Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.7 and future versions!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.7 and future versions!

A Submod designed to bring the look, the feel, the sounds of
    HBO's
    Game of Thrones series to Westeros: Total War.

Principal Features

~
    (Post 1), introducing new user interfaces, new imagery, and more! ~

~Unitmod (Post 1), new units! ~

~
    (Post 2), the files needed to play Westeros with your TV Series Soundtrack. ~

The Team: (Old & New).

The GoT team for the base submod: Game of Thrones v3.0

~ Inarus - Images, basic graphics, music and Image Research. ~
    ~ Radboud - Faction Symbols, UIs, and All Epic Graphics. ~
    ~ AndariusHaliusScipio - Awesome Audio Clippings ~
    With Particular thanks to...
    ~ Emperor of Hell and Mhaedros ~
    - For sharing their Wisdom in the art of modelling, texturing and much much more than can be listed,
    Without which it would have been impossible for Strat Models to grace this Modification -

Unitmod Current Version: 4.5
    VltimaRatio (unit modeller, all improvements on the models already in the game, creation of all the models, implementation of the models into the game and custom battles/campaign, some work in the EDB, descr_strat and the EDU regarding these new units.)

Mr_Nygren (modder, everything else new basically. New transparant pictures. The work of adding region-specific rebels, capital-specific-rebels, mercs into the EDB, all new pictures not counting the ones Kenzo36 did, new backgrounds, new portraits, the recruitment-system which took alot of time to set-up and fixes of various bugs, silver-surfers and errors.)

Kenzo36 (all the longer unit descriptions in the currently released version (like six maybe), for the "CAV"-texts on a few pictures being cavalry and not infantry, for the Frey non-transparant hero-portraits and for the new unit-info pictures being in the released version for a few units -like the Lannister Swordsmen unit-info pic.)

Installation:

For those of you who already have a working GoT V 4.0 version - i'd say you just need to download and extract this new version, then delete your old GoT_Enhanced-folder and replace it with this new version. It should work that way.

Try this otherwise, if you need to install the mod from scratch, before doing the long installation:

"Try to just place the downloaded folder in your mods folder then - but make sure it's mods/GoT_Enhanced and not Mods/GoT_Enhanced/GoT_Enhanced.

It may work - in the worst case it's gonna be unstable. But it may not be.

Start the mod by clicking the bat-file- do not start it with administrator rights- just double click."

For those who need to install this from the beginning, first try the above and if that doesn't work - the old instructions apply:

Make sure you have Medieval II Total War Kingdoms installed, disable the UAC if you can and all that- then install the youngblood/enhanced version of Westeros Total War found here:

Twcenter.net

After the above installation you will have a better version of the original Westeros Total War.

After that is installed, rename the mod-folder from Youngbloods to "GoT_Enhanced"- then install version 3.0 of the GoT-mod found here:

Moddb.com

Now you'll have the old GoT 3.0 version without the units and new changes.

When that's done you should download the v 4.5 of the GoT-mod and extract it to a location of your choice. Then you'll find an extracted folder named GoT_Enhanced, inside of this folder you'll find another folder with the exact same name- cut and paste the folder inside with the same name over your renamed GoT_Enhanced mod-folder.

You should now get alot of messages like "file already exists" etc- click yes on overwrite for all files.

This should give you the new version in a stable format. Then, you can play!

FOR STEAM-USERS- You may need to rename the mod into one of the actual expansion-names, like for example renaming GoT_Enhanced to "teutonic", "Americas" or something like that.

You do also need to play a custom battle before entering the campaign, as otherwise the campaign will crash when trying to enter it - this is a Steam-related problem only.

If you want the music of the show you need to also follow the steps below.

Regarding the music submod:

"This is what you need to do to get the awesome music to work:

1. Buy or download the albums of season 1 to 3.

2. The mod is already compatible with the music- you just have to get the music yourself and follow the instructions under this text - because i couldn't upload the full albums. And this mod is compatible with the full songs of the first three albums.

3. The game-files are already in their places.

4. Place each song of albums 1, 2 & 3 in the music-folder inside of your sounds folder- which is inside the data-folder of your mod.

5. Remove the "Main Theme"-songs of season 2 and 3, as it is the same as the first song of season 1.

6. Rename all songs to numbers from number 1 to nr 67. Don't touch the two songs from the music mod that followed with the download.

7. To be secure- delete the event.dat and event.idx-files inside of your sounds-folder together with the music.dat and music.idx-files.

Now you'll have a fully working music submod.".

Artmod Version: 3.0

~ Countless New Loading Screens. ~
    ~ New Splash and Menu Screens. ~
    ~ New Character Portraits. ~
    ~ All New Faction Symbols. ~
    ~ Unique General Voices. ~
    ~ All New Quotes. ~
    ~ All New Northern and Southern Eventpics and Advisors. ~
    ~ Whole New User Interfaces. ~
    ~ And lots more! ~

GoT:V.4.5

1. New playable House Bolton faction - led by Lord Roose Bolton of the Dreadfort, and complete with a new GoT-look-alike roster. The units do look like in the TV-show!

2. New textures for many shields as well as improvement of many units in the game - new model parts etc!

3. New unit pictures, background pictures, portraits and other stuff implemented - video addon also added! And the unit portraits not added will be added in a patch shortly, i just wanted this released before the voting close.

Everything is finished but for a few minor things.

4. All rebels and mercs in the game have been replaced by new unit models - no more vanilla units in the game. I Have also created over 20 different rebel groups, both based on regions and capitals.

The capital rebels are elites, and the other regional rebels are commoners of their specific regions.

5. A few new units for some of the old factions - especially House Tyrell, and House Martell.

6. All working strat-models added- but the Lannister and Stark ones didn't work - so they borrow from others, no more vanilla strat-models in the game.

7. Mercs recruitable from guilds - factions can now create guilds where they can get unique Southern mercenaries.

8. New recruitment-system based on regions - you can now only train and recruit the troops of a specific region in that region. Westerland troops in the Westerlands, and Riverland troops in the Riverlands etc. As for the elite-units, you can only ever train your own house elites -but you can train them in all capital cities that you hold.

9. Many bugs and errors fixed - the russian text is now gone from events and the like.

10. Added alot of minor things also.

More Previews can be found on the MODDB-site:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/game-of-thrones

Regarding Bugs and Crashes

With a small team and such a large amount of changes, not to mention having to make it compatible with other mods, Bugs Are Gonna Happen.

Please report them in this thread or PM me.

Look at the old GoT-thread for more information regarding installation, as there are pictures there and such.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 09, 2017 at 02:51 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Great mod, I love the overall style of the Bolton faction and the variety of units. Cheers!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Shreklayers View Post
    Great mod, I love the overall style of the Bolton faction and the variety of units. Cheers!
    Thanks,i agree the Boltons are some of Vltima's best work.You will be glad to hear that there will be increased variation in the coming update/updates. Even though the basic units will be retextures going forward, mostly to make balancing easier. But then instead the mid-tier troops and the elite house-troops will be unique.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I'm not that great with computers. so please don't laugh if I am installing this wrong. I'm on steam and I installed the Youngblood sub mod and extracted it to mods and renamed it GoT_Enhanced. I then went to download the GoT 3.0 part and when I do its not a .rar but a archive or something. In my downloads the icon next to it is a piece of paper with a corner folded where as its usually a manila folder with a blue R. what do I do at this point or how do I download the 3.0 correctly to put it in my folder for the mod?

nevermind I have figured it out.

Outstanding work, you manage to keep this mod not only alive also to make it far better with these units! Great work from all of you guys! Is there any case for more updates? If yes, could you please tell us what to expect?

Hello guys, the mod keeps getting better and better...When can we expect the new update with the new units ( Tywin, Clegane, Jaime ) and also the new map?

Thanks for all your hard work!
    Still getting CTD when trying to start a new campaign. Did everything in the instructions. Can someone, please, advise?

Quote Originally Posted by SundayLover View Post
    Outstanding work, you manage to keep this mod not only alive also to make it far better with these units! Great work from all of you guys! Is there any case for more updates? If yes, could you please tell us what to expect?
    In the next update you will get everything seen in the last pages of the old thread/on MODDB and this includes:

1. Strat-Generals for House Lannister, House Stark and House Bolton. - DONE

2. New Lannister Roster. - DONE!

3. New Dragonstone elite troop textures. - DONE!

4. New Northern Roster that is looking like Sir Jorah Mormont in armour and style, VltimaRatio wants them to be Northern-troops replacing the old ones.- DONE!

5. Wildling rebels in the far north. - Added to the custom battles but not to the campaign yet!

6. Nights Watch troops in custom battles. -DONE

7. New basic troops with different textures on shields and armour based on regions. Southern units are the base of these new troops. Hedge Knights and peasants will be added i think, as well as new longbowmen and crossbowmen. - Westerland (Joffrey & Lannisters), Riverland (Tully), Baratheon/Stormland (Renly & Stannis), Reach (Tyrell) and Vale (Arryn) troop recruitment - DONE!

8. Old Westerland troops remade into Sellswords - will be added into the descr_mercenaries, and this means mercs on the campaign. - DONE!

9. Old basic troops remade into mid-tier and elite-troops. - DONE!

10. New balance-system based on the system from "A Song of Ice and Fire: Total War" - will make the factions balanced based on the books. - All the basic troops done!

11. Various changes on the campaign-map for some factions - mostly made a few factions start stronger with either more starting troops - or a few new starting settlements.

House Bolton has Karhold and all the generals of House Karstark plus additional Karstark-troops. Stannis has more starting troops. House Greyjoy is in the North with their whole army which has been increased in size, and House Stark has moved all their garrisioned troops to the Westerlands to aid in the war - and this means that House Stark is way more powerful against the Lannisters while they will have a hard time at home fighting against the Greyjoys.

All factions but House Renly has had updated starting troops - which means i have added new entries for units created in 4.5 - all DONE, and will be adding entries for new units to be in 4.6. - Not done yet!

Adding of Targaryen basic and mid-tier troops? - DONE!

13. Adding of possible Wildling basic troops? - DONE!

14. Adding of possible Nights Watch basic troops? - DONE!

15. Adding of possible House Frey basic and mid-tier troops? - DONE!
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 23, 2017 at 07:47 PM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    Hello guys, the mod keeps getting better and better...When can we expect the new update with the new units ( Tywin, Clegane, Jaime ) and also the new map?
    I don't know when it will be released.

The new map will possibly come at the end of summer or later.

- The Havamal

Hello there, I am just playing a campaign as House Baratheon of Dragonstone and when I am trying to siege King's Landing, by the time i click on Assault and trying to play the battle the game crashes. Any solution?

Quote Originally Posted by SundayLover View Post
    Hello there, I am just playing a campaign as House Baratheon of Dragonstone and when I am trying to siege King's Landing, by the time i click on Assault and trying to play the battle the game crashes. Any solution?
    Hard to say what the problem is in your case. If i were you i would try to attack from a different angle. Sometimes that could solve it, or it's something connected with the units/settlement but i don't think there should be any such problem. Or it is Steam etc.

- The Havamal

Playing Stannis, the general pic's annoy me. Just a personal preference, but they all look the same. But that's just me.

I love the unit designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hierarch View Post
    Playing Stannis, the general pic's annoy me. Just a personal preference, but they all look the same. But that's just me.

I love the unit designs.
    They have the same helmet-style - it'strue. But they aren't the same person as i chose different persons clad in that uniform from the show. The point is to make the pictures of gens/heroes the same as in the show.

As for the unit designs those are all VltimaRatios work - you'll be glad to hear Dragonstone models will be updated in the coming update. I haven't checked them out just yet, as i have still to implement them and do some other work on the update. I am focusing on TLK first, then i'll finish up the next GoT:TW version.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 02, 2017 at 12:54 PM.

- The Havamal

Librarian's Avatar Biarchus

I'm still playing with 4.0 and was disappointed there was no Tyrion Lannister quotes, even though he's the most quotable, funniest character. Does this version have any? If not this surely needs to be rectified immeaditately (I can record the quotes myself with audacity if you wish!)

If I install on top, is it savegame compatible?
    Last edited by Librarian; April 21, 2017 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
    I'm still playing with 4.0 and was disappointed there was no Tyrion Lannister quotes, even though he's the most quotable, funniest character. Does this version have any? If not this surely needs to be rectified immeaditately (I can record the quotes myself with audacity if you wish!)

If I install on top, is it savegame compatible?
    Quotes? You mean text-quotes in the loading screens or the hero-voices from the show?

Now, i haven't changed the text but you could easily do that in the text file quotes.txt.

As for hero-voices from the show i have no idea how the original team made that possible. I have only knowledge in moving the voices in the scripts-file - that work wasn't done by me and i can't change it and do not plan to.

- The Havamal

Librarian's Avatar Biarchus

I do mean Hero-voices. Do you know what file format they need to be? If you don't, could we consult the original mod authors about how to implement more/other voices? I was disappointed to not hear my favourite character's voice as I moved him around.

edit: I put the GOT enhanced contents in to my working 4.0 version, and replaced all existing conflicting files (I backed up) and I have the boltons down south! the starks too, anbd it seems erryones a bolton. Is that bolton splash meant to come up when I load in?

[CONTENTBOX]http://imgur.com/FapNZul[/CONTENTBOX]
    Last edited by Librarian; April 22, 2017 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
    I do mean Hero-voices. Do you know what file format they need to be? If you don't, could we consult the original mod authors about how to implement more/other voices? I was disappointed to not hear my favourite character's voice as I moved him around.

edit: I put the GOT enhanced contents in to my working 4.0 version, and replaced all existing conflicting files (I backed up) and I have the boltons down south! the starks too, anbd it seems erryones a bolton. Is that bolton splash meant to come up when I load in?

[CONTENTBOX]http://imgur.com/FapNZul[/CONTENTBOX]
    I don't really understand what you are saying - but yes, the Bolton splash screen is supposed to show up.. This versions main feature was the new Bolton faction.

- The Havamal

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Lord Commander
    Content Staff Citizen Gaming Staff

I believe he means the voices of generals/agents/etc on the campaign map, when one moves them around. Clicking on Tyrion and hearing "I drink, and I know things" for example.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I believe he means the voices of generals/agents/etc on the campaign map, when one moves them around. Clicking on Tyrion and hearing "I drink, and I know things" for example.
    I understood that, but not what he meant about Boltons down south and all that nonsense.

- The Havamal

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast