Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wambat's Rhovanion Campaign LP

Default Re: Wambat's Rhovanion Campaign LP

Just thought I would update. I have been having a great deal of trouble recording of late. I think the ambient temperature may be an issue with winter coming to a close. I have my eye on a proper desktop, and part of me would prefer to wait until I have that established so I can devote several hours to producing each video, rather than several days. If I cannot make significant progress on this campaign before 3.3, I may just reconstruct the campaign using 3.3 and go from there.

I completely understand. I'd be tempted to wait for a more stable system, especially if that's not going to take too long. Either way, I'll definitely be watching!
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Good news and bad news:

I finally have my desktop set up, but have discovered that the GPU it came with will not support game-play in a 16x9 ratio. It did not occur to me that in 2017 we would still be producing GPUs that cannot handle a 16x9 ratio. This is very disappointing for me. I will have to record game-play in a very unattractive 4x3.

Fortunately, my desktop has no problems so far with game-play at all top visual settings (apart from resolution), so my LPs going forward will, at least, be able to do justice to the art in this mod. I will try to stretch the video to 16x9 in editing, but I fear this would degrade the image. We will just have to see.

This problem should be easily fixed with a simple GPU upgrade, but it may be a few months before I can work that upgrade into the family budget.

I hope to be able to produce at least one episode this weekend, though I am loath to make promises. My desktop came with new video editing software I am unfamiliar with, so that might slow things down. Let's just be happy with what we get.

Looking forward to it!

Ok, well, this seems to be even harder than I had expected. I cannot, at this point, make any predictions as to when I will be able to produce another LP. I will keep working at the problem (I worked at it all weekend) and will update when there is notable progress.
    Last edited by Wambat; September 25, 2017 at 06:11 AM.

Episode 8 is now published. You get the Full 2-hour episode and a shorter release featuring only the battles. Sound quality is not great in this episode, as I am just getting back into the swing of things and have a different setup from my previous episodes, however, there should be a marked improvement in the video quality.

There are links to the two releasesl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-YQa4w_NMo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hMdj8XNcig

If you would like to help promote the video, and the mod, please share the giveaway promotion link below:

http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/8b0716551/?

Excellent!

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Nice work Wambat!
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Episode 9 is now published. A more modest 80-minute episode, and a shorter release featuring only the battles. Should have good sound quality on this one. Let me know if you find any issues I may have overlooked in the editing. I am still getting used to this again.

There are links to the two releases:

Epidose 9

Episode 9 Battle Only

Another raffle to promote the video and mod. This one is mobile friendly. Please share wherever you can think of, and join in the raffle yourselves, of course:

State of Anarchy
    Last edited by Wambat; November 07, 2017 at 11:13 PM.

Great news

I'm curious how many people go for the battle-only option? I've been watching the full campaign + battles versions; can't imagine skipping the campaign stuff, since that has (IMO) the most innovative stuff. But I'm more of a campaign guy than a battle guy overall, and probably I'm in the minority there.

Blog Entries

Personally if it was me I'd be doing campaign only episodes instead of battle only, i wouldn't really be one to watch a battle episode, but maybe some are
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

I am, myself, subscribed to several Let's Play channels, and many of the most popular of them concentrate heavily on battles, cutting out most of the campaign sequences if they show them at all. These channels are pretty popular, so I have to conclude that a large number of Let's Play watchers are tuning in for the battles.

I want to publish my campaign in its entirety, but I also want my Let's Plays to help promote the mod, so I am hoping the battle only episodes will be attractive to those only interested in battles. It is not really slowing down my production schedule. I need the extra time anyway to figure out how to better promote my videos.

Can anyone here think of some good places I should be posting promotions, like the raffles? Are there any good LoTR forums/websites that would be receptive?

There is some TW center group on facebook so that's an option. But I haven't digged into it deeply enough to tell how much traffic is going on there.

Funny that people are more into battles. For me it's exactly the opposite both when playing and watching, simply because they take so much time. I enjoy the buildup part much more and usually end campaigns because I have to repeat the same battle over and over again (e.g. at the crossing in South Ithilien).

Blog Entries

Well there's always the Org. And Reddit too I suppose. There wouldn't happen to be a Discord for TWC members would there?

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into them.

New Rhovanion campaign episode published; link below:

Full Episode: https://youtu.be/52ejZapsi2E

Battles Only: https://youtu.be/5YpaU_NlicA

Enter and share the raffle for this episode; link below:

http://gvwy.io/m7or96h

Nice move there with Adunabar

Quote Originally Posted by Dáin II View Post
    Nice move there with Adunabar
    Thank you. I do try. I do like to demonstrate unorthodox tactics to help others improve their game experience. I was able to record three episodes this weekend, I am going to continue to publish them one a week and use the time to try to record some instructional videos based on the Diplomacy Guide and Tactical/Strategic tip threads.

Episode 11 of the Rhovanion campaign now published; link below:

Full Episode: https://youtu.be/6rVXJ8rU5nQ

Battles Only: https://youtu.be/2HV_QUKv6fs

I think I am more embarrassed by this episode than I am the episodes preceding my return to production. It took so long for me to get a battle to occur that the unedited video ran over 3.5 hours. I didn't want to cut out parts of the gameplay, so I compressed just about every second that lacked commentary to get it down to less than 2.25 hours, and this has made the video rather ugly. Future episodes should not have this problem, so I hope you will bear with me.

Enter and share the raffle for this episode; link below:

http://gvwy.io/m7or96h
    Last edited by Wambat; November 26, 2017 at 02:48 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast