Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Filip Deer View Post
    Technical Issue with GoT mod

Hello, I need help, I downloaded the mod (Newest version of GoT Enhanced) and installed it as every other mod for my steam version of M2: Kingdoms, extracted it and renamed it after the other Kingdom campaign. After that, I tried to run the game but after a second of loading screen it crashed with error - "Medieval 2 total war has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit".

I reinstalled the game but nothing has changed (Even re-downloaded the mod).

I am normally playing other mods like Third Age with MOS sub-mod too so I don't know what's causing the crash, I tried to google it but nothing helpful came up so here I am. I tried also edit .bat file and start it directly but the same error showed up. I tried 4.7 version and that version works absolutely fine so I am very confused but as I found out I am not alone who has this problem yet solution is nowhere to found. I've tried literally everything.

I think I maybe missed something in instructions of installing but I think I have everything right and really don't know what's causing the problem. I typed already on moddb site and on Steam community but no solution was found so far.
    I am open to any form of help to fix this issue but I practically lost any hope of playing this mod until some patch which will fix this strange problem.

Best regards,
    Filip Deer
    I can see no reason why 4.7 would work and not 4.9.

Remember to not install any old Westeros mod before GoT 4.9 - as it's stand-alone.

As for Steam, i have no clues.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Filip Deer View Post
    Technical Issue with GoT mod

Hello, I need help, I downloaded the mod (Newest version of GoT Enhanced) and installed it as every other mod for my steam version of M2: Kingdoms, extracted it and renamed it after the other Kingdom campaign. After that, I tried to run the game but after a second of loading screen it crashed with error - "Medieval 2 total war has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit".

I am normally playing other mods like Third Age with MOS sub-mod too so I don't know what's causing the crash, I tried to google it but nothing helpful came up so here I am. I tried also edit .bat file and start it directly but the same error showed up. I tried 4.7 version and that version works absolutely fine so I am very confused but as I found out I am not alone who has this problem yet solution is nowhere to found. I've tried literally everything.

I think I maybe missed something in instructions of installing but I think I have everything right and really don't know what's causing the problem. I typed already on moddb site and on Steam community but no solution was found so far.
    I am open to any form of help to fix this issue but I practically lost any hope of playing this mod until some patch which will fix this strange problem.

Best regards,
    Filip Deer
    For Steam users:

1. Download 4.9
    2. Extract it using 7ZIP (this is IMO the best unzipper).
    3. Drag the unzipped map which is called GoT_Enhanced to your mod file in steam/steamapps/medieval2/mods
    4. Go to steam and right click your game in your library and click on the option properties.
    5. Go to start up settings and add this line exactly:
    --features.mod=mods/GoT_Enhanced

6. Start up Medieval 2, choosing the Medieval 2 option.
    7. Have fun.

If you want to play another mod, cut "GoT_Enhanced" in the start-up line and copy paste the name of another mod.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kurmanji View Post
    For Steam users:

1. Download 4.9
    3. Drag the unzipped map which is called GoT_Enhanced to your mod file in steam/steamapps/medieval2/mods
    4. Go to steam and right click your game in your library and click on the option properties.

7. Have fun.

If you want to play another mod, cut "GoT_Enhanced" in the start-up line and copy paste the name of another mod.
    Your method completely ignores the mod's CFG file and, as you noticed, limits the player to just one mod at a time. Simply use this method after creating a desktop shortcut to the mod's BAT file: Creating a World - Starting Steam mods the easy way - this effectively let's Steam users play the mod just like disk version players, making it easy for bug hunting.

When is the team going to start using installers for the mod to avoid the over complication of unzipping and creating shortcuts for the casual user?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    To make it mac-compatible some work is required and i don't have time.
    Provided you have Java installed it's a two minute thing: Creating a World – Java Script for lower case Conversion, the same forum contains an article about handling custom settlements - that one is a bit of a bummer as it can only be done by the Mac user.

Edit: the log shows a high number of missing ownership for recruitable units - best get that sorted out, example:
    18:26:07.804 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/GoT_Enhanced/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 54, column 172
    unit(Blackwood Spearmen) does not match up to the ownership for faction(portugal)
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 27, 2017 at 08:41 AM.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I can see no reason why 4.7 would work and not 4.9.

Remember to not install any old Westeros mod before GoT 4.9 - as it's stand-alone.

As for Steam, i have no clues.

Okay, it's actually working now! Thanks for the help. I completely uninstalled Medieval 2 + Kingdoms and installed it again on a completely different disk. After that, I created the copy of Medieval2.exe and renamed it to Kingdoms.exe (By steam tutorial from Gigantus) and extracted mod to mods folder and run it by .bat. Besides that, I also did that thing with Win7 compatibility and administrator rights and it's working now! It's really strange because I did everything right Again thanks for the help and I hope it will get working of others with this problem too soon.

Blog Entries

Default The Game of Thrones Starter

What it does:

• Installs a Steam compatible BAT file
    • Installs an upgraded CFG file
    • Installs a new, properly formatted Icon
    • Provides a desktop short cut

The complete install procedure for disk AND steam:
    1. Download the mod from ModDB
    2. Unzip the downloaded RAR file (7Zip is freeware)
    3. Move the unpacked GoT_Enhanced folder into the Medieval 2 Total War\mods folder
    4. Download and run the Games of Thrones Starter
    5. Start the game with the desktop short cut

Note:
    Make sure the installer points to the Medieval 2 Total War directory. If you install into the wrong directory you will get this message, run the installer again:

Last edited by Gigantus; August 27, 2017 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Your method completely ignores the mod's CFG file and, as you noticed, limits the player to just one mod at a time. Simply use this method after creating a desktop shortcut to the mod's BAT file: Creating a World - Starting Steam mods the easy way - this effectively let's Steam users play the mod just like disk version players, making it easy for bug hunting.

When is the team going to start using installers for the mod to avoid the over complication of unzipping and creating shortcuts for the casual user?

Provided you have Java installed it's a two minute thing: Creating a World – Java Script for lower case Conversion, the same forum contains an article about handling custom settlements - that one is a bit of a bummer as it can only be done by the Mac user.

Edit: the log shows a high number of missing ownership for recruitable units - best get that sorted out, example:
    18:26:07.804 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/GoT_Enhanced/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 54, column 172
    unit(Blackwood Spearmen) does not match up to the ownership for faction(portugal)

Ah I wasn't aware of that but it does work for me on every mod.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

It does work - it's just unnecessary to go through it for every mod if you simply do (once) the copy\rename method for the executable.

The alternate method, which mod developers should use by now, is the universal BAT file which is in my Starter - nothing at all is required to be done by the Steam user then.

Opening page has been updated with the installer of GoT:TW: Enhanced by Gigantus.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Mod looks awesome but I am having trouble opening the .rar file. I have Winzip and Unarchiver and both seem to be unable to opening the file. I am trying to do this on a mac but plenty of other GOT total war mods work already and all of them were originally .rars opened with either Winzip or Unarchiver. Just looking for any advice whatsoever, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by toolbox625 View Post
    Mod looks awesome but I am having trouble opening the .rar file. I have Winzip and Unarchiver and both seem to be unable to opening the file. I am trying to do this on a mac but plenty of other GOT total war mods work already and all of them were originally .rars opened with either Winzip or Unarchiver. Just looking for any advice whatsoever, thanks!
    Install WinRar - then doubleclick on the downloaded file and manually drag it out of the rarfile.

If you fail with this simple task i can't help you.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post

Best modders
    I have the same problem as Filip Deer. I did what he did (used your starter and the mod managing thing) but still i don't get further than a 1 second pic of the lannister army and then it crashes.
    If someone could please help me?

thank you
    LaurijsT

Hey guy's

I'm having the same problem as filip but i the solutions you give don't fix it either. Could you please help me? I would love to play the game.

thanks
    LaurijsT

Best regards,
    Filip Deer

this was his problem.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurijsT View Post

Best regards,
    Filip Deer

this was his problem.
    You can do 2 things:

This is what I ussualy do...

1. Download 4.9

7. Have fun.

Or download the installer of Gigantus in the first post.

I hope that helps!

Yeah i know what you can do to play the mod but i already did this. the launcher and your first solution both don't work.

please can someone help me.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurijsT View Post
    Yeah i know what you can do to play the mod but i already did this. the launcher and your first solution both don't work.

please can someone help me.

Have you checked if you have a map in a map?

So in this case:

medieval2/mods/GoT_enhanced/GoT_Enhanced

This causes games to crash and plenty of people sometimes forget to check that.
    It should be:

medieval2/mods/GoT_Enhanced

That way my method always works!

I hope that helps.

Hi guys,
    I've some problems with my GoT mod, the game crash when i want to go in Options of the first menu (indeed i've an other graphics crash) and also crash when i scroll the cities during the game. The crash is so heavy that i've to turn off my laptop.
    Could you help me please ? Thx you so much

Blog Entries

I messed a bit with the menu video and now it works. I don't now what i did but it works. This is one of the best mods ever made.

Thanks for helping me!

Blog Entries

If you set the movie option in the CFG file (from my launcher - configuration.cfg) to zero then no menu video will play at all. Nor will faction movies - which should solve your problem.