Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Castamere, Seat of House Lannister

Default Re: Lannisport, Seat of House Lannister (Cousin Branch)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Skylord View Post
    Ser Tyrion bowed stiffly to "Lord" Kevan. "My Lord." the Heir to Crakehall regarded the Usurper with a blank look. "My father is willing to declare for you. For a price."
    Kevan rose when the Crakehalls entered "Ah, Crakehalls." he said in an arrogant tone. "The first of my loyal vassals to declare their open support, I imagine." he said "What is the price? Other than opposing my brother, a tyrant and a butcher, what do you require?"

Poach's Avatar Civitate

"Well then, lads!" exclaimed Willem, holding his arms out and turning to face them triumphantly, "What'd I tell you? You owe me a drink, Patrek!" He turned back to face the scribe.

"Chain and hard leather armour," said Willem, patting his armoured chest, "The four of us fight with sword and shield. Got horses too, if your Lord be in in need of riders, elsewise they're nicely stabled up."

Donnel was keeping his helm's brim dipped low and let Willem do the talking, while he surveyed the growing camp. Kevan commanded many sellswords, but the shadow of the Rock loomed high behind them. All these men must know conflict was imminent. He made a note to reconnoitre the gateway into Casterly Rock from Lannisport itself: it must be sealed shut by Tywin's men or perhaps already controlled by Kevan's, with Tywin's men holding the higher floors above it. It might serve as an escape route if leaving the city via the roads became impossible.
    Last edited by Poach; January 14, 2017 at 02:28 PM.

The scribe made some notes. "Infantry, and outriders...." he finished. "very well, welcome to the service of Lord Kevan Lannister." he said with a low laugh as he tossed each of them fat purses. The recruitment sum was a veritable fortune. Patches containing the roaring lion of Lannister sigil were laying in a heap. "Sew 'em on. Everyone'll know you by the badge."

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    "We will soon give battle to our arrogant brother." Gerion said with a smile

"But I must inquire how many men you will contribute to the effort." Kevan continued. Clearly he would need to manage the logistical side of things. Gerion was confident in victory, but he did not give enough thought to the planning. "Tywin is an able commander, we will need to muster all the troops we can to deal with him quickly."
    Stafford adjusts his collar slightly knowing the word would eventually get out.

"There is just one problem... as much as I have influence over the City Watch, only a core group of them accepted what I did and knew what I did to gain control of Lannisport."

He then lowers his voice for the two hear alone.

"Lady Crakehall has escaped with Damion's children. And neither Tybolt nor Gerold have come forth. I fear they may have fled the city by now to parts unknown for certain."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Crakehall was an arrogant man himself, but he kept it carefully blanketed under a facade of calmness. "House Crakehall can supply 3000 men to your cause. Over half of these troops are heavy horsemen.

My father sent two offer for you, Lord Kevan. He wishes to have the right to rebuild Tarbeck Hall and for my brother to be declared Knight of the Riverspring or he desires to be made High Lord of Cornfield.

While these prices may be steep, House Crakehall can deploy enough men to turn this war in your favour."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Stafford adjusts his collar slightly knowing the word would eventually get out.

"There is just one problem... as much as I have influence over the City Watch, only a core group of them accepted what I did and knew what I did to gain control of Lannisport."

He then lowers his voice for the two hear alone.

"Lady Crakehall has escaped with Damion's children. And neither Tybolt nor Gerold have come forth. I fear they may have fled the city by now to parts unknown for certain."
    Kevan cursed under his breath. "Seven hells!" He took a moment to compose himself. Gerion remained aloof of the exact implications. "So we have lost Crakehall. What of the Leffords?" he inquired

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Kevan cursed under his breath. "Seven hells!" He took a moment to compose himself. Gerion remained aloof of the exact implications. "So we have lost Crakehall. What of the Leffords?" he inquired
    "My wife, Lady Lefford, is not aware of our plans. I posted guards outside our home and they have reported nothing there... I have gotten no reports of ships moving either, which are under the control of Gerold."

Stafford looks outside at the docks for a moment.

"I will see if I can move for the docks. Take with me my hundred men and determine if Tybolt and Gerold are still in the city."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Poach's Avatar Civitate

"Aye, no problem." said Willem, taking four of the patches, "Let's go boys."

The four left, allowing the next group of sellswords approach the scribe to sign themselves on. The group went a wander through the camp, ostensibly looking for a tailor who would sell them some thread and a needle, as well as browsing the wares of blacksmiths, fletchers and a variety of other merchants trying to flog their wares to the growing crowd of sellswords. They eventually posted up near the centre of the camp where they could watch the command tents, hoping to catch sight of any of the Lannisters of the camp, particularly Stafford Lannister. To appear busy they took to sharpening their swords and daggers, and making a show of poorly attempting to sew the patches onto their armour, while Donnel's three companions took turns going to get mugs of ale every so often: only Donnel knew what Stafford looked like, so he stayed put.

Donnel figured that the conspirators would gather for a dinner before long: if Stafford or Elyana were present, it would confirm him having an active role in Kevan's camp, meanwhile if they did not appear, it would imply they were imprisoned or had fled.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    "My wife, Lady Lefford, is not aware of our plans. I posted guards outside our home and they have reported nothing there... I have gotten no reports of ships moving either, which are under the control of Gerold."

Stafford looks outside at the docks for a moment.

"I will see if I can move for the docks. Take with me my hundred men and determine if Tybolt and Gerold are still in the city."
    "Do so." Kevan growled. "I cannot have these high value hostages successfully fleeing the city. The loyalty of House Crakehall and Lefford may depend on it."

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    "Aye, no problem." said Willem, taking four of the patches, "Let's go boys."

The four left, allowing the next group of sellswords approach the scribe to sign themselves on. The group went a wander through the camp, ostensibly looking for a tailor who would sell them some thread and a needle, as well as browsing the wares of blacksmiths, fletchers and a variety of other merchants trying to flog their wares to the growing crowd of sellswords. They eventually posted up near the centre of the camp where they could watch the command tents, hoping to catch sight of any of the Lannisters of the camp, particularly Stafford Lannister. To appear busy they took to sharpening their swords and daggers, and making a show of poorly attempting to sew the patches onto their armour, while Donnel's three companions took turns going to get mugs of ale every so often: only Donnel knew what Stafford looked like, so he stayed put.

Donnel figured that the conspirators would gather for a dinner before long: if Stafford or Elyana were present, it would confirm him having an active role in Kevan's camp, meanwhile if they did not appear, it would imply they were imprisoned or had fled.

Stafford would be spotted leading a group of a hundred or so men towards the docks...

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Skylord View Post
    Crakehall was an arrogant man himself, but he kept it carefully blanketed under a facade of calmness. "House Crakehall can supply 3000 men to your cause. Over half of these troops are heavy horsemen.

My father sent two offer for you, Lord Kevan. He wishes to have the right to rebuild Tarbeck Hall and for my brother to be declared Knight of the Riverspring or he desires to be made High Lord of Cornfield.

While these prices may be steep, House Crakehall can deploy enough men to turn this war in your favour."
    Kevan Lannister stood when the Crakehalls entered. "Ah, the Crakehalls have arrived." he said to nobody in particular. In court at Casterly Rock such a statement wouldn't have seemed so...empty, for only Gerion was present besides. "No doubt the first of many lords of the Westerlands who will soon pledge fealty." He listened to the proposal, occasionally exchanging glances with his brother. Gerion seemed uninterested. "That is indeed a high price, Boar." Kevan began. "the truth of the matter is that I do not need 3,000 men. I would at most need 1,000 to defeat Tywin." He said, narrowing his eyes as if in deep thought. "As such I will offer you an award only in keeping with how many men I need, but not with how many men you will supply me. I will grant you the right to rebuild Tarbeck Hall in return for all 3,000 men behind me in my fight against my brother."

Poach's Avatar Civitate

The four man group had acquired a meagre meal of their own as the day wore on. Eventually, some commotion would be heard and a body of men, wearing the attire of the Lannisport City Watch, were seen moving through the encampment in the general direction of the docks.

"He looks important." said one of Donnel's companions with interest.

"Stafford." said Donnel, climbing to his feet. "Let's go."

The group let the City Watch pass, standing among the crowd that had gathered to watch them. As people went back about their business, Donnel's group made their own way towards the docks. The City Watch would arrive well in advance of them, of course, but whatever they were going to be doing at the docks would likely be something important or pivotal if Stafford were commanding them himself: Donnel hoped "important" meant "not going to be concluded in the ten minutes or so lead they have on us."

ooc: the rest of that Lefford RP arc is for LM's RP to decide

Tyrion cocked his head. "I see. You think you can defeat your brother with a thousand men. Well then. I don't suppose you need us.

Tarbeck Hall and half the funds required to build it. That is our price."
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; January 14, 2017 at 03:08 PM.

"The right to Tarbeck Hall is all I can grant." Kevan replied. "I'm not sitting in Casterly Rock yet, what funds do you think I have?" Kevan seemed suddenly desperate "What do you think you could get from my brother Tywin, who would expect your loyalty at no cost?"

"Oh, absolutely nothing. Tywin demands loyalty. However, you and I both know you cannot hope to beat Tywin and claim the Rock without Crakehall men. 1'000 men may be all you need from us to defeat Tywin in the field - but you need the rest to besiege the Rock should he escape.

You have no funds, but Riverspring has declared for you. Give us the right to Tarbeck Hall and the Riverspring - and as a compromise we will give you half their income in taxes for the first three years and my youngest brother will join your guard - as a hostage.

A reasonable price I think. You need our men, no matter your claims. Your brother will defeat you without us. House Crakehall is quite willing to wait until your forces clash in battle. It would be interesting toto see how you reacted to our price then."

"How can I give you rights to Riverspring without making others unhappy that I did so?" Kevan asked

Tyrion shrugged. "Knight of the Riverspring is an honorary title held only until the individual holding it dies. It cannot be inherited and as I remember it - it currently sits vacant.

Tywin Lannister is - as you know - unforgiving and ruthless. The minute we back you we must fight fiercely and ruthlessly to put you in the Lordship or else House Crakehall will end. Violently most likely. We are taking a great leap of faith.
    Not to mention you have Shiera - but Father did say to milk him dry.
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; January 14, 2017 at 03:43 PM.

Kevan nodded his agreement. "Those are risks I have taken myself."

Tyrion smiled easily. "Well thenI. Seeing as we have a deal, expect 3100 Crakehall men here within the week. Led by Lord Crakehall himself, of course."

It was a price cheaper than Kevan could have possibly imagined. He smiled widely. "Very well, we look forward to the arrival of such men!" He turned to Gerion. "Perhaps it is time to attack Tywin immediately." he started "with reinforcements so quick in assembling, we may as well bleed my brother."

Gerion perked up. "Battle, now?" he seemed excited. "And I'm to lead the men? Of course I will march." Gerion replied. Kevan seemed satisfied. He would win a victory over Tywin and then be reinforced. it would be a victory worthy of the songs and ballads.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    The four man group had acquired a meagre meal of their own as the day wore on. Eventually, some commotion would be heard and a body of men, wearing the attire of the Lannisport City Watch, were seen moving through the encampment in the general direction of the docks.

"He looks important." said one of Donnel's companions with interest.

"Stafford." said Donnel, climbing to his feet. "Let's go."

The group let the City Watch pass, standing among the crowd that had gathered to watch them. As people went back about their business, Donnel's group made their own way towards the docks. The City Watch would arrive well in advance of them, of course, but whatever they were going to be doing at the docks would likely be something important or pivotal if Stafford were commanding them himself: Donnel hoped "important" meant "not going to be concluded in the ten minutes or so lead they have on us."
    The night before....

Tybolt and Gerold interrogated their nephew's wife, learning every detail they could before letting her sleep within the headquarters near the docks. That night, Tybolt called forth other commanders of the City Watch, the Garrison and Damon's professional soldiers to his building under the cover of night. From what Gerold managed to surmise, Stafford was too busy trying to find Crakehall than to realize the greater picture. That night, unknown to many, Tybolt and Gerold spoke with those once loyal to Damon and made plans for the next step, knowing that Stafford was stupid enough to ride to find Lady Crakehall...

With the plan formulated, the stage would be set for the following morning when Stafford was sure to come looking. Now all they did was wait.

================================

It was as Donnel began to follow Stafford that signs became apparent to him, compared to the oblivious Lannister. As he went down a street, it seemed rather vacant and quiet, yet Stafford rode on with his hundred or so men towards the dockyards. The headquarters to the City Watch's dockyard detachment was within plain view of Stafford. The supposed Lord of Lannisport walked up and hammered his fist upon the door, yet to no answer. Yet as Stafford continued to hammer upon the door, Gerold Lannister would begin setting up his plans. A group of City Watchmen take up a position at the entrance to the street, which was hidden from view from Stafford due to a turn. Gerold then ordered his men to seal this entrance, to ensure that Stafford did not escape.

As Stafford hammered on the door for the fourth time, a series of twags were heard as arrows began to rain down from above the rooftops of houses near the building. The sloppy formation of Staffords troops began all too apparent as they began to break apart, holding up their shields to protect their rear from exposure. Stafford turned, managing to get a pair of soldiers to protect his person. Yet as the arrows kept coming, the doors to the City Watch headquarters under Tybolt opened, revealing commanders who were once loyal to Damon... led by Tybolt. Stafford turns to his younger brother.

Tybolt! Thank the Seven you are here! Please let us in! I fear that Gerold has betrayed us, brother!

He fell silent as he noticed a sword within Tybolt's hand. Stafford then went pale as he saw Shiera Crakehall standing in the background. Before he could shout, Tybolt slashed his brother's head off with a clean stroke of his blade. As his body went limp and his head tumbled to the ground, Tybolt would raise his bloody sword to the shocked minions of Stafford, bellowing at them like a roaring lion.

Lord Damon and his son have been avenged! Let it be known that the sons of Jason Lannister do not tolerate kinslaying over envious intentions! Surrender now or face your doom, cohorts of the corrupted Stafford!

While some soldiers were fools, many threw down their shields, spears and swords at Tybolt's feet and surrendered. From the headquarters came swarms of other City Watchmen, going about arresting the co-conspirators for the death of the late Damon Lannister. However, in Tybolt's eyes, he only viewed Stafford as the sole conspirator, unaware that Kevan and Gerion had allowed this to happen.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; January 14, 2017 at 04:08 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast