Thread: The Arbor, Seat of House Redwyne

Default The Arbor, Seat of House Redwyne

House Redwyne

FAMILY MEMBERS

Lord Paxter Redwyne
    Rank(s): Lord of the Arbor
    Marital Status: Married to Mina Tyrell (30)
    Children: Horas (10), Hobber (10), Desmera (9)
    Skill(s): +3 Survival, +4 Naval Battles, +2 Battles, +1 Wealth, +2 Charisma, +1 Logistician
    Wards: none
    Squires: none
    Equipment: none

Olenna Redwyne "Queen of Thorns"
    Rank(s): Lord of the Arbor
    Marital Status: Married to Luthor Tyrell
    Children: Mace Tyrell, Mina Tyrell, Janna Tyrell
    Skill(s): +3 Survival, +3 Charisma, +3 Capture, +3 Wealth

Horas Redwyne
    Rank(s): Heir to the Arbor
    Marital Status: none
    Children: none
    Skill(s): +1 Survival, +1 Naval Battles, +1 Battles

Hobber Redwyne
    Rank(s): twin brother to Horas
    Skill(s): +1 Survival, +1 Duel, +1 Scout

Desmera Redwyne
    Rank(s): Daughter of Paxter
    Skill(s): +3 Survival, +1 Charisma

Lady Georgina Redwyne "The Gross"

Marital Status: Unmarried, barren
    Children: None
    Skills: Drinking
    The Sister of Paxter Redwyne

HOUSE RETINUE/COURT

None

TRADE

Consumed Resources
    Free Trade Resource - traded with House Stark (Bonus)
    Produced: Fruit
    Consumed: Timber: 5% cheaper buildings, 25% cheaper professional ship hire, 15% cheaper professional ship upkeep
    Additional Bonus: None

Second Trade Resource: Fish (+1,200 Naval Militia points)
    Imported or Produced: Produced and Consumed

Third Trade Resource: Flax (+2 Charisma for the Lord, +20% faster ships, 5% hire and upkeep reduction on professional land troops)
    Imported or Produced: Produced and Consumed

Fourth Trade Resource: Grain: +1,800 militia points
    Imported or Produced: produced and consumed

Exported Resources
    Resource Name:
    Exported to:
    [insert additional slots as needed to organize imported or exported resources]

TAXATION LEVELS

(What is the taxation level)
    (What lords are being taxed)
    (level of revolt risk)
    (vassal action penalty)

BUILDINGS

TIER I:
    1. Militia Armoury: +500 Militia Points
    2.Market Square: +10% income
    3. (Coastal Only) Dockyard: +500 naval militia points, +10% income
    4. Keep Expansions: +25% castle garrison size permitted
    5. Wall Reinforcements: +1 Siege Defence rolls
    6. City Watch Quarters: 400 Light Infantry permanently stationed in your home territory. Cannot be moved elsewhere.

TIER II:
    1. Town Watch: +1,000 Militia Points, 5% cheaper professional troop hire.
    2. Merchant's Square: +10% province income
    3. (Coastal Only) Large Dockyard: +750 naval militia points, 5% cheaper naval mercs, +5% income

TIER III:
    1. Trade Hub: Allows owners of the province to gain an additional trade route.
    2. (Coastal Only) Major Dockyard: +1,000 naval militia points, 10% cheaper naval mercs, +5% income

TIER IV:

EDICTS
    (List all edicts)

MILITARY

LEVY
    (Insert Levy Points Numbers)

STANDING FORCES

Personal Retinue and Professional Troops
    Professional Points Used: 0/5000
    Militia Points Used: 0/1,500

Garrison

Naval Forces
    Militia Points Used: 0/5,250
    Professional Points Used: 0/5000

REGIONAL BONUS

The Arbor

• Island Nation: The Arbor is a great island of the West coast of Westeros, and as such can only be attacked by sea. The people of the island know this, and are prepared to defend their coastlines. +1 to naval battle rolls around the Arbor for the owner. Additionally, all characters receive +1 to naval battles.
    • Bustling Island: The Arbor is renowned not only in Westeros, but as far away as Slaver's Bay as the producers of the finest wines. People flock to the Arbor from the corners of the world to trade for their wines, and this gives the controller of the Arbor an additional trade route.
    • The Arbor Fleet: The Arbor is known to be the strongest naval power in Westeros outside of the Iron Islands. As a result, the Arbor gains an additional 3,000 naval points giving it the largest overall naval point allotment in Westeros.

Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; February 03, 2017 at 02:36 PM.

Default Re: The Arbor, Seat of House Redwyne

A grandiose ship docks in the harbour, flying the banner of the Hightowers of Oldtown; their eponymous fortress looked akin to a spear piercing the clouds upon the blue horizon. After disembarking, the sizeable retinue makes their way towards the castles of the Redwynes: Ser Baelor and Lord Leyton himself are among them, as well as the two sons of Lord Redwyne, Horas and Hobber.

With Horas and Hobber safely landed in the Arbor, Paxter Redwyne could spring his trap. Things did not look out of the ordinary as a guard led the group through the corridors of the grand castle. In fact it looked unusually empty. Finally they stopped before a pair of great wooden doors which were swung open - and within they found a great throng of people. Fools in motley sprang out at them "Happy nameday!" they bellowed, belching fire in the next moment up into the vaulted ceiling. Musicians struck up a merry tune and Paxter came forward to hug his sons, who were smiling widely. "Were you surprised?" The two lads nodded stupidly. They were turning eleven, and Paxter had a weakness for spoiling them. Lord Redwyne's sister was already stumbling around drunk behind him, planting a wet kiss on each of the boys' foreheads. Paxter rose and turned to face the Hightower party."Welcome to the Arbor! Glad to see you faced no troubles on the voyage,please forgive me my little jape."

The handsome Ser Baelor chuckled and clapped, delighted at the display. Leyton himself smirked wryly, having expected something far more sinister upon entering the empty fortress. The Old Man of Oldtown looked leaner and paler than last Paxter had seen him, but nonetheless seemed in good enough health.

"Lord Redwyne. A fine show indeed, and a welcome change from the usual drabness of such social occasions."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Wonderful, wonderful." Paxter replied "Now I will see full cups in your hands." He ordered servants to bring flagons to the high table where he led his guests "I trust the lads' training is well in hand, this recent war certainly allowed them to get a taste of the campaign trail, though I thank the gods they went with us eastwards and not north." He shuddered to remember the carnage of that theatre of war. "Nonetheless, we must look the the future." he said raising a glass. "And I have some plans of my own to put in motion."

"They show some promise, my lord." Oldtown's heir responded politely as he took a seat at the high table, eager to quench his thirst with the nectar that was Arbor Gold. He had personally overseen their training at the quintain, as well as their scholarly lectures with the Archmaester. Being located next to the Citadel had its advantages.

"Indeed, the war is now behind us, praise the Seven."
    Chimed Lord Leyton in a reedy tone. A waste of life and money in the name of a lost cause. But such is the way of the world. "You have my attention, Lord Redwyne, if I may hear these plans of yours?"

Paxter got down to business. "The way I see it, the war went poorly because we lacked mobility. Much time was wasted on the march, and I prefer to take to sail myself. I plan to build the largest fleet the Realm has even seen, and I plan to use it in such a way the Realm has never seen. Large war galleys and ships will no doubt ensure the Reach's prowess at sea, but I also want marines for these ships so that they can menace coastal positions as well."

Baelor nodded in agreement; his own brother had, frustratedly, told him how the Westerlanders were allowed to utterly ravage the northern Reach without retribution, putting thousands to the sword through gruesome means of execution.

"You certainly have the resources at your disposal to do so, Lord Paxter. We too have studied the means of expanding Oldtown's naval power, which I believe, combined with your own, could even dwarf that of the Iron Islands when fully brought to bear." Leyton listened to his son intently, proud of Baelor and his ease in assuming the position as de facto master of Oldtown and head of House Hightower.

Paxter turned to the man "I am glad to hear it. I estimate that the Arbor shall be able to put close to eighty or more ships under sail, maybe less if I choose to incorporate regiments of aarchers and foot. I have sent my steward north to negotiate for northern timber to be shipped to aid in the construction. Seasoned wood will make better hulls I am told. Perhaps once this fleet is constructed we could test it against the old pirates, eh?" he said with a laugh

"A fine idea. I pray that Greyjoy does not gain the foolish notion that he can raid our shores without rebuke, with a mighty fleet such as this." Chuckled Baelor in response, before taking another swig of wine. "We have chosen to bolster our defences by land, with the eventual recruitment of a large force for both offensive and defensive purposes. I daresay the Reach should be quite secure if hostilities resume."

"And if they do, we will have new strategies to deploy against them. Ships played little role in the last war, I intend to change things." Redwyne said with a smile "Let us talk of other things as well. This feast is for my sons' twelfth nameday. In three years they will be men grown, and I must provide for their futures. I wish to wed my heir, Horas, to your family my lord. It will cement the alliance between our houses."
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; February 01, 2017 at 09:42 AM.

Baelor deferred to his father in this instance, deeming it improper to take ownership of the family. Leyton leaned forward slightly in his seat, wrinkled blue eyes gazing forwards intently.

"Of course, Lord Redwyne. My youngest Lynesse is already well acquainted with both of your sons, so it seems the stars have already aligned for such a match."

"I am pleased to hear it, Lord Leyton. Let us strike the betrothal then, and set the marriage time for the day of my son's majority or the date of Lynesse's flowering - whichever comes later." Paxter had the goblets refilled with a different vintage this time, a floral and oaky wine. He raised it "To the union of House Hightower and Redwyne."

Both raised their cups and echoed the toast, and then drained them of the sweet nectar. "May the Seven bless their union." Baelor chimed."