Thread: Harrenhal, Seat of House Whent

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Harrenhal, Seat of House Whent

House Whent of Harrenhal

FAMILY MEMBERS
    Character Name: Duncan Whent
    Rank/Titles: High Lord of Harrenhal
    Traits (6 points): +1 Battle, +9 Duel, +8 Survival, +2 Wealth (10%)
    Spouse: betrothed to Florianne Mooton
    Children: N/A
    Wards: N/A
    Squires: N/A
    Equipment:
    - Partial Plate (+20 hp, +4 Duels, +2 Survival)
    - A bastard sword (+4 Duels, +4 Survival)
    Biography: The eldest son of the late Lord Walter, Duncan Whent is considered the Young Lord of Harrenhal, who some consider to be the next in line for the Curse of these haunted halls. Duncan displays traits of his age; stubbornness inherited from his father, pride inherited from his mother, and bravery of his youth. Yet a most concerning attribute of Duncan is his lustful manners. Though no bastards have been acknowledged yet, his father, Walter, had been aware of a mistress when his eldest son was 18 years old. The future of Duncan is uncertain and some hope that he will become a great lord, as great as his father, the rich Walter.

Character Name: Oswell Whent
    Rank/Titles: Knight of the Kingsguard
    Traits (10 points): +11 Duel, +9 Survival, +2 Battle, +1 Capture
    Spouse: Unmarried
    Children: N/A
    Wards: N/A
    Squires: N/A
    Equipment:
    - A bastard sword (+4 Duels, +4 Survival)
    - Partial Plate (+20 hp, +4 Duels, +2 Survival)
    Biography: The younger brother of the late Walter and uncle to the present Lord Duncan, Oswell Whent is a known face among the Kingsguard, for his helmet that has bat wings stretching out of it and his dark humor. A diligent and honorable knight, the wrath of Oswell is legendary, making him a fierce figure among his fellow sworn swords. His skill is noted and his loyalty to the King Aerys is without question, even as he fell deeper and deeper into madness.

Siblings of Duncan Whent
    Roger Whent (b. 262), Unmarried
    Triston Whent (b. 263), Unmarried
    Dana Whent (b. 264), betrothed to Lord Myles Mooton
    Manfryd Whent (b. 266), Unmarried

Whent Family Tree Those whose names are deleted are deceased
    Bold Names indicate the head of the family

Roger Whent, married unnamed Lothson
    Lister Whent, Lord of Harrenhal, married unnamed woman
    Donnel Whent, Lord of Harrenhal, married unnamed woman
    Shella Whent (b. 240 AC), married Walter Whent
    Lucas Whent, married unnamed woman
    Walter Whent (b. 238 AC), Lord of Harrenhal, married Shella Whent
    Duncan Whent (b. 261 AC), Lord of Harrenhal
    Roger Whent (b. 263 AC), Knight of the Ghosts Tower
    Triston Whent (b. 264 AC), Knight of the Dread Tower
    Dana Whent (b. 265 AC)
    Manfryd Whent (b. 267 AC), Knight of the Wailing Tower
    Oswell Whent (b. 240 AC), Knight of the Kingsguard
    Minisa Whent (b. 280 AC), married Hoster Tully, Lord Paramount of the Riverlands
    Mother of Catelyn, Lysa and Edmure Tully
    Sarya Whent (b. 276 AC), married Walter Frey, Lord of the Crossings
    Wynafrei Whent (b. 250 AC), married Danwell Frey

HOUSE RETINUE/COURT

insert any sworn swords or retinue

Character Name
    Spouse:
    Children:
    Wards:
    Squires:
    Equipment:
    Biography:

TRADE

Consumed Resources
    First Trade Resource: (Small Marketplace Required)
    Imported or Produced:

Second Trade Resource: (Medium Marketplace Required)
    Imported or Produced:

Third Trade Resource: (Large Market Required)
    Imported or Produced:

Exported Resources
    Resource Name:
    Exported to:
    [insert additional slots as needed to organize imported or exported resources]

TAXATION LEVELS

(What is the taxation level)
    (What lords are being taxed)
    (level of revolt risk)
    (vassal action penalty)

BUILDINGS

TIER I:

TIER II:

TIER III:

TIER IV:

EDICTS
    (List all edicts)

MILITARY

LEVY
    Very Large Levy – 7,500 Points
    5,625 Light Infantry
    1,875 Archers

STANDING FORCES

Personal Retinue and Professional Troops
    Points Used: 3,000/5,000
    2x Mercenary Crossbowmen
    4x Mercenary Heavy Infantry

Total: 1,800 men

Militia
    Points Used: x/x

Garrison

Naval Forces
    Points Used: x/x

REGIONAL BONUS

• Harrenhal: Large castle - may garrison an additional 200% of the levy. Requires at least 1,000 men to defend or a -1 siege defense modifier is applied.
    • The Curse of Harrenhal: Harrenhal is notorious in that those who control the castle often meet horrific ends, ever since Harren was burned to death in his castle. Chance of death in death rolls increases +1.

Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; January 15, 2017 at 02:47 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Harrenhal, Seat of House Whent

A letter arrives for House Whent.

Quote Originally Posted by Letter
    Lord Whent,

I hereby appoint your brother, Ser Roger, to the position Guardian of the Ruby Ford. He shall assemble his retinue and levy and march with you to Riverrun.

Signed,
    Lord Hoster Tully
    {SEALED}

Citizen

Lord Walter had been put to rest weeks ago, a victim of the curse of Harrenhal. Though the keep still mourned his loss, there was still much going on around them. As the host of House Whent was being assembled, Duncan, the newly appointed Lord, called for his brother, Ser Roger, who approached him from among the soldiery being put together. Duncan showed the decree to his brother.

Go forth and show our family great honor, Roger.

Roger smiles at Duncan and bows, before departing on horse for the Red Fork.

Citizen

Host of Harrenhal (18,075 men)
    Commander: Duncan Whent, Lord of Harrenhal
    Traits: +1 Battle, +9 Duel, +8 Survival
    Equipment: Partial Plate (+20 hp, +4 Duels, +2 Survival) and a bastard sword (+4 Duels, +4 Survival)

Professional Army - 1,800 men
    2x Mercenary Crossbowmen
    4x Mercenary Heavy Infantry

Levy of Harrenhal - 14,000 men
    10,500 Light Infantry
    3,500 Archers

Militia of Harrenhal - 2,275 men
    867 Polearms
    650 Archers
    325 Heavy Infantry
    325 Light Cavalry
    108 Heavy Cavalry

Host of the Red Fork (1,250 men)
    Commander: Roger Whent, Guardian of the Red Fork
    Traits: +2 Battle, +2 Duel, +2 Survival
    Equipment: N/A

Professional Army - 500 men
    500 Riverland Knights

Levy of Red Fork - 750 men
    562 Light Infantry
    188 Archers

Citizen

Some point after the war...

Harrenhal, the dreaded castle of the Riverlands, would host yet another event that would hopefully bring happiness to the House Whent. Contrary to the arrangement made by the late Lord Whent and Lord Mooton, a wedding was held outside of the tattered walls of the dark fortress. The planned union of Lady Florianne Mooton and Lord Duncan Whent, freshly returned from the recent war, went underway once hostilities had ended. Duncan was a man over half a decade older than the young Florianne, but it was a match nonetheless. Members of both families and their respective courts gathered as a Septon brought both man and wife together in happy bliss.

Harrenhal Castle was more like a nightmare then any other building then she had ever seen. It was certainly no fairytale castle. It was called monstrous by the Maesters and Florianne Mooton could only agree. It was the ambition of a tyrant came true, and in turn burned down by dragons. It was huge, bigger then any castle in the land, even larger then the Kings Red Keep. It was however ruinous and a dark place.

And she, Florianne Mooton - dubbed; the Maid of Maidenpool, would become its Lady. Today she would be wed to Lord Duncan Whent. She had been at Harrenhal before; two years ago she was also present at Harrenhal, at the tourney in which her cousin, late Lord Mathos died. A sight which frighted her. She did not want to become a member of house Whent. She did not want to be Lady of Harrenhal. She wanted to escape it's curse. But it was arranged by both families, she was not in the position to humiliate Lord Duncan. As a heiress she was vulnerable in this world, she needed a strong husband to back her claim and no one would dare to defy her rule.

With her she brought her court and retinue, her baseborn brother Olyver Rivers. He knew Harrenhall well; he squired for its late lord. Also present were Rosamund Rivers and Septon Arnulf; her baseborn cousins. Others included her widowed aunts and little Walys and Tommen Mooton, two young boys almost old enough to serve as pages or squires.

Lord Jason Mallister, among with his brother Gerald 'The Cripple' attended the wedding as well.
    Though Ser Luceon was this time absent, all his children, as well as Ser Manfred Mallister, his eldest son Arthor and his second daughter Jyana were present.
    Given by the marriage of Manfred's eldest daughter Elis with the Mootons, it seemed for the Eagle Lords fitting to visit the allied House during such a happy event.
    Furthermore Lord Jason also wished to see how Lord Duncan fared after Mallister had to leave him on Lord Tully's order at Lord Harroway's Town. It was probably the first time after the rebellion that both men saw eachother again.

Lady Florianne was happy to see her maternal kin, the noble and ancient house of Mallister. They ruled supreme at the Cape of Eagles, on the other side of the Riverlands. This made them one of the most prominent families of the Riverlands. Her mother had told her amazing stories about their stronghold Seaguard. On which they patrolled and defended from all threats from the sea. Because they lived on the other side of the Riverlands; she never saw them often. She had never been at Seaguard, but heard enough stories to have a livid imagination about it. "Grandfather," she said happily and hugged Manfred Mallister. "I am so happy to see you." She turned around to see her aunt and uncle; who were only about ten years older then she was. Her mother mother had been her fathers young wife, a price catch. "Aunt Jyana, uncle Arthor. I am so happy you could all make it!" she waved to all the other Mallisters and made a deep curtsey for Lord Jason Mallister. She looked at him shyly. "I am honoured you could make it." for a moment she was a regular young maid. Not a lady with the prospect of getting married into a haunted house of a ruinous castle.
    The prospect.. it haunted her. She didn't really know Lord Duncan, but she was sure he would be kind enough to her. But then suddenly she looked at them with a bright smile. "Aunt Jyana; you must visit me when i'm married. No! You should be one of my ladies." she giggled at the prospect, She, Florianne of five-and-ten namedays, with her own ladies. "I need some company when i'm married." She was yet to meet lord Duncan's sisters. It all frightened her. Next to Rosamund there should be someone to she could trust and have fun with.

Citizen

Duncan Whent would proceed to welcome the young Maid of Maidenpool into his household as his wife. His brothers and sister, Dana, were quite elated to know of their brother's marriage, although Dana was still unmarried herself and promised before to the late Lord Myles Mooton. Despite this, the court of Harrenhal celebrated outside of its walls to the joyous occasion that was the union between Whent and Mooton. Duncan would take his place at the head of the table with Lady Florianne. He had not spoken to her much, given the fact that her time in Harrenhal was either at the tournament or during the war. Duncan watched as his wine cup was full before glancing over his bride.

Is... everything to your liking, Florianne?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrine View Post
    Lady Florianne was happy to see her maternal kin, the noble and ancient house of Mallister. They ruled supreme at the Cape of Eagles, on the other side of the Riverlands. This made them one of the most prominent families of the Riverlands. Her mother had told her amazing stories about their stronghold Seaguard. On which they patrolled and defended from all threats from the sea. Because they lived on the other side of the Riverlands; she never saw them often. She had never been at Seaguard, but heard enough stories to have a livid imagination about it. "Grandfather," she said happily and hugged Manfred Mallister. "I am so happy to see you." She turned around to see her aunt and uncle; who were only about ten years older then she was. Her mother mother had been her fathers young wife, a price catch. "Aunt Jyana, uncle Arthor. I am so happy you could all make it!" she waved to all the other Mallisters and made a deep curtsey for Lord Jason Mallister. She looked at him shyly. "I am honoured you could make it." for a moment she was a regular young maid. Not a lady with the prospect of getting married into a haunted house of a ruinous castle.
    The prospect.. it haunted her. She didn't really know Lord Duncan, but she was sure he would be kind enough to her. But then suddenly she looked at them with a bright smile. "Aunt Jyana; you must visit me when i'm married. No! You should be one of my ladies." she giggled at the prospect, She, Florianne of five-and-ten namedays, with her own ladies. "I need some company when i'm married." She was yet to meet lord Duncan's sisters. It all frightened her. Next to Rosamund there should be someone to she could trust and have fun with.
    Lord Jason, along with the other Mallisters nodded polite towards the young soon-to-be-bride, while taking her euphoric behavior well.
    "If your aunt wishes to do so, I won't be the one to stop her", Lord Mallister said with a grin. The short comment earned him polite laughter, even though Ser Manfred nearly boasted from it - people knew that the Lord tended to be humorous, but it rarely happened.
    Jyana took it with a smile, while chuckling a bit about Lord Mallister's joke.
    "Don't listen to my uncle, you're doing fine without me", she said, her for a Mallister untypical blonde hair shining in the sun, "But if you need my advice and wish me to serve at your court, I would be honored and accept your request."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    Lord Jason, along with the other Mallisters nodded polite towards the young soon-to-be-bride, while taking her euphoric behavior well.
    "If your aunt wishes to do so, I won't be the one to stop her", Lord Mallister said with a grin. The short comment earned him polite laughter, even though Ser Manfred nearly boasted from it - people knew that the Lord tended to be humorous, but it rarely happened.
    Jyana took it with a smile, while chuckling a bit about Lord Mallister's joke.
    "Don't listen to my uncle, you're doing fine without me", she said, her for a Mallister untypical blonde hair shining in the sun, "But if you need my advice and wish me to serve at your court, I would be honored and accept your request."
    Florianne smiled, but she didn't get the joke. She felt something that she was; a ignorant maid who had been locked away in some castle, did everything her relatives wanted and was begin a general good girl. She was not prepped for this in any way. And it didn't feel good. How was she able to command an army and lead her people? She needed good and worthy men and woman around her for she would not be the one to bring her fair city to ruins. "I would like it very much; but I don't want to take you from your home against your wishes." the gods knew there often came a day in the lives of woman which would rob them from hearth and home to be with a man they rarely knew. But the prospect of being a unwanted maid, might have been worse.
    She turned to the ear of her aunt and whispered to her, so only she could hear: "I know what men think of me; a young and foolish maid. First they send me to Riverrun to be educated there. Now they send me to Harrenhal to be wed here. You think they ever treated my cousin, the late Lord this way? I think not; but even a Lady in her own right has no right when she is not wed. But soon I will be a lady wife and my influence and power will grow. I will rule my lands. And I can use the help. You will be more useful to me then you'll ever be at Seaguard." The gods knew that she knew what it was like to be a distant female relative to Lords of the realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Duncan Whent would proceed to welcome the young Maid of Maidenpool into his household as his wife. His brothers and sister, Dana, were quite elated to know of their brother's marriage, although Dana was still unmarried herself and promised before to the late Lord Myles Mooton. Despite this, the court of Harrenhal celebrated outside of its walls to the joyous occasion that was the union between Whent and Mooton. Duncan would take his place at the head of the table with Lady Florianne. He had not spoken to her much, given the fact that her time in Harrenhal was either at the tournament or during the war. Duncan watched as his wine cup was full before glancing over his bride.

Is... everything to your liking, Florianne?
    Breakfast at Harrenhal. This was a daunting prospect. She would eat in this hall for may days to come in her life. A hall, so big it could host a whole army. Yet she was here alone with her new family. Not especially cosy or comfortable. She longed for Maidenpool; but how to tell your new husband that? "It is much different then Maidenpool or Riverrun." she finally said. "But my rooms are comfortable.".
    She looked at her husband; he was about five or six years her senior and she found him quite handsome. She counted herself lucky; she had heard that the great ladies in the realm like Baratheon and Lannister were now bedded by men old enough to be their grandfathers. She counted herself lucky she was not among them.
    "I hope to bring joy and honour to this family," she said and thought: I certainly brought enough wealth and lands enough to do so. "I asked if my aunt Lady Jyana Mallister would be one of my ladies and I hope my cousin lady Rosamund can be one too." she looked at Lady Dana shyly, she was her senior in age but now to the rules of men, junior in status. "I would be honoured if you would do me the honour too. For we are now one kin." She could help in finding her a good husband, if that was her wish.

She looked at the whole Whent family again, "I know I'm young, but I'm eager to learn. It is my wish to be a just ruler; to bring fortune to our houses and the people. "

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrine View Post
    Florianne smiled, but she didn't get the joke. She felt something that she was; a ignorant maid who had been locked away in some castle, did everything her relatives wanted and was begin a general good girl. She was not prepped for this in any way. And it didn't feel good. How was she able to command an army and lead her people? She needed good and worthy men and woman around her for she would not be the one to bring her fair city to ruins. "I would like it very much; but I don't want to take you from your home against your wishes." the gods knew there often came a day in the lives of woman which would rob them from hearth and home to be with a man they rarely knew. But the prospect of being a unwanted maid, might have been worse.
    She turned to the ear of her aunt and whispered to her, so only she could hear: "I know what men think of me; a young and foolish maid. First they send me to Riverrun to be educated there. Now they send me to Harrenhal to be wed here. You think they ever treated my cousin, the late Lord this way? I think not; but even a Lady in her own right has no right when she is not wed. But soon I will be a lady wife and my influence and power will grow. I will rule my lands. And I can use the help. You will be more useful to me then you'll ever be at Seaguard." The gods knew that she knew what it was like to be a distant female relative to Lords of the realm.
    Jyana mused for a second before she only nodded.
    "Don't worry then", she said with a smile, while also lowering her voice, as the other Mallisters encountered other nobles with whom they began to start smalltalk,"I feared that you would deem me too old to actually mean it serious, Florianne but... I would gladly enter your household. Given Lord Jason's work with Lord Whent during the war and my father most likely allowing it, I don't think there will be problems regarding me becoming a handmaiden. Better than becoming a Septa!"