take two weeks. He said tis two days ago i believe - we'll see if he meant it.

I'd need to start implementing units to ADOS tomorrow, so that's why i will put finishing touches of 5.0 on hold. I believe 4.8 is more stable than 4.7. But you'll still need to start a quickbattle or custom battle before entering the campaign. After this is done you won't need to do this again very often, as i believe the game CTD less.

I haven't tested out custom battles yet if they are more stable or not.

Pictures of my testing for the last five to six hours:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-08-13 05-22-26-998.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-13 05-42-34-218.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-13 06-39-38-929.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-13 07-08-20-269.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-13 10-18-24-496.jpg  

kingdoms 2017-08-13 09-59-53-076.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-13 09-31-41-636.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-13 09-09-47-391.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-13 08-38-54-043.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-13 07-26-04-641.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 13, 2017 at 03:49 AM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Something is off with how you "installed it" - or you have an outdated computer.
    By computer do you mean extraction software. I'll try an updated version of winrar.

By computer do you mean extraction software. I'll try an updated version of winrar.
    I meant your computer must suck if it can't show the units correctly.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I meant your computer must suck if it can't show the units correctly.
    Haha. nah my computer is powerful enough. Its 8gb ram. 3.5 gz processor and 4gb gtx670 graphics card. Its just the Bolton longboman that are invisible. And alot of units are silver surfers. The 4.6 version was fine but somehow the extractions gone wrong, download corrupted or its just bugged.

Haha. nah my computer is powerful enough. Its 8gb ram. 3.5 gz processor and 4gb gtx670 graphics card. Its just the Bolton longboman that are invisible. And alot of units are silver surfers. The 4.6 version was fine but somehow the extractions gone wrong, download corrupted or its just bugged.
    Could be the LOD-levels as for "silver surfers" - try zooming in and see if it disappears. You can't zoom out too much.

Yes, the Bolton Longbowmen have a bug. I guess i have a fix to it in the 4.9 files.

- The Havamal