Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Announcement] 1.2 Open Beta Released!

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [Announcement] 1.2 Open Beta Released!

I'm a bit confused about the Roman houses. Considering patricians were nobles, why are they separate to each other?

DeI is generally more performance intensive than vanilla / other mods.

@Zombie if you read the descriptions, Nobiles represent Plebeians who have had a consul in the family. We had a hard time coming up with a good split for our Romans. My preference would be to have families if we could assign names properly.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 08, 2017 at 01:53 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Ah, I understand now. At first I thought it meant both patricians and plebeians with a consul in the family, but I get it now. Thanks!

Is Syracuse supposed to eventually declare war on Rome? I don't feel it makes much sense for them to do so considering the tensions on the island. They don't end up doing anything anyways.

Also, I feel that making rebel armies have garrison units is a waste considering all the more interesting regional units you put in that could be used in their place.

Consider; the player fights garrison units all the time and also fights with them a fair amount as well. Wouldn't it be better for the rebels you fight to show off some of the more obscure units from the AOR that are rarely in play because the player or AI has better alternatives for their army?

Rebels, I believe, are not meant to stand up to armies. They are meant to spawn in location that don't have an army present, raid to lower income and public order, and then capture a town when they aren't dealt with quick enough. They don't have to be balaced to go toe to toe with a proper force.
    Last edited by SacremPyrobolum; January 08, 2017 at 04:50 PM.

Yeah, I may go through and improve them some more. The primary issue used to be that we had good units in those rebellions and they would spawn with triple silver chevron xp recruits, all elites, etc. So we decided to use garrison units instead. I have gone through and added some local options for various factions, but I can do that some more so the emergent factions have a more interesting roster when they spawn initially.

Why give them silver chevrons at all?

Its not something we can mod.

Replenishment remains an enigma. I have an army in my capital with plenty of plebs and patricians and they say they don't have enough to replenish my troops yet I could recruit a whole new cohort of the same unit.

I think you made this a bit more complicated than it should...

Is the AI at least beholden to these rules as well?

Also, I had multiple instances where it said public order was going up but next turn a rebellion spawned.
    Last edited by SacremPyrobolum; January 08, 2017 at 10:41 PM.

Fleets cause negative public order when garrisoned, just to warn you about that - as the message says when they are put in port.

Replenishment requires enough supplies and enough population for each unit in the army, that is all.

The modifier on my army says I am not being reinforced because of a lack of population, not a lack of supplies.

Biarchus

Once again DEI delivers the goods and outshines the rest for Rome2.

1.2 is an amazing addition. I'm about 50 turns into a Carthage campaign and I have never been so immersed. I like a nice slow campaign and I can tell the difference. I haven't been attacked once(I've really been trying to be diplomatic), except for slave rebellion's which I want to get my armies experience, but yet I can see other nations building everything around me. I know the day of truth is coming!

The look and feel of the campaign is astounding. The Augustus map looks gorgeous. The unit cards are perfect.

The population system is a wonderful addition. I love it.

I really enjoy how you have to think a few moves ahead in building your infrastructure.

What an amazing job the DEI Team has done again. With DEI there will never be a reason to put Rome2 on the shelf.

Thank you so much for your efforts.

Is the auxiliarry/AOR map out of date? I couldn't get my beloved Hippes in Sicily

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Whats the difference between downloading this mod from the TWC then of steam?

Protector's Avatar Senator

I already tried a couple of times to go with Macedon in my campaign (which got now with beta 1.2 one single region only).
    But always I loose, steamrolled by my neighbors. Even with trade and no assault pakts they declare war on me and attack me together. After focus on economy first I am able to maintain a half stack army.

Did anyone try and expand with Macedon successfully ? If so pls give me your advice.

Thx in advance.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    Whats the difference between downloading this mod from the TWC then of steam?
    The fact that the one on steam is version 1.1 whereas the version on TWC is the beta release of 1.2 ..
    Frankly you would have known this if you had spent a minute or two reading either the OP of this thread or the Download and Installation thread

Updated 1.2 Beta with more fixes/changes! Make sure to download the new part 1 if you are using 1.2

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...UPDATED-JAN-10

Bruno_Magno's Avatar Foederatus

First of all i want to congratulate and thank you guys for this excellent work.
    But i found some details during the game that deserve to be mentioned.
    1- In Latin province, the population indicator and the growth meter appear to overlay each other.
    2- The AI don't appear to suffer the continuous penalties i faced during my campaign. It is frequent to find an AI controlled settlement with an increase of 20 in the public order even when it is the only settlement that faction has in the province, and even with a army inside the city. It makes my attempt to raid(and force a revolt) the province fruitless because it causes only -10 in the public order.
    3- The population inside the province pay taxes(and increase/decrease the income)? Like in older Total War? It would be great if that was the case.

Well guys, that is all for now.
    Thanks for the excellent MOD, im having good moments with it.

1. This is a known issue, it comes from modding the UI.
    2. Yes, the AI gets bonuses or they would be no challenge at all. The AI would not understand the garrisoning PO system so they are not affected by it.
    3. Population does impact income a bit.

Also I want to take a second to say thanks to everyone who continues to give feedback in our feedback/bugs thread. We have fixed a ton of issues over the last week, thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Also I want to take a second to say thanks to everyone who continues to give feedback in our feedback/bugs thread. We have fixed a ton of issues over the last week, thanks guys!
    We also thanks for your team,you solve these bugs and release patch very quickly!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast