Thread: Save corruption

Default Save corruption

I had darthmod for about 2 weeks before my saves started getting corrupted / end turn crash. It's gotten so bad I will usually get an end turn crash on my 1st or 2nd turn in a campaign and if I do succeed, all my saves will suffer from end turn crashes too. I got tired of this, so I bought Napoleon and downloaded darthmod for it, and it crashed on the 5th turn.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Save corruption

Welcome, sokeim45. I experienced the save game corruption too when using DarthMod. Uninstalling the game and reinstalling it did not fix the problem (even when I played the game without mods). The solution which worked for me is explained here.

I'll try to do exactly what you said.

I started a new american campaign, and when going from the 2nd to the 3rd turn, after all factions rotated, it crashed.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds the problem which you are experiencing is bigger than one the problem which I had. The solution which I linked to has fixed save game corruption for me several times and the game did not crash at the end of turns. (On one occasion, it only worked after I removed the preferences file a second time.)

Presumably you have tried checking that you installed DarthMod correctly, verified the integrity of your ETW game files and tried uninstalling and re-installing DarthMod? If so, then hopefully one of the DarthMod experts can hep you - I am sorry for not being able to solve the problem. If they cannot help you, then you could try a different mod (for example, Empire Total Factions contains DarthMod AI and unlocks minor and emergent factions, without most of the other DarthMod features; using ETF, I have not experienced save game corruption.) Having said that, lots of people play DarthMod, so there must be a way to make it work without the end of turn crash problem which you described - hopefully someone else can provide a solution.

I reinstalled darthmod, and it's even worse, I did not make it past 1st turn.

I have been using darthmod, no save file corruption. Did you install it correctly?

That's the funny part, when I installed it for the first time, I installed the patch incorrectly and it worked. I've reinstalled Darthmod about 7 or 8 times by now, correctly, and it's doing this.

This issue has still not been resolved. I tried starting a new late campaign with Spain, and I had an end turn crash on the 1st turn.