Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Map Development

Icon1 Campaign Map Development

Greetings most kindest of people!

This thread is dedicated to everything about the Campaign Map

got a question? drop it down below, want to comment on the map do so, down below!

Here are our current images, this thread will be updated constantly!

Factions

Default Re: Campaign Map Development

How about this? I'll add some details in a second.

looks great! this is the charlemagne map so it could look really cool! only thing is i think you want the map here to be flipped like that which it cant, but it still looks like something very interesting! please send usmore!

Yeah, Will do. I'm working on finishing the regions. Here's what I have so far: (Capitals), *Ports*

1. Braavos (London) *
    2. Volantis (Bamburgh) *
    3. Sunspear (Ribe) *
    4. Lemonwood (Aarhus) *
    5. The Tor (Hedeby)
    6. Ashemark (Pavia)
    7. Banefort (Genoa)*
    8. The Crag (Pisa)*
    9. (Nice) *
    10. Seaguard (Marsielle) *
    11. (Arles)
    12. Karhold (Santander)*
    13. Dreadfort (Leon)
    14. (Valladoid)
    15. (Lisbon) *
    16. (Braga)
    17. (Coimbra)
    18. (Seville)
    19. (Beja)
    20. (Cadiz)*
    21. (Cordoba)
    22. (Almeria) *
    23. (Jaen)
    24. Castlery Rock (Roma)
    25. Sarsfield (Spoleto)
    26. Oxcross (Siena)
    27. Ten Towers (Syracuse)*
    28. Grey Garden (Akragas)*
    29. Harlaw Hall (Panormus)*
    30. Pyke (Cagliari) *
    31. Lordsport (Olbia)*
    32. Orkwood (Ajaccio)*
    33. King’s House (Oviedo)
    34. Deepdown (Lugo)
    35. Driftwood Hall (Santiago) *
    36. (Caceres)
    37. (Merida)
    38. (?)
    39. Dragonstone (Quimper)
    40. (Vannes)
    41. Duskendale/KL Port?(St. Malo) *
    42. Lannisport (Ravenna) *
    43. Crakehall (Bologna)
    44. (Ancona)*
    45. (Verona)
    46. (Aquilea)
    47. Oldtown (Venezia)*
    48. The Arbor (Sisak)
    49. Ryamsport (Jadra)*
    50. Vinetown (Ptuj)
    51. Kayce (Benevento)
    52. Feastfires (Salerno) *
    53. (Bari) *
    54. Faircastle (Taranto)*
    55. (Kroton) *
    56. (Region*)
    57. Wyl (Hamburg) *
    58. Kingsgrave (Bremen)
    59. Vulture’s Roost (Osnabruck)
    60. Skyreach (Magdeburg)
    61. (Hildesheim)
    62. (Halberstadt)
    63. (Buraburg)
    64. (Paderborn)
    65. (Erfurt)
    66. Yronwood (Rerik)
    67. (Havelburg)
    68. Stargard)
    69. Blackmont (Cottbus)
    70. (Brandenburg)
    71. (Lipsk)
    72. Skyfall (Dresden)
    73. High Hermitage (Praha)
    74. (Iglau)
    75. (Amiens)
    76. (Troyes)
    77. (Reims)
    78. (Barcelona) *
    79. (Girona)
    80. (Tarragona) *
    81. (Paris)
    82. (Chartres)
    83. (Tours)
    84. Gulltown (Bordeaux) *
    85. (Bayonne) *
    86. (Agen)
    87. (Basel)
    88. (Konstanz)
    89. (Chur)
    90. Starpike (Hallstadt)
    91. (Wurzburg)
    92. (Frankfurt)
    93. (Ghent)
    94. (Utrecht)
    95. (Boulougne) *
    96. (Aachen)
    97. (Metz)
    98. (Trier)
    99. (Poiters)
    100. (Bourges)
    101. (Angouleme)
    102. (Arvernis)
    103. (Autun)
    104. (Rodez)
    105. (Zaragoza)
    106. (Tudela)
    107. (Pamplona)
    108. White Harbor (Valencia) *
    109. (Cartagena) *
    110. Blacktyde (Palma)*
    111. Winterfell (Toledo)
    112. (Guadalajara)
    113. (Calatrava)
    114. The Eyrie (Toulouse)
    115. (Narbonne) *
    116. (Urgell)
    117. (Lyon)
    118. (Grenoble)
    119. (Geneve)
    120. King's Landing... see 41 for port? (Rennes)
    121. Maidenpool (Or Saltpans) (Nantes) *
    122. (Bayeux)
    Last edited by d35966n; January 10, 2017 at 01:03 AM.

And yeah, I know the map can't be flipped, but it doesn't really matter.

And one with the prospective houses:

i could actually see this working ill talk to the team!

Last edited by d35966n; January 10, 2017 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Rotated 90 degrees

could you send an image with the map flipped but in the style of the last one you just sent? its alot easier to see what it would/could look like!

Just updated that post. Is that what you meant?

yup! unfortunetly we wont be doing a campaign on the AoC dlc map, but i really appreciate the effort thanks! well be releasing screenshots of the map shortly~

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I've heard THFE productions mention that it might be possible to block off certain landmass, making them blocked off. Also lowering land mass into the sea. Are these things something you've investigated, as the possibilities of these things?

​~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    I've heard THFE productions mention that it might be possible to block off certain landmass, making them blocked off. Also lowering land mass into the sea. Are these things something you've investigated, as the possibilities of these things?

​~Wille
    Rise of Mordor was the team that tried this out. It was before I joined the team, but from what I understand it didn't actually work because the AI would still try to walk onto that landmass that had lowered into the sea, or something along those lines.
    Also, I'm fairly sure the official CA tool that was used to make those changes has since broken and hasn't been patched. I'm not 100% on this however.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Oh well, what can you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    the AI would still try to walk onto that landmass that had lowered into the sea
    OP could pretend it's just a part of the Iron Isles culture or something. What is dead may never die.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

what is dead may never die, caligula is right, the frontiers would mean the troops would wonder far away from middle earth/europe!

How you liking the mod so far!?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamersville101 View Post
    Greetings most kindest of people!

This thread is dedicated to everything about the Campaign Map

got a question? drop it down below, want to comment on the map do so, down below!

Here are our current images, this thread will be updated constantly!

Factions

i think your idea for the map is very good, and comes close to what westeros is like.
    But i think a few changes can improve it:

First:The Dothraki horde lives on the plains/desert, i think the arabian desert suits them better, also they are way overpowered if you look what they have. I would give the current targaryen lands to them.

Second: give the east (current dothraki lands) to the city states: BUT also split the city states up into several city states factions (Braavos, volantis, Lys, Tyrosh, Myr, Norvosh, Lorath, Pentos, Meereen, Astapor, Qarth), so they keep each other in check. (You can even use the same unit roster, but with different names, they are all city troops anyway and they use the same merc.)
    Mayby make the Region of Constantia (Cyprus) into Tyrosh?

Third, Give Egypt and Eathiopia from Martell (Dorne) to Targaryen, this way Targaryen can actually invade Westeros (Europe on this map) and Dorne is supposed to be mainly desert, so they still have all desert lands west of Egypt. Their main city can be carthage. Othewise they are to strong anyways. Targaryen was in alliance with Dorne anyways, so you can make them allies and watch them invade westeros.

Last: Tyrell is WAAAY to strong(and already have a safe positioning) and Renly way to weak. ( more then 9 provinces for Tyrell, 2 provinces for Renly, 1 for Stannis, about 4 for the Lannisters).
    Solution:
    - Give the province of Narbonesis to Joffrey and make Aquae Sextiae into Kingslanding.
    - Give the province of Venetia to Renly
    - Give the Province of Belgica and the region of Vesontio to the Lanisters (makes more sense, this way they are more the neighbours of the iron islands then the Tyrell, wich is true)

This way Tyrell is still fairly strong: 7 provinces exact, but not to OP, Renly got 3 good provinces, wich should be enough, Lannister would had about 6. Joffrey stays the same.

Something like this

ill send it over to the board, i like this idea but i think joffrey is a little too far left since he doesnt block renly from the north, also where would house martell go? we do have a very similar
    style of the map everything is basically the same aprt from some provinces but do you have any modding skills? we could use somone of your mindset :p

ill send it over to the board, i like this idea but i think joffrey is a little too far left since he doesnt block renly from the north, also where would house martell go? we do have a very similar
    style of the map everything is basically the same aprt from some provinces but do you have any modding skills? we could use somone of your mindset :p

I've got some modding skills, but mostly PFM and a bit startpos modding, i'm not a texture modder, But i'm willing to help were i can, i like your project.

Check me out on Steam: Sanmaya
    This is my latest mod there: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=781879147

You are prob rigth about joffrey being to far to the left then. But i think you notice the strength difference between Renly and Tyrell, and also they should border.

Mayby give Narbosanesis AND liguria to Renly , and give Venetia (kingslanding can stay there) and Raetia et Noricum to Joffrey
    this way, renly borders Tyrell way more, wich they should. Stannis is even more close to Renly terrictory, Joffey will be more in the middle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast