Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Search Westeros on Google. Cannot help you more because of the ban.

I don't know how to resize models, that's something modellers do - i wasn't the unit modeller of this mod.

I don't know much about MAC:s - but not every mod works on a mac.

What is the exact name of this mod ? Just "Westeros" ?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by ragmarock View Post
    What is the exact name of this mod ? Just "Westeros" ?
    Here is an older thread by me.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...able-as-a-base
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9.

Is there a particular stability problem in a siege battle of Storms end or will CTDs happen in every larger battle? Its quite unplayable, even with 3rd party's program extending memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    Is there a particular stability problem in a siege battle of Storms end or will CTDs happen in every larger battle? Its quite unplayable, even with 3rd party's program extending memory.
    CTD will happen randomly due to the Westeros Alpha bugs.

I don't know about specifics.

I can tell you that i managed to play over 100 turns with all factions autoresolving. But i haven't really tried it fighting battles.

I know the Boltons worked well for over 40 turns fighting battles though - and some Youtubers have played a lot of Stannis, Stark and Bolton without that much trouble.

Some factions are less stable than others.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Anyone knows where can i find the generals models, like previes. And if in the future there will be unique banners like in the total war westeros 1.0 where every general looks the same on the map but with there sigil

“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey . . .”

- Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect 2

Quote Originally Posted by LegionKarta View Post
    Anyone knows where can i find the generals models, like previes. And if in the future there will be unique banners like in the total war westeros 1.0 where every general looks the same on the map but with there sigil
    Robb Stark is in the mod, and Daenarys Targaryen as well - the others were never finished.

I do believe that VltimaRatio had a finished Jaime Lannister and a finished Theon Greyjoy - but he never sent me those.

Then we have two almost finished hero models of Stannis Baratheon and Roose Bolton. But they need to be finished in MS3D as they weren't riged yet, but the models are done and the riging halfdone or just begun.

Besides those i believe there is a Mountain-model in the mod but i may be wrong. At least the bodyguard is in it. I do also have the files for Tywin, Tyrion, Jon and maybe someone else - but they all lack faces of the characters and only has their bodies.

Roose and Stannis are the closest to ready and they just need to be finished. Jaime and Theon were ready as i recall, but Vltima needs to send them.

- The Havamal

Bantu Chieftain, modeller of most of the models in Warcraft Total War, helped me rig Roose Bolton and Stannis Baratheon - i've implemented them both to custom battles.

Unfortunately they do have the crucifixion symptom but he will no doubt fix this issue in time. I am thinking maybe i will update the mod with these two heroes and the missing portraits. I may also add balance to the units - that were left unfinished.

Besides that i don't think i will do more- but there still are a few left-over materials that could be used for some more minor house units. Not sure i have the time to do it though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-12-07 13-27-29-638.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-07 13-27-36-491.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-07 13-27-46-988.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-07 13-27-55-671.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-07 13-33-11-384.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-12-07 13-33-20-129.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-07 13-33-29-445.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-07 13-33-39-645.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-07 14-02-22-760.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-07 14-02-37-295.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 07, 2018 at 07:18 AM.

- The Havamal

Domesticus

Hi!

Will the new units come out?

I've seen screenshots of Bolton bannermen and Glover Spearman!

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Hi!

Will the new units come out?

I've seen screenshots of Bolton bannermen and Glover Spearman!
    I thought you were doing that work. The pictures were from VltimaRatio's computer and i never got them implemented into my version.

I tried to get the heroes of Roose Bolton and Stannis Baratheon to work but they would end up glitched even after help from Bantu Chieftain.

- I could fix the remaining minor faction units as i have the files and have working programs. But i am kinda busy on HyruleTW right now. I do plan to finish the missing unit cards (25) and the units later and will send them to you guys. Maybe i can finish them fast and send them. I have a message on PM from august 2017 by Vltima explaining everything. Just annoying to find it.

Edit: The Bolton Bannermen are already released in the Winds of Winter sub-submod. Just take them from there, i did the work on them with help from a guy.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 06, 2019 at 06:33 AM.

- The Havamal

Domesticus

Ok for the Bolton Bannermen!

I heard that VltimaRatio is back, he is working on the units.

I would like to know what he is working on, I don't want to make units that already created (example: Glover Spearmen).

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Ok for the Bolton Bannermen!

I heard that VltimaRatio is back, he is working on the units.

I would like to know what he is working on, I don't want to make units that already created (example: Glover Spearmen).
    Vltima also remade the Lannisters two times. First he made the old ones that are in the 4.0 version of the GoT submod. Then he remade them in january 2017 and those are in the Winds of Winter sub-submod - i think in some ways they are better than the most recent.

Then he made the most recent ones in the summer of 2017 that are in 4.9 of GoT.

The main difference is that the oldest were in worse quality, the first remake of them were in higher quality with the show-look - and then the second remake added variations so not all units are the same, and they still looked great but had some issues i recall with the belt.

- The Havamal

Atticus-R's Avatar Libertus

Keep up the good work guys! so keen to see this finished.

Hi,
    How I can do the campaign with the Targaryen faction?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Tower99 View Post
    Hi,
    How I can do the campaign with the Targaryen faction?
    Thank you
    First off the released 3.0 version is Peaman's mod so ask him any further questions.

Second, he didn't add the House Targaryen faction to the map so it can't be played in the "War of the Five Kings". I don't know about the other campaigns.

- The Havamal

Default Problem with Mac Steam version crashing

Hi there,

Running on Mac 10.14.3. I downloaded the 4.9 for Mac version, placed the unzipped contents into the /mods folder, renamed it to americas, then attempted to launch Americas from within Steam. It launches very briefly (1 second) and then crashes. Any advice? All other M2TW expansions launch fine.

Default Re: Problem with Mac Steam version crashing

Quote Originally Posted by twquestion View Post
    Hi there,

Running on Mac 10.14.3. I downloaded the 4.9 for Mac version, placed the unzipped contents into the /mods folder, renamed it to americas, then attempted to launch Americas from within Steam. It launches very briefly (1 second) and then crashes. Any advice? All other M2TW expansions launch fine.
    Unfortunately i cannot help at all with MAC.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by twquestion View Post
    Hi there,

You dont need to rename the folder in mac, it will just cause more trouble. Go to advanced in the start up menu, and type "--features.mod=mods/NAME OF THE MOD FOLDER".

Quote Originally Posted by TomSrx View Post
    You dont need to rename the folder in mac, it will just cause more trouble. Go to advanced in the start up menu, and type "--features.mod=mods/NAME OF THE MOD FOLDER".
    This totally worked. Thanks!!

No problem.

How do I play as all factions?