Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Announcement] 1.2 Open Beta Released!

Default Re: [Announcement] 1.2 Open Beta Released!

Hello guys!Well first of all great work from all of you guys,the mod has some really nice features.Now i played with syracuse and seleucid empire.first things i saw in the syracusan campaign is that there are middle eastern faces and beard in hellenic units(and not just the syracusans)you have to fix that.Also use beards from the wos maybe,they are hellenes,with the middle eastern beards they look like middle easterns.Second the hellenic units of syracuse use way to much italic helmets etc. on the contary italians used more hellenic helmets and armor.Hellens didnt use almost any!Now with the seleucid empire first thing i noticed is that they start with one building in every city exept antioch i think it has 2 This is bad also especially if its on purpose.Second economy,The economy is !!I have this huge empire and i'm making 1700-2300???RL??I had to build a tone of buildings to earn around 3600-4400!Not good guys.Third the biggest issue,PUBLIC ORDER!!I mean ok its good to try to control our state or empire and have some internal problems but that rediculous!My campaign is focused around how to contain the public order,all my building are for that,i have governors,champions i use the patrol stance on my armies but NOPE!Nothing,guys this is too much,you have to turn this thing down a little,its frustrating and no fun at all..:/Oh the seleucid empire also have many middle eastern faces in the ''Hellenic'' units and i mean the hellenic like royal guards etc.Thats it for now,Cheers!

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

First off. Parts of your post would be classified as a bug report/feedback. Use the appropriate threads for this.
    Second, other players seem to have no problems with the economy so perhaps its not us who havent done a good job, but you who still need to learn.
    As for the PO, again, some players dont have problems and like what we did. But if you are struggling try the "Reduced Squalor" submod.

For the beards and faces, the "eastern beards" look like mediterranian and eastern style, so we use them for both (and even some barbarian units). Just because they are named eastern doesn't mean they dont look right on greeks. (Plus the WoS beards are ok but a bit limited). The faces are because I used a few "eastern" faces to represent southern italians as being more tanned and maybe mixed cultures with Punics, Sicilians etc. (The romans have these too). Again these faces look fine as a mediterranian face, and some of the normal greek ones are too pale anyway. All we have done is add a larger and more natural variety to the units. Not 100% of a hoplite unit would have then same exact face and a long spartan beard...

The helmets are there to show a regional variety from mainland greeks, and as Syracuse/Tarentum are surrounded by Italics, Samnites, Sicels etc makes sense there was more local variety for the equipment. If you want a more fully Greek looking faction play a mainland Greek faction (but not macedon or Epirus as they have illyrian and Thracian influences, try athens or sparta). Not sure why local variety is a bad thing though...?
    Last edited by Don_Diego; January 15, 2017 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampraciotis View Post
    Hello guys!Well first of all great work from all of you guys,the mod has some really nice features.Now i played with syracuse and seleucid empire.first things i saw in the syracusan campaign is that there are middle eastern faces and beard in hellenic units(and not just the syracusans)you have to fix that.Also use beards from the wos maybe,they are hellenes,with the middle eastern beards they look like middle easterns.Second the hellenic units of syracuse use way to much italic helmets etc. on the contary italians used more hellenic helmets and armor.Hellens didnt use almost any!Now with the seleucid empire first thing i noticed is that they start with one building in every city exept antioch i think it has 2 This is bad also especially if its on purpose.Second economy,The economy is !!I have this huge empire and i'm making 1700-2300???RL??I had to build a tone of buildings to earn around 3600-4400!Not good guys.Third the biggest issue,PUBLIC ORDER!!I mean ok its good to try to control our state or empire and have some internal problems but that rediculous!My campaign is focused around how to contain the public order,all my building are for that,i have governors,champions i use the patrol stance on my armies but NOPE!Nothing,guys this is too much,you have to turn this thing down a little,its frustrating and no fun at all..:/Oh the seleucid empire also have many middle eastern faces in the ''Hellenic'' units and i mean the hellenic like royal guards etc.Thats it for now,Cheers!
    It sounds like you may be new to DeI so you may want to read up on our systems and go to the gameplay forum for tips on how to build up economically and handle public order, etc. 1.2 is a bit harder in these things to start, but most players have a large cash flow once they are larger empires. Diplomacy, trade agreements, building up specific infrastructure/specialized regions etc are all very important. This mod is designed to be difficult and complex, so it may not be for everyone.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks to everyone who has given feedback and bug reports - its been a long week or so but we have had hundreds of fixes. I think I may have burnt myself out modding so much but 1.2 is really coming together nicely. I will have another update tomorrow or so with more fixes.

So far this has been one of our most stable releases yet which is something of a miracle considering we rebuilt the campaign and battles from the bottom up and added an all new complex scripted population system I felt like 1.1 was a great, well balanced game and yet we took the risk to break it apart in order to keep pushing and improving.

Thanks again for all the reports and testing help.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 15, 2017 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?494576-Ampraciotis"
    Ampraciotis[/URL]] I have this huge empire and i'm making 1700-2300???RL??I had to build a tone of buildings to earn around 3600-4400!Not good guys.

Ok, That no one come say that economi its so hard and ridiculous.... clairely its you who dont know how to do...Look, me my economi is flourishing:

Prouve in picture

Secondly, same thing, stop to say PO it's so hard; yes its hard, its long in reality to control a country.... but if you build the goods buildings, PO will reduce; i have no problem for that.

Look, i play Sparta so its a hard campaign in start and look my empire, my money...no problem guy

In start, no need to have a big army; recruit only dozen units or 10 not more, wait some turns to win money and just before engage ennemi in the battlefield, recruit more mercenaries to try to win the battle and after that, disban your mercenaries.
    With this solution, you can win money because you do not have much soldier to maintain and after to have conquert some lands, you can start to build your empire with the good building

I like the mod very much its an WHOLE NEW GAME for me

Also the next update will have some fairly severe economic penalties at higher imperium levels, just to warn everyone This will be to offset the fact that our increased building income has made the mid/late game economy easy.

Very good. Yes, it must become a bit harder at mid/late game to get money. In late game, it gets easy to drown in it.

Ok so first of all i didnt say anything to be mean just sharing my thoughts.Second i'm preety much in the beginning of the campaigns and the economy is bad,if i conquer all of asia i will too have a good economy.The PO i dont know i find it a bit rediculous cause the main concern in this campaign is to hadle the po issues and not be able to plan for somethig else.I like having this internal problebms but..And no i'm not new to the mod i played 1.1 before.As for the faces i agree with variety and yes Hellenes were and still are some more dark colored but the characteristics on the face are middle eastern,but anyway that maybe small things but i dont liked it when i saw it but that my opinion.Now the helmets(btw i'm Hellene and i know some staff that i'm telling you)there are more hellenic helmets that had been modified by italians and used by them as for armor shield etc. but hellenes didnt use that much italic helmets, i agree to use them but for instance the phroura tyranou unit for syracuse a hellenic royal guard unit use almost 5o%(maybe more)italic helmets.
    This is a modified corinthian helmet the was widely spread and used by southern italians
    https://www.google.gr/imgres?imgurl=...act=mrc&uact=8
    This is a modified chalkidian helmet
    This is an attic helmet used by romans
    Macedonians and the rest of Hellens had infulances by the thracians so did they from the hellens but from the illirians no!The only other foreign infulance the hellens had was the thureos shield from the celts.The illirian helmet is only by the name illirian it was made in argos ita a hellenic helmet widely used by the illirians.Anyway i can keep going forever i,know my history really good i have studied alot into it.I like the mod alot overall and the man power system is great,oh and one question about that.If I dispand a unit the number of man that i dispanded goes back in the population?

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    For the beards and faces, the "eastern beards" look like mediterranian and eastern style, so we use them for both (and even some barbarian units). Just because they are named eastern doesn't mean they dont look right on greeks. (Plus the WoS beards are ok but a bit limited). The faces are because I used a few "eastern" faces to represent southern italians as being more tanned and maybe mixed cultures with Punics, Sicilians etc. (The romans have these too). Again these faces look fine as a mediterranian face, and some of the normal greek ones are too pale anyway. All we have done is add a larger and more natural variety to the units. Not 100% of a hoplite unit would have then same exact face and a long spartan beard...

The helmets are there to show a regional variety from mainland greeks, and as Syracuse/Tarentum are surrounded by Italics, Samnites, Sicels etc makes sense there was more local variety for the equipment. If you want a more fully Greek looking faction play a mainland Greek faction (but not macedon or Epirus as they have illyrian and Thracian influences, try athens or sparta). Not sure why local variety is a bad thing though...?
    Could be wrong here, but weren't Spartans clean shaven so there wasn't anything to grab on in combat? I know Romans had that rationale and I thought the Spartans were similar due to that rationale.
    Historical aide for Divide et Impera (DeI). I'm not cool enough for image signatures.

Lets not have another beards debate, it may degenerate into an all out forum war!

No buddy.Spartans let the beard and hair grow thei only shaved the mustache.Beards and long hair showed prestige(not only in sparta) spartans also had made their hairs with 8 braids 4 fall down in the back and 2 on each side on the shoulders or chest.Phillip the second and Alexander the great first made that change in their army,that men should shaved so they could not get grabed by the beards and hair,only some hight ranking officers and generals of the old school let their beards and hair intact.This costume then past to te romans.

lucamafra's Avatar Foederatus

I am extremely impressed with what you guys managed to do with the game... I mean, you are implementing things I never thought were possible to be implemented or messed with. From the new depth of the gameplay (and attention to historycal details) to the workarounds with the battle AI, this update is genuinelly outstanding — especially considering DeI already was the best available mod for Rome II in my opinion.

From someone with no modding skills but in love with the franchise ever since the first contact with total war games: thank you, you guys are awesome

Bruno_Magno's Avatar Foederatus

Is it possible to implement the War Weariness from CharleMagne to the MOD?

You have outdone yourselves. Seriously you turned a pile of hot garbage into a worthy successor to RTW. But you all already know this.

Okey so now that i moved a bit with my campaigns the po is good,but in the beginning its a pain in the ass.Still you havent answer me is it on purpose that when you start the campaign the cities have only one building in them?Now i wanna go back to the apperance of the hellenic units of syracuse.Guys you have to realise something,the italian helmets armor shields etc wasnt so wide spread!!!They were used only by italians!There is no reference to hellenes use italic armor etc.And why would they?Cuse in the other hand the hellenic armor helmets weapons was widely spread not only in the medditeranen,but in whole known world!!Yeah i like variaty,but you have syracuse with all italic units,and ok the hired italians but the hellenic units have also weapons etc italic.This is wrong!Like the sicilian macherophoroi the supposed to be hired and trained by the syracusans to fight for them and inly logical thing is that they equipped them,but no they too use italic armament.Now for the appearence,you told me that you wanted variaty thats why you made all Hellenes look like persians and middle eaterns and that the wos beards was limited.But for the italians i guess they were not limited cause you used in all of them wos beards and not even one of them have middle eastern face!!!They are meditarenian ppl too dont they????Come on ppl please....And dont take this like i'm hostile to you,its just my way on pointing things.Dresden i love your mods but pls fix this.If you want some help in research for hellenic factions and units i can help you.Peace!

You seem to be very concerned with beards and such I suggest you try to enjoy the game and not get quite so focused on one specific thing like that. We have added various variety around the areas as we could.

We aren't done with Hellenic factions yet, as we have said many times - their overhaul is not in the beta right now.

Well first of all thanks for having the time to reply.Now i wanna say that you havent answered any of my quastions,second i dont know what changes you have made in Hellenic factions.But i'll just say this,first make Hellenes look like Hellenes!Second put the proper armament in every unit and use the as they ment to be and not like you wish to be italian fan boy I enjot the mod as it is but this little things count(little thing is the beards not the armament)The details make the differance.

I am not really sure what you mean by Italian fan boy. If you are referring to some of the Syracuse units, we have added some more local sicilian/italian looks to them to try to add variety and a little more realism. Who knows what these people really looked like exactly anyway?

I am not on the unit team, I was simply trying to respond in a positive manner. I realize details are important and are what many people enjoy about the mod. But, in my personal opinion, some people seem to be overly focused/obsessed with myopic details on very specific units/factions. I understand why and appreciate that people have their favorites and their focus. But, for me this mod is more about the overall experience and gameplay aspect. I feel like a lot of people just load up battles and look at textures - which I understand may be something they enjoy.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast