Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Announcement] 1.2 Open Beta Released!

Default Re: [Announcement] 1.2 Open Beta Released!

I haven't been this excited for a mod release in years. I'm so ready.

Are you going to work on the new emergent factions? or just leave them as they are?

I am not really sure what you mean? But they have our custom rosters, general, etc. assigned as they should for various factions.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

I've been waiting for this for months, and it's finally here. Bless you, Dresden! Just wondering, are there any changes to Roman units? Any new helmets or something?

I think almost all units got some sort of work, but Romans may have had the least since they were already so fully developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I am not really sure what you mean? But they have our custom rosters, general, etc. assigned as they should for various factions.
    Just saw some odd cultures from the new rebelling factions. Kypros had Persian culture (religion) for example. Maybe they were Persian at that time, i'm not sure. But if many other new emergent factions are out of place I imagine it would take far too much effort to look them and change them all.

Some of them represent local cultures rather than the original owning culture. That one is probably unintentional though

me, money is tight. Is that done to slow down the player? It feel weird with 4 turns per game. And the AI seems to be able to ignore it, a barbarian village has a full stack, a small navy, and another general just hanging out outside the settlement. Are they just cruising on the massive income boost they get at the beginning? I'm playing on normal.

Is it important to specialize regions beyond just developing their unique resources (salt, wine, slaves). Only some of the modifiers local to a village or city are shown, so I can't really know how to specialize.

Speaking of modifiers, it says my units aren't replenishing because of disease, but there is no modifier showing that at the province screen and I have a food surplus.

Also, when I attacked Syracuse some of my units had pathing issues when attacking a unit of hoplites that got off their boats outside the walls. I'd tell them to attack and they'd run out in-front of a hostile tower with a red arrow pointing there.

Speaking of Syracuse, wish there was some warning that taking it would start a war with Carthage. I had to suffer through one of CA's dreaded seige "battles" watching low tier spear units gently poking low tier spear units on a wall for a good 20 minutes only to find I made a huge mistake!
    Last edited by SacremPyrobolum; January 08, 2017 at 01:14 AM.

If you don't have enough supplies or population, you will have replenishment problems. Money is indeed tight, 1.2 is more difficult than 1.1, we will see how balancing goes as we continue the beta. The AI always will have some bonus, or it would get steamrolled. You definitely want to specialize and build up economic regions and use diplomacy/trade routes.

Yeah, as Rome taking Syracuse will start a war with Carthage. There are triggers to have a war with those 2 factions, otherwise they become permanent allies in the game due to the starting situation. I probably need to add a warning somehow about that, but its difficult because there is no real precursor to taking syracuse other than, well...taking it Currently the only way war will happen if either are a player faction is Rome as the player taking syracuse. Maybe I should disable that, or come up with a warning of some type.

Basically, if Rome owns southern italy and invades sicily, then that upsets carthage.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 08, 2017 at 01:18 AM.

Another thing I just noticed is that Italian rebels have garrison swordsmen in their armies. Is this intentional? Seems weird.

In addition, the one region power in Medhlan has agents in the double digits. Now I did edit the PACK to allow rome to recruit more agents, but only 4 at 1 imperium and only 20 of each max.
    Last edited by SacremPyrobolum; January 08, 2017 at 02:05 AM.

All rebel armies use garrison troops for the most part, with a few special units for some factions.

After playing a little while more I really feel like whatever bonus the AI gets in terms of upkeep needs to be nerfed. A single Gaulic village can support two stacks when I can only support as many with 2 whole provinces and a half. I know my units are more expensive, but not by much.

I think we can finally start scaling back AI bonuses especially on lower difficulties now that we have new systems in 1.2 that add difficulty for the player.

Pavlik the Rus's Avatar Civitate

Hi.
    How civil wars in this version happening?

Under patronage of respectable MARCVS
    Надо чаще встречаться
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58644

Just like in the vanilla game. It can happen multiple times if your influence gets too high

Thank you for all.

It's been years since I last played Rome 2. I guess it's time to get back in. Thank you DeI team for all your hard work trough the years. You really made a broken game epic.

congrats on a release. is it possible to fortify minor settlements at all, build walls (thats the single most off-putting feature of Rome 2 for me)? thanks.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

No it is not. We could add walls to minor settlements but they would use the battle map of the nearby major city. So if you fought in Sparta, you would actually be fighting in Athens.

How is the performance on ultra/extreme?

I experienced major performance drops while playing this mod a year ago. Contrary to less intensive/extensive mods that just ran the same as vanilla.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast