Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    Whenever I do stuff with animations it goes badly, if anyone knew how to get the animated bowstrings in that would really help. As long as the animation/skeleton files were in the right places and one unit was rigged I could use that as a base for the rest
    Where did you get the animations you are trying to implement?

I have added such animations for other mods, and could implement one of the units from WotN that is already rigged with those animations.

I have no skills in riging models though.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Where did you get the animations you are trying to implement?

I have added such animations for other mods, and could implement one of the units from WotN that is already rigged with those animations.

I have no skills in riging models though.
    Any model with animated bowstrings would do, I used the Western Units Overhaul as a base so one of those archers would be my best bet. If you can implement the animations (try putting one of those archers in the mod to see if it works) I can rig the GoT models to the skeletons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	martellhouseholdtroops.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	346448

Finally got around to making proper Martell troops

Name:	tyrellelite.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	370.3 KB 
ID:	346449Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boltonpavise.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	326.3 KB 
ID:	346450
    New Tyrell armor is in, also redid the Boloton pavises to look more like the show (did the first one from memory with no reference)
    Winter is Coming

Any model with animated bowstrings would do, I used the Western Units Overhaul as a base so one of those archers would be my best bet. If you can implement the animations (try putting one of those archers in the mod to see if it works) I can rig the GoT models to the skeletons.

Name:	martellhouseholdtroops.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	346448

Finally got around to making proper Martell troops

Name:	tyrellelite.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	370.3 KB 
ID:	346449Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boltonpavise.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	326.3 KB 
ID:	346450
    New Tyrell armor is in, also redid the Boloton pavises to look more like the show (did the first one from memory with no reference)
    I could add the one from WotN as i don't have access to the Western Overhaul Units.

As for those new units here are my thoughts:

Martells - Could possibly use more of a spaniard face? Otherwise they look much better now.

Tyrell - Looks a little odd - is it the same model you previewed before? The shoulderpads doesn't look right in connection with the armour. But that's just my observation - one could also think the helmet is a little too weird.

Maybe it's the picture though.

The Bolton Heavy Spearmen and the shield looks better in my opinion - especially the shield.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Name:	martellspear.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	373.1 KB 
ID:	346452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	martellglaive.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	351.8 KB 
ID:	346453
    Martell units ingame

Unit wise I think we are getting close to the next version being ready, there's some polishing left like the bowstrings and it definitely needs balancing. Having a new map would be great too. But it's getting there.
    Last edited by VltimaRatio; June 23, 2017 at 01:48 PM.
    Winter is Coming

Epic! I think that the models of yours are just brilliant mate, your work don't stop surprising us! We all wish the best for the new update, even though i don't really undestand this: Who or what determines whether it will be a new map?
    Who determines whether there will be a new map?Who determines whether there will be a new map?

Hello guys, any news on acquiring a new map?

Name:	martellspear.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	373.1 KB 
ID:	346452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	martellglaive.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	351.8 KB 
ID:	346453
    Martell units ingame

Unit wise I think we are getting close to the next version being ready, there's some polishing left like the bowstrings and it definitely needs balancing. Having a new map would be great too. But it's getting there.

I must certainly have been wrong about that Tyrell Elite unit. It just looked odd from that angle and in the picture - looking at it again i thought it looked better.

Those Martells are marvellous - good job on those!

I'll add the units and then implement the animations so that you can add those bowstrings to the bowmen in the game.

When it concerns the map i will backup my version of the mod when everything is ready and try to add a new map - but alot of files needs to be copied over and the problem is they don't have the same text in them. But i'll try it and see if it goes well or not.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 24, 2017 at 01:10 AM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SundayLover View Post
    Epic! I think that the models of yours are just brilliant mate, your work don't stop surprising us! We all wish the best for the new update, even though i don't really undestand this: Who or what determines whether it will be a new map?
    Who determines whether there will be a new map?Who determines whether there will be a new map?
    Well, first of all we need permission to use a new map from the creators of the maps in other mods - as we don't want to create a map ourselves.

Secondly the map needs to be implemented into the mod, and neither of us have done that process before - which means we don't know how to do it. I have been looking it up though but it isn't as easy as swaping a file or two - all the text-files needs to be swaped as well which will be problematic as this mod has custom models and things.

One will need to use Total Commander and add everything from the text-files to the new text-files and hope that it works.

The other alternative is to port this mod to another mod - but that would be even more time-consuming and require more work. Even though that is pretty easy - but would require someone to port all the factions and replace all the units in the mod to be used etc.

We have chosen to move a new map to this mod instead, but it could be hard and if we fail we will keep the old map for the next release.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 24, 2017 at 01:12 AM.

- The Havamal

The new Northern Swordsmen still looks glitched with their attachmentset using the new northern-textures that you sent me - and they have the same texture in use as the upg1 and upg2.

Those upgrades look as they should though which is really weird.

Edit:

I think the shields are different for the first level of Northern Swordsmen and that the textures doesn't fit on the shields.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-06-23 15-31-35-926.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-23 15-37-02-277.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-23 15-34-48-351.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 24, 2017 at 01:53 AM.

- The Havamal

The new Northern Swordsmen still looks glitched with their attachmentset using the new northern-textures that you sent me - and they have the same texture in use as the upg1 and upg2.

Those upgrades look as they should though which is really weird.

Edit:

I think the shields are different for the first level of Northern Swordsmen and that the textures doesn't fit on the shields.
    Looks like the shields are set to Figure not Attachments, I'll fix it in ms3d easily
    Winter is Coming

Looks like the shields are set to Figure not Attachments, I'll fix it in ms3d easily
    I have fixed them already - i removed the attachmentsets from the first variation, and removed the body from the upg1 - then i merged the ones from the upg1 with the body of the first level and it worked fine:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-06-24 09-32-02-825.jpg  

- The Havamal

The new Stark textures creates this glitch on some of the helmets:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-06-24 11-35-37-294.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-24 11-35-26-776.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-24 11-35-22-249.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-24 11-35-18-015.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-24 11-35-09-485.jpg  

kingdoms 2017-06-24 11-35-05-223.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-24 11-34-53-337.jpg  

- The Havamal

For now it's best to use the old attachments for the starks (as opposed to northern units), I moved stuff around on the uv map but I'll fix that later
    Winter is Coming

For now it's best to use the old attachments for the starks (as opposed to northern units), I moved stuff around on the uv map but I'll fix that later
    Yep, i'll just need to switch them back then.

- The Havamal

Good luck with the new map, i hope everything works out and the next release is on the new map, cause it's a shame that a mod with that amount of work and detail uses an old and incomplete map. Also quick question, have you created any bannermen units for the Lannisters aside from the main Lannister roster? something like Hornvale Knights, Sarsfield archers or Crakehall heavy infantry.

Only the Cleganes so far, you don't see many of their bannermen in the show. Could make something up but I think expanding the other rosters is a bigger priority for this version
    Winter is Coming

Only the Cleganes so far, you don't see many of their bannermen in the show. Could make something up but I think expanding the other rosters is a bigger priority for this version

Well to be fair we haven't seen any Blackwoods, Brackens, Yronwoods or even Manderlys in the show and yet they have their own units, especially house Manderly has an entire roster. Many houses have bannermen units in the mod. The Starks have Manderlys-Umbers , Tullys have Bracken-Blackwoods and some other houses have bannermen units also aside from the Baratheons ( all three factions) , Lannisters, and Arryns which have no bannermen units.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    Well to be fair we haven't seen any Blackwoods, Brackens, Yronwoods or even Manderlys in the show and yet they have their own units, especially house Manderly has an entire roster. Many houses have bannermen units in the mod. The Starks have Manderlys-Umbers , Tullys have Bracken-Blackwoods and some other houses have bannermen units also aside from the Baratheons ( all three factions) , Lannisters, and Arryns which have no bannermen units.
    Well, obviously they will be made in time. You can't have everything at the same time.

- The Havamal

Well, obviously they will be made in time. You can't have everything at the same time.
    Of course mate, you know your job better than i do, obviously, i just suggested something out of been one of this mod's biggest fans and supporters but i believe you already know that.

Many of those houses were seen, but only briefly. Lord Manderly had a tan quilted gambison armor with a dark metal gorget (neck thing) with a merman on it, so that's how I did the Manderlys. The guy walking with Catelyn in the northern camp with the big shoulder things is apparently a Bracken (I think someone looked up what the actor was credited as, no one ever says it). In the same way apparently it's Lord Blackwood at the funeral with the square and metal disk armor.

For the Lannisters I think you get a glimpse of some different armors when the lords sit around and talk strategy but there's less to go on. I'll go back to those scenes some time and look closer some time probably...

Lord Royce's armor was easier to base something on though, also redid the Arryn knights as they look in season 6. The generic southerners are also redone so the Arryn faction is completely redone since 4.5

Name:	vale.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	536.2 KB 
ID:	346474
    Winter is Coming