Thread: Recruiting people who knows how to work with Blender/Milkshape 3D for GoT:TW!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Recruiting people who knows how to work with Blender/Milkshape 3D for GoT:TW!

Hello, me and VltimaRatio are looking for people who knows how to handle programs like Milkshape3D and Blender. VltimaRatio has recently sent me his files that he's been working on! But some of the models weren't rigged or are missing their TV-show faces. As i am not good with such programs we thought about finding someone else who could do it.

This is what we need:

1. Hero-models for the factions in Game of Thrones:Total War - they need faces like in the TV-show. We need someone who knows how to add portraits on-top of the facial textures, as Vltima will be away for a few months i am looking for someone else who could do this.

2. Unit-models for the Wildlings, Umbers and a few others have only a basic model with maybe two different weapons -we'll need someone who could add more weapons to the model. The weapons are provided but we just need someone who could do this in the Milkshape or the Blender-programs. Things like erasing the body of another model and saving the weapon, and then importing the weapon for the models missing such a weapon. - (I have learnt how to do this now!)

Here is a text i wrote two days ago on the MODDB-page:

"LOOKING for someone to help import models into the game, they don't have to be modellers, just have some experience editing M2 units in milkshape.

This is things like skeleton rigging and adding/changing weapons that already exist. (- I have learnt how to do the last one myself!)

Even though faces didn't turn out that bad someone with more experience texturing things like that would be a help.

IF ANYONE could be of HELP adding unique voices to the MOD we could use that too - and finally remove the "for England"-vanilla voices from the mod!"

Without help we can't add new voices, character portraits to hero-model faces nor add more than two different kinds of wildling and Nights Watch-units in the next release (we only have a spear-unit and another unit). We really would want more variations in weapons. The Umbers are also in need of rigging as well as maybe some other model.

Edit: VltimaRatio gave me this explanation regarding weapons:

"
    It's just a matter of deleting everything but the weapons in one unit (milkshape), exporting that as wavefront, importing to second unit (they'll be in the right place already), assigning weapons to the right joint and adding a comment for the group so the game knows how to load it. Then delete the duplicate materials so there's just figure and attachments in the box and save it as something else. Takes a minute really."

And as for the heroes:

"H
    opefully we can find a head modeller. If they could just add heads to the armor closest to what they should have (as a separate group in the ms3d file) I could adjust the armor later and just leave the head. Then they could be used as strat models too."
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 18, 2017 at 07:36 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Recruiting people who knows how to work with Blender/Milkshape 3D for GoT:TW!

Any help in skeleton riging for the Unsullied and hero-models are still appreciated - as well as anyone who wants to do voices or add portraits for the battle-model faces to the heroes.

But the most important thing would be help with riging the models left unfinished.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 18, 2017 at 08:05 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal