Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pisa Final Victory (All 199 Settlements, 9 Mongol Armies Defeated)

Default Re: "Victory" with Pisa

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    The negative factors thresholds (haven't checked this, just copying Alavaria's entry, I assume it's for squalor):
    07% City
    15% Large City
    35% Huge City
    Yeah, the settlement_mechanics file defines the tiers for upgrading in terms of population which makes intuitive sense. The growth%s you see there are simply what you need to grow to that point (so a Large City needs 35% growth to reach 80000 so you can upgrade it).

To verify, you can probably just edit your strat file so you have cities with 32000 and large cities with 80000, and then check what the squalor is (that's the number to beat). You might need 35% or 35.5% to actually get to 80000 cleanly and not stop at 79999 or something though.

Obviously if you have 34% growth and 2 points of squalor reduction, your large city will get to 80000 with a squalor of 34% (but if your governor leaves you'll see the unmodified 35%)
    Last edited by Alavaria; September 09, 2017 at 01:24 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: "Victory" with Pisa

Gigantus thinks that grain stands out as far as growth is concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The pop growth bonus of the grain trade resource is hard coded (and cumulative) - no detailed info afaik.

Default Re: "Victory": Pisa Prepares for Mongols (179/199 settlements)

In RTW there were attempts to replace the grain trade resource with something else (like furs with the icon swapped to grain) because otherwise the effect caused balancing issues.

In other news, I noticed the original first post got photobucketed so I just made new screenshots to show what the campaign looks like right now.

Spoiler for "Updated first post

Historically, when the Mongols swept into Europe, they encountered... well, not this:

In the year 1216, a long 85 years after the reemergence of Our Lady, the union controls 90% of the world's strategic points

The chosen Visconti family bear the burden of leadership in these times, as we prepare for the incoming invasion from the east.

When the Mongols arrive, they will likely tear through a Seljuk faction weakened by heavy fighting on its west. However to us, the Pisan Empire, the current conflict might as well be a training exercise before the Mongols reach our borders (after passing through the Seljuks, that is).

Unified under the commanding leadership of Our Lady of Mercy, the Deity of Unnumbered Wings, we will show the eastern horse lords a might they will never have encountered before.

A day of great judgement is coming. Countless numbers of soldiers stream to the east, towards the Eastern Defense Line projected to be somewhat within the (current) Seljuk lands.

When the enemy arrives, they will find us prepared!

Good, keep it up. I'll be interesting to see the whole map in one colour and the Mongols defeated. Are you going to play all those battles against them, or you'll autoresolve?

I wonder if the income / wealth counter may break. You've now 20 millions, but what if you get to a billion?

Concerning income two things stand out for me: 1. so little money from mining (1%)? 2. so much money from the merchants? you're micromanaging them so heavily (I think you've got like 150 of them)?

On our earlier discussion I understand that:
    - the resources other than grain don't matter at all, only GRAIN;
    - only IMPORT of grain matters,
    - we've seen values between 0 and 2% of additional growth from this source.

The further questions are:
    - is it only the import, what about if a province PRODUCES grain (and most likely exports it),
    - how does the amount of grain trade impact (ie. what's the relation with the "Increase in tradable goods" buildings' bonuses)
    - is there any cap or something what can be moded?

Good, keep it up. I'll be interesting to see the whole map in one colour and the Mongols defeated. Are you going to play all those battles against them, or you'll autoresolve?
    It'll have to be fought, you're looking at approx 5-7 stacks (Pisa) vs 13-19 stacks (Mongols).

2. so much money from the merchants? you're micromanaging them so heavily (I think you've got like 150 of them)?
    50, but in 3 "stacks". Never needed them though.

On our earlier discussion I understand that:
    - the resources other than grain don't matter at all, only GRAIN;
    - only IMPORT of grain matters,
    - we've seen values between 0 and 2% of additional growth from this source.

The further questions are:
    - is it only the import, what about if a province PRODUCES grain (and most likely exports it),
    - how does the amount of grain trade impact (ie. what's the relation with the "Increase in tradable goods" buildings' bonuses)
    - is there any cap or something what can be moded?
    Don't know about your game, but Dublin which only has furs and salt (or something) gets trade growth. It only exports these 2 via sea, and imports nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    50, but in 3 "stacks". Never needed them though.
    I don't understand: how do you stack them if there're no forts? Why only 50 - if you've got 180 settlements it means similar number of grain exchanges... (or you don't get it from castles? I don't remember)

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    Don't know about your game, but Dublin which only has furs and salt (or something) gets trade growth. It only exports these 2 via sea, and imports nothing...
    Interesting. Keep an eye on the other settlements, I'll check also in my game.

Default Pisa Final Victory (All 199 Settlements, 9 Mongol Armies Defeated)

After defeating 9 Mongol armies, the Pisans have unified the land. And now peace until the Timurids* arrive...

*Timurids not included

=============================================

The Mongols have arrived. Grabbing their foothold, they will find us ready...

Estimates suggest our total strength (???) is thrice theirs (9 stacks), and indeed every soldier is moving towards the great battle!
    Last edited by Alavaria; October 04, 2017 at 12:57 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123