Page 1 of 78 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

SUBMOD FOR WESTEROS TOTAL WAR BETA

This mod will be set in the time of the petty Andal and First-men kings of Westeros. Over 1000 years before Aegon the Conqueror's Landing.
    You'll have:
    - The last First-men King of the Riverlands fighting a desperate battle versus the surrounding Andal Kingdoms. The King of River and Hills is desperately fighting to keep his faith, his customs and his people alive.
    - The Boltons and Starks fighting over dominion of the North.
    - Yronwood, Dayne and Martell battling over Dorne.
    - House Hoare leading a Golden age of the Ironborn, the ironmen could rightfully claim that "wherever men can smell salt water or hear the crash of waves," his writ ran.
    - The Lannisters, Stormkings and Gardeners expanding everywhere as they are trying to become the most powerful kingdom of the continent.

This can only mean one thing, TOTAL WAR in Westeros!

This is the first complete overhaul submod for Westeros Total War.
    It uses its own mod folder and is completely self sustainable, you can use it next to the normal beta and the enhanced submod. It uses the previous enhanced version as a base and has all the improvements which that version made.
    We'll remake this mod when the 1.0 version of Westeros Total War is released.

FACTIONS:
    House Lannister, the Kingdom of the Rock
    House Mudd, the Kingdom of Rivers and Hills
    House Hoare, the Kingdom of the Iron Isles
    House Durrandon/Stormkings, the Kingdom of the Stormlands
    House Bolton, the Kingdom of the Dreadfort
    House Gardener, the Kingdom of the Reach
    House Stark, the Kingdom of the North
    House Martell, the Kingdom of Dorne
    House Yronwood, the Kingdom of the Dornish Mountains
    House Arryn, the Kingdom of the Mountain and the Vale

Video of the factions made by Soul:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Faction selection:

FEATURES:
    - 5 completely new factions
    - All other factions have had a complete overhaul (new generals, skins, regions etc)
    - New regions such as Oldstones, Castamere and Ram's Gate
    - New ancillaries
    - New traits
    - Unique strat models
    - Completely reskinned units for all factions
    - New UIs
    - Much more!

SCREENSHOTS:
    House Hoare:

House Martell:

Arryn unit:

Some Bolton units:

House Yronwood:

New First-Men campaign interface

Downloadlinks:
    Gamefront:
    KingofRiversandHills
    Mega:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!V8swTDbb!E1_YtV...OOSKuRfDjeHgsI

Requires Kingdoms 1.5! May work on 1.4 but this is not advised.

Patch:

Patch

Complete download with patch by Macrath: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6U...pJcTl4cG8/view

Installation:
    1. Download the file
    2. Extract with a program like winrar or 7Zip to Medieval Totalwar II/mods
    3. Click the KingofRiverandHills.bat file in Medieval Total War II/mods/KingofRiverandHills to play.
    4. Download the Patch and extract the data folder in Medieval Total War II/mods/KingofRiverandHills. Click yes to overwrite.
    Video, made by one of the fans:

For Steam users:
    Use this tutorial by Gigantus:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410461
    also this link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=353922

And this has also been reported to work:
    By What is Dead may Never Die
    Ok i've fixed it, so if you're a steam user you need to edit the batch file.

For steam a possible fix:

Original:

"cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\KingofRiverandHills\KingofRiverandHills.cfg"

Mine:

"cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\british_isles\KingofRiverandHills.cfg"

Sub british_isles for whatever one you're using.

Solutions to bugs:
    • Most problems can be fixed by deleting all strings files in Medieval TotalwarII/mods/KingofRiversandHills/data/text.
    • Read this thread, Virtual Store and UAC problems on windows 7 and vista. The things in this thread could fix your issue.*
    • If you have a foreign language version of Medieval Totalwar II and you are experiencing problems when you're trying to start the campaign it is advised to copy the entire sound folder from Medieval total war II (in data) and paste it in the data folder of KingofRiverandHills folder, yes to overwrite. This should fix the issues.

Team:
    Dux: leader, coder, mapper and scripter
    Prophet1331: skinner
    Noobas: 2d
    Kiliç Alì: scripter
    ariobarzanes1388: Skinner
    kiwibloke: coder and tester
    Luke: writer and researcher
    Hermod: unit card creator
    jacb547: researcher and beta tester
    antoniusz: beta tester
    Skizbot: beta tester

You want to help?

We could use:
    1... modeller, to also start revamping some units here and there
    ---> we were thinking of using some open resourse mods, as base (like the great Rusichi) so that we could start by
    -cutting plate elements, in order to enfatize the ancient setting
    -maybe adding some "epic" attachments (like horns or other stuff), in order to enfatize the legendary feel
    We are not asking anyone to create whole new units, just some tiny bits here and there to make units more unique and give them an ancient feel.
    Of course, we'll always welcome anyone who wants to create whole new units.
    2...obviously, more scripters, mappers n coders are always welcome too !

Credits:

• Cedric37..... for flag base / faction badges base / menu and loading screens art, base
    • Danova and the The Last Kingdom team, as wells Disgruntled Goat and the 1066 team.... for their strat map ships
    • Montebello..... for the custom portraits
    • Ariobarzanes..... for the reskinned lannister units
    • CptTripz..... for his enhanced submod which we use as a base
    • Lord Condormanius..... for the captain stratmodels, captain battlemodels and the Dismounted Mailed Knights
    • Davide.Cool..... QVINQVIREME ROMANA and KYRENIA MERCHANT SHIP
    • Rusichi Total War development team..... various stratmodels.
    • HannibalExMachina for some battlemodels.
    • Yiu_DJC........for the Dismounted Guard model and unit cards.
    • Westeros total war beta team..... for creating the beta.
    • GrnEyedDvl..... for his college on the Modding basics in the Total war University.
    • George RR Martin..... for his story.

Fan stuff:
    Last edited by Dux; July 09, 2015 at 02:58 AM.

Default Re: [Submod ideas]The King of River and Hills

Baratheons took sigil, lands and words from Stormking. Does Baratheon last name even belong to them or they took it from them as well? Because Orys was bastard brother of Aegon and Baratheon doesn't sound like Valyrian name.

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

They took the last name
    I also think we should put the crowlands as rebels and the Targaryens as the Lords of Dragonstone, it could be good to substitute the Mudd family should there be no heir, also what about events such as the Greystark rebellion?I can come up with some names if you guys want
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by jacb547 View Post
    They took the last name
    I also think we should put the crowlands as rebels and the Targaryens as the Lords of Dragonstone, it could be good to substitute the Mudd family should there be no heir, also what about events such as the Greystark rebellion?I can come up with some names if you guys want
    Maybe a script if the new ruler of the Stark faction has weak authority and a brother or another relative, the relative joins the Bolton faction with some units

What is the faction limit for the game? I heard it mentioned once or twice in other topics.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Gaming Emeritus

The Greystarks were supporters of the Boltons and ruled the Wolf's Den (now Whiteharbor). I think we should add them to Bolton territory.

I'm pretty sure Baratheon was the name of the bastard and not the original name of the Stormkings, Gurkhal mentioned Veb as last name of the Stormking but I have no idea where he got that from.

What do you guys think of House Hightower and House Dayne as kings?

I don't know the factionlimit but I do know it is not reached with 12 factions.
    Last edited by Dux; March 03, 2012 at 08:27 AM.

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    The Greystarks were supporters of the Boltons and ruled the Wolf's Den (now Whiteharbor). I think we should add them to Bolton territory.

I'm pretty sure Baratheon was the name of the bastard and not the original name of the Stormkings, Gurkhal mentioned Veb as last name of the Stormking but I have no idea where he got that from.

What do you guys think of House Hightower and House Dayne as kings?

House Hightower was king, Dayne I dont know
    limit is 30 i think(dominion of the sword has more)
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."

I think House Dayne should be minor under Yronwood control.

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Well you could either make many factions, but not all having bannermen or that could claim a kingship (You'll end up with kings everywhere, which would be similar to the age of kings but would require a lot of work and creativity, "king of the... something")

Or have several factions (Kingdom of the Marches, Dorne etc), each with their own bannermen (and because the factions aren't named Stark/Lannister/Arryn it wouldn't look weird if your Arryns all die and the Kings of the Vale are Corbrays or something).
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    Or have several factions (Kingdom of the Marches, Dorne etc), each with their own bannermen (and because the factions aren't named Stark/Lannister/Arryn it wouldn't look weird if your Arryns all die and the Kings of the Vale are Corbrays or something).
    Well, the main mod also suffers from that problem. But perhaps we could indeed name the factions after the specific Kingdoms to prevent these things from happening. This also brings problems tough, E.G what would be the name of the Kingdom of House Bolton?

I edited the op with possible faction leaders, in some cases it are the only kings mentioned before the conquest and not really from this time period (Mors Martell). The other houses have no mentioned leaders before the conquest, so we have to come up with names.
    Last edited by Dux; March 03, 2012 at 09:48 AM.

the more factions you have, the slower the game progression (Hello! Stainless Steel!)

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    the more factions you have, the slower the game progression (Hello! Stainless Steel!)
    Isn't the speed perportional to the settlements each faction has? In other words, is there a difference between 30 factions that have 2 settlements each and 30 factions with 7-10 settlements each?

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

Default Re: [Submod ideas]The King of Rivers and Hills

Not sure if im the only one who caught this but the crown wasnt added to the Barantheon sigil till Robert became king. So it would just be a Stag on a golden field.

Quote Originally Posted by MagUidir View Post
    Not sure if im the only one who caught this but the crown wasnt added to the Barantheon sigil till Robert became king. So it would just be a Stag on a golden field.
    Stormking was King

yes.... he was but good sir the crown was added to the Barantheon coat of arms when Robert usurped the Iron Throne.

great ! best of wishes for this..can't wait to play it

does anyone know, how complicated it would be to actually make such a submod into an optional campaign ? (instead of just overwriting teh main game?)
    you know, like the Fellowship Campaign in the TA

I assume it would be almost like creating a whole new mod...

I assume it would be almost like creating a whole new mod...
    you assume that based on what ?

i just think that such a cool "sub" mod, like for example also "war of the usurper" would be awesome as optional campaigns, or even expansions, so that one can easily play em all without having to either make multiple installations of teh main mod or just play one at a time..

not really sure how/if it's doable though..so can someone confirm/reject this based on evidence and not assumptions ?
    (no offence MagUdir..)

it is perfectly do-able, just check Battle Axe mod, they have like 6 or 7 campaigns, basically each acts as a separate mod but they all use the same files but they use different world files.
    so yes it is totally possible to have multiple campaigns with even different maps in the same mod with no text work but as i remember it Battle Axe was kind of buggy in the menu. god forbid you stayed in the menu too long or clicked too many things...

as for Robert's Rebellion submod/sub campaign. that is very easy to do actually. i think when 1.0 is released with the help of Edric i can make this campaign in less than a week. of course if you want scripts and events it would take much longer than hat

and no i will not say how it can be done in such a short amount of time, people who mod should probably already guess the answer and i don't like spoiling surprises

Gaming Emeritus

yes.... he was but good sir the crown was added to the Barantheon coat of arms when Robert usurped the Iron Throne.
    You are right, but it is plausible that the crown was also removed from the sigil of the Stormkings when the first Baratheon took it. I say we keep the crown, they are Kings after all.

Thank you for your support Noobas, about those different campaigns, I guess it could work. But this will just be a separate submod I think, we'll see what happens.

We need ideas about the last name of the Stormkings.
    Shall we keep Baratheon? or do we use Veb (Gurkhal mentioned it in an other thread but I still have no idea where we got that from), or another house of the Stormlands, or are we going to make up a name?

We also need names for the factionleaders of the houses Bolton, Stormkings, Yronwood and optional Dayne and Hightower.

House Lannister was named after Lann the Clever. The first storm king was King Durran. I think it would be appropriate to name the Stormalnds faction after him rather than keeping the Baratheon name.

Page 1 of 78 12345678910112651 ... LastLast