Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wambat's Rhovanion Campaign LP

Default Re: Wambat's Rhovanion Campaign LP

Episode 4 part 1 and part 2 are up.

Hate those moments too when buildings get damaged. At least the repair price goes down considerably when the dominion building is up. Your crowdfunding approach is very, very impressive. What was that? Some 20000 mirian for attacking independent people? Nice one!

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    I am doing something wrong: I am recording video LPs on a laptop, and not a top of the line one either. Every guide I have read on recording video LPs using a laptop have had this piece of advice to offer: Don't.

Do you find me audible in my recordings thus far? If not, let me know which videos (or which segments of which videos) need sound levels adjusted.
    My apologies wambat it was not my intention to give you false hope, I have never used a laptop for LP's so I was not aware of the severity of the cooling problem. I have done a little bit of research and there is a way to reduce heat but whether it would be sufficient enough to help I cannot be sure. I will get back to you on that. Audibly you are fine, a very calming voice actually, in fact so calm it's horizontal

Update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-5jvB3dwo I found this video, hopefully it may be of some help.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; February 14, 2017 at 08:39 PM. Reason: typos as usual
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Thanks Saul. No knowledge is bad knowledge. I find your narration quite pleasing as well. I wish you had more FATW videos going up, but I know other mods need love too.

Another thing any of my viewers can do to help me out is try out the annotations when I first put up a video. I sometimes do not put them in quite right and it would be helpful to be alerted when I have made a mistake.
    Last edited by Wambat; February 14, 2017 at 11:13 PM.

If you mean the placement of your annotations, I would say they are fine, the main thing is not to obstruct the view your video, bottom or top edges are best. As for putting out more videos, I am beta testing for the RTR Project team on their v4.0 release atm and there are many Gitlab pushes over the course of the week. I have 3 factions and at 20-50 turns testing changes per faction, plus 3 other LP's to make, it requires a lot of my free time.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; February 15, 2017 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    If you mean the placement of your annotations, I would say they are fine ...
    More to check if they work when clicked and are taking you to the right part of the video.

I don't know if this is fixed or not, but a year ago there was an issue where the timestamp procured through the mini-video clip on the annotations-making page would be off by like half a minute relative to the actual video, so I had to refer to the video itself to make the annotations. Although you're linking to the beginning of each video so that is irrelevant. And I'd make a note about my own laptop, but I'm sure ya'll have heard that many times already... yea...

More to check if they work when clicked and are taking you to the right part of the video.
    Aye they do and they are afaik thus far my friend

@Saul: Thxs for the QC.

@Tulkas: I had forgotten that you are using a laptop as well. You must have a much better one than, I considering your output.
    Last edited by Wambat; February 21, 2017 at 01:27 AM.

Episode 5 is up.

That was nice to watch again. A short note on Thrimfeld cause you mentioned in the video that you hoped to get Rhovanion Rangers there. This is not the case in the current version. Only the mercenary version is available. It's besides that an outland for Rhovanion, so you'll only get Woodmen Axes Levies and tier 1 Rhovanion units and in addition a super-long build-up time for the province. Personally, I don't find it worth to take it early in 3.2. If it was a fiefdom that would change a lot though. Currently my preferred choices are to either let the Beornings build it up before I take it or give it to the elves permanently (same with Holt, if the Beornings cause trouble). The easiest exploitable settlement for the wood-based construction discount is Heorth, as it is currently the only fiefdom with this resource and Dale will do a lot of the build-up work until you take it.

Yeah, it would make sense for Thrimfeld to be a Fiefdom for Rhovanion (especially if Heorth is a fiefdom for them... ).

The Brown Lands is the only province you'll be able to train the Rhovanion Rangers. My reasoning for arguing for that setup was that they shouldn't be too prominent a unit for the faction (Rhovanion is ostensibly about cavalry, and also they should just be plain hard ), and given their (pseudo) Dunedanic heritage their traditions of guerrilla warfare & resistance might have survived better near the River/Dagorlad (since the enemies of the RK wouldn't really be threatening the East Bight all that much; any Rangers in that region would at best survive as poorly organized merc bands or else become absorbed into the Woodmen culture).
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Thanks for the advice on Thrimfeld. I am not sure whether or not I will take it. That may depend on how long it takes my other neighbors to attack me. I am pretty sure if I do take it, that attack will come all the more swiftly.

So let's see, who will pounce first...

Dale? Sometimes they can manage to get peace with North Rhun, leaving them free to head south. Alternatively, Dorwinion might take Gaurgaul/Garth, leaving Dale no other outlet. Or they might attack you before either of those things happens.

Beornings? Usually they don't get very strong, but that won't prevent them from striking out, usually at Thrimfeld or Mid-deeping.

Adunabar? May hit you in Mid-deeping (or Rhovanost, if they take the Brown Lands first).

Now, you like to take the initiative, not sit around waiting to be attacked. So I guess the real question is, who are you going to pick as your target?

Episode 5 is up.

Another informative and mainly enjoyable video my friend, it was good to see you have found a way to make an improved recording......but that pause button malfunction during battles needs attending to

My guess is Dale. Dorwinion is already gone, Adunabar holds Mid-Deeping. Don't see them start a war over Rhovanost, unless they get a ceasefire with Rohan/RK. The Beornings might attack, but I have never experienced that before the war with Dale started. Since Wambat doesn't hold Thrimfeld and Mid-Deeping yet, I don't see the Beornings start a war before Dale. North Rhun could attack as well, but they have more survival issues, so I doubt they will do so. So if it's not Dale, it must be Wambat who attacks first. Curious what you'll pick! The best next choices in my opinion are Mid-Deeping, Burne, or Narag Zigil (by purchase before the war with Dale starts).

Episode 6 up.

I am enjoying the speculations. Machiavellian as I may seem, I am not one to be the first to back-stab an ally. But, I am not above tricking an ally into backstabbing me. My money is on Adunabar taking a stab at Rhovanost, or Lith-morchant possibly. I am certainly ill prepared in my other theaters. I am hoping to record episode 7 tonight, if I can avoid any medical emergencies.

Yes, avoid medical emergencies! Hope everything's all right.

Great to see this up; I'll watch as soon as I can.

I've never really tried tricking an ally into backstabbing me. There are a few cases where I can be fairly certain it is going to happen (playing as Rhun, there seems to be little chance that you can stay at peace w/ Adunabar, for example), but I've never actively tried to maneuver it in that direction.

Episode 7 part 1 and part 2 are up.

I swear, I am just not meant to produce more than one episode a week. This episode was actually recorded over a week ago, about 24 hours after the release of episode 6, but a copyright claim and my own bumbling have held me in editing and rendering hell for interminable days. Nevertheless, I persevere!

Episode 7 part 1 and part 2 are up.

I swear, I am just not meant to produce more than one episode a week. This episode was actually recorded over a week ago, about 24 hours after the release of episode 6, but a copyright claim and my own bumbling have held me in editing and rendering hell for interminable days. Nevertheless, I persevere!
    Have no fear young man, Spielberg had similar problems when he started out
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 11, 2017 at 03:32 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast