Thread: Crakehall Castle, Seat of House Crakehall

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Default Crakehall Castle, Seat of House Crakehall

House Crakehall

HOUSE CRAKEHALL OF CRAKEHALL

Lord Roland "Redtusk" Crakehall

Appearance: Lord Crakehall is a grizzled old man. His face bears heavy scarring, he is missing his left eye and his left hand. He has a short and well kept beard with hair pulled tightly back into a pony tail. His once copper hair is now run through heavily with grey. He walks with a heavy limp in his right leg - requiring a cane. He is tall and slender, and still has plenty of muscle for an old man.
    Traits:
    +3 Charisma (Lord Crakehall may be fierce, but he is also genuinely amicable and friendly.)
    +3 Battles (A veteran commander, Lord Crakehall has been to the wars and back.)
    +3 Wealth (Years of rule have provided a keen knowledge of finance and accounts.)
    +2 Logistician (Adept at planning a quick and efficient campaign.)
    +1 Survival (A lifetime of experience has made this man hard to kill.)

Lord Roland Crakehall is the second born son of the previous Lord Crakehall. He spent his youth fighting as a mercenary from Westeros to Essos and took part in the War of the Ninepenny Kings. His elder brother was his father's heir for many years, until he was disowned in a dispute over marriage.

As the next in line, Roland became Lord Crakehall.

He gained the name Redtusk after surviving a near fatal encounter with a boar - an incident which gave him his lifelong limp and hampered his ability with a sword. When the beast was killed, its tusks were so stained with Roland's blood, that he took the tusks and the hide of the boar, fashioning the hide into a cloak and one tusk being made into a horn. The other tusk was added to his shield. The boar's skull adorns Lord Roland's personal standard to this day.

Spouse: Deceased
    Children:
    Ser Tyrion Crakehall
    Ser Jon Crakehall - Deceased
    Ser Bronn Crakehall
    Ser Alaister Crakehall
    Ser Randal Crakehall

Ser Tyrion Crakehall

Rank(s): Knight, Heir of Crakehall
    Traits:
    +3 Charisma
    +2 Wealth
    +2 Battles
    +1 Capture
    +1 Logistician

The eldest son and heir of Lord Roland Crakehall. He is tall, with short copper hair and a mustache. A handsome man, he is the spitting image of his father in his youth, he rejects the traditional robustness and strength of a Crakehall and takes a tall and slender appearance.

Spouse: Unmarried - First Wife deceased
    Children:
    Beric Crakehall - 19, Born 263 AC
    Ralf Crakehall - 16, Born 266 AC (Twin to Olenna) - Married to Lady Janyce Crakehall nee Greenmonth
    Alanna Crakehall - 18, Born 264 AC
    Myrcella Crakehall - 20, Born 262 AC
    Olenna Crakehall - 16, Born 269 AC (Twin to Olenna)
    Shiera Crakehall - 17, Born 268 - Married to Lord Damion Lannister

Ser Bronn Crakehall

Rank(s): Knight, Lord Commander of the Order of the Crimson Boar
    Traits:
    +3 Duels
    +3 Survival
    +2 Battles

Once again, Bronn Crakehall is far from a traditional Crakehall. He is slender but shorter than his brothers. His hair is black and he goes clean shaven. A brilliant duelist, he possesses a rather mean personality and is known for his sly and fox like nature.

Spouse: N/A
    Children:
    Balon Hills - 10, Born 272 AC

Ser Alaister Crakehall

Rank(s): Knight
    Traits:
    +2 Assassination
    +2 Survival
    +2 Duels

Ser Alaister Crakehall is a typical Crakehall. Tall, broad shouldered and robust. He is rather ugly, with a big nose broken many times and flattened against his face.

Children: N/A

Ser Randal Crakehall

Rank(s): Knight
    Traits:
    +3 Duels
    +2 Survival

Children: N/A

House Court

N/A

Trade

Consumed Resources
    First Trade Resource: (Small Marketplace Required)
    Imported or Produced:

Second Trade Resource: (Medium Marketplace Required)
    Imported or Produced:

Third Trade Resource: (Large Market Required)
    Imported or Produced:

Exported Resources
    Resource Name:
    Exported to:
    [insert additional slots as needed to organize imported or exported resources]

Taxation

(What is the taxation level)
    (What lords are being taxed)
    (level of revolt risk)
    (vassal action penalty)

Buildings

TIER I:

TIER II:

TIER III:

TIER IV:

Edicts
    (List all edicts)

Military

Levy

Crakehall - 3'500 Levy Points
    Greenmonth - 2'000 Levy Points
    Falwell - 750 Levy Points
    Hawthorne - 750 Levy Points
    7'000 Levy Points

5'250 Light Infantry
    1'750 Archers
    Total: 7'000 men
    Professionals and Militia

Personal Retinue and Professional Troops
    Points Available: 200

Troops:
    600 Paladins of the Crimson Boar (Westerlander Knights]
    900 Knights of the Crimson Boar (Mercenary Heavy Cavalry)
    1500 Men

Retinue: 100 Elite Cavalry

Militia
    Crakehall: N/A

Vassal:
    700 Polearms
    350 Archers
    350 Heavy Infantry
    125 Light Cavalry
    125 Heavy Cavalry
    Total: 1'750 men

Garrison
    100 Heavy Infantry
    200 Light Infantry
    100 Polearm Infantry
    150 Archers

Total: 550 men

Naval Forces
    Points Available: 5'000
    Used:N/A

Last edited by The Mad Skylord; January 13, 2017 at 07:57 AM.

Default Re: Crakehall Castle, Seat of House Crakehall

High in the North Tower of Crakehall Castle, an argument was brewing. Atop the tallest tower in Crakehall was a library - Lord Crakehall's private library - and in thr center of that room is a table. Around the table sat Lord Crakehall and his 4 sons.

"We can't let that little bastard attempt to usurp a title!" Bronn snarled.

His older brother, Ser Tyrion, responded with blatant fury. "So you'd leave my child at the mercy of Kevan Lannister? You'd leave her to be murdered?"

Bronn sat silently at that, but young Randal piped up. "A reasonable sacrifice for our oaths to Lord Tywin."

"Agreed!" Alaister cried.

Tyrion looked at both of them, pale with fury. "I'll wring both of your necks, you little fuc-"

It was at that moment Roland slammed his fist onto the table. There was suddenly silence. The old Lord of Crakehall spoke slowly and deliberately. "We have little choice in our candidate for the Lordship. That does not mean we cannot make use of this as a chance to gain power. As fond as I am of Lord Tywin, the sad truth is that I cannot put my granddaughter at risk."

The High Lord of the Searoad sighed. "Tyrion, you will go to Lannisport to negotiate our entry into this struggle. See what you can get us."

Tyrion nodded quietly, and Roland flicked his hand - indicating his sons may leave.

The Steward of Casterly Rock sends a friendly reminder to the Steward of Crakehall: Crakehall's taxes are set at 15% as per the verbal agreement with Lord Tywin Lannister for this year and indefinitely, until renegotiated with Lord Tywin

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

On the way to King's Landing, High Lord Damon Payne made a de-tour past Crakehall castle.
    After the audience has been granted with Lord Crakehall Damon cuts to the chase.

"Crakehall, I have a daughter Teora Payne. She needs to find a suiteble match. Does your household have one?"

The roofs of his castle were finally being repaired. Crakehall met Payne in the gutted ruins of his library and solar. A rough table and two chairs had been placed on the newly timbered floor - yet to be covered with rugs. A fire blazed in the fireplace, lending some warmth to the room. "Payne. I suppose she can marry my son, Bronn. What are you offering in the way of a dowry?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Skylord View Post
    The roofs of his castle were finally being repaired. Crakehall met Payne in the gutted ruins of his library and solar. A rough table and two chairs had been placed on the newly timbered floor - yet to be covered with rugs. A fire blazed in the fireplace, lending some warmth to the room. "Payne. I suppose she can marry my son, Bronn. What are you offering in the way of a dowry?"
    "10.000. The war has drained everyone their funds I fear."

Crakehall eyed Payne calmly. "Do you mean to insult me in my own halls? 20'000 Dragons."

Blog Entries

Payne had a small grin on his face which quickly grew to a larger smile. "That would be excellent Crakehall" Payne said before offering his hand to conclude the deal.
    Lord Payne nodded to one of his guards who dropped a chest on the ground before Lord Crakehall. "You'll find 20.000 dragons in there. I trust you will handle the wedding affairs with your son?"
    Last edited by General Brewster; January 27, 2017 at 09:29 AM.

Ser Jaime Lanister arrived at Crakehall, or what remained of it, seeking to meet with whomever was left to treat with him.

He was led to the very top of the tallest tower in Crakehall. The castle had been rebuilt impressively quickly - the stone work had been undamaged. Crakehall's solar had once again taken on a rather grand appearance. Thickly carpeted floors, bookshelves reaching the ceiling, leather paneling and a huge desk in the center of the room. Lord Crakehall sat at his desk. "It is a long time since you strolled these halls, Ser Jaime. What is it you need?"

Jaime gave the man a broad smile. "How about some wine, Roland?" He swaggered to a large chair, clearly that of Roland's, and sat. "I've come with some good news for you and your family. But first tell me, how do things go here? I see you've rebuilt a bit. What is the current state of the castle?"

Roland raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. He allowed himself a small smile. Jaime had always been an arrogant little , but the Old Boar of Crakehall had been fond of him since he'd kicked the shite out of that vile Frey who had squired in Crakehall at the same time. He poured two large goblets of wine, and took a quaff of his. "It'a mostly defensible. The western wall is warped and weakened from the heat of the flames, but it is well on the way to repair. Crakehall is back to its former glory - for the most part."

"Good!" Jaime said happily as he downed the entire goblet and called for another. "Now, for the matter at hand." He held out his glass as it was filled "You did well in the Reach, even if your methods were inadvisable." He looked at Roland. "And don't mistake me, I know you weren't directly responsible, but your kin were, and they reflect on you." Jaime smiled again, a winning smile. "Your family performed well in the Reach. You accomplished your mission. You diverted the forces of the Reach. House Crakehall proved loyal, worthy, and...effective. I am the Lord Regent of Casterly Rock, and heir besides. I name you, Roland Crakehall, as my Master of Horse. I also remit your taxes for the next year." He downed another glass.

Roland smiled. He reached forwards and poured Jaime yet another, although he drank at a slightly more moderate pace. "My thanks, Jaime. I will do my best to live up to the expectations of House Lannister.

There is one other thing though. Tarbeck Hall sits as a rotted, crumbling ruin. Allow my House to rebuild it for the glory of the Westerlands. Surely it is better to have a good castle in the hands of a loyal vassal than to have it as naught but a ruin?"

"My but you are an ambitious man." Jaime replied. "Rebuild your own hall back to greatness, along with its armies, and mayhaps in the future I will consider such a thing. I am building a standing army in the Westerlands, Crakehall, and I would have you participate. In fact, in your role as Master of Horse you will be required not only to command and lead, but to provide a large number of mounted knights to our forces. How many can you provide now?" He sipped at his goblet. "Bugger the expectation of House Lannister. Live up to my expectations."
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; January 28, 2017 at 06:14 PM.

Crakehall tapped his desk quietly. "A thousand perhaps - if I stretched my lands thin. The lack of gold this past year has forced me to allow most of my knights to leave my service. This will change now - I have the coin and the seat to force them back into my service. Within 6 months I can give you 2 if not 3 thousand knights and a host of light cavalry to boot. All I need is a little time - my coffers will take time to recover fully, but your knights shall be my first priority."

Jaime rose, a bit unsteadily. "Then make it the priority. Impress me with the resurgent strength of House Crakehall and I might consider it." Jaime concluded.

Roland rose at the same time, eager to have his chair back - it had been specially designed to give his bad leg comfort. "As you wish. House Crakehall has ever been the most powerful of the Marcher Lords - we shall be again."

"I count on that, Lord Roland." Jaime replied as he passed off his goblet. "Report to me by the end of the year, Crakehall's wellbeing is important to me."