Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Announcement] 1.2 Open Beta Released!

Icon4 [Announcement] 1.2 Open Beta Released!

1.2 Divide et Impera: Open Beta Release

--> DOWNLOAD THREAD <--
    (Not save compatible with 1.1)

> Collection of 1.2 Previews <

Overview
    - To be clear, this is a beta in many ways - it will change as we go and will have bugs to report. I will do my best to make updates after this initial release save compatible as I always do. Submods and 1.1 itself will not be compatible with this version until they are updated to 1.2. For those who do participate in this open beta, please leave feedback and bug reports in the appropriate threads to help us perfect the version.
    - After a year of work and a lot of anticipation, we finally have a release version for everyone to enjoy here on TWC. This is an exclusive beta release for all of you on the TWC forums who have helped and supported us throughout the years to make this mod great. 1.2 will eventually be on Steam but not anytime soon, so if you want to try it out this is the place to get it!
    - There are a TON of features and overhauls in this version. We initially did not even know if we were going to have a version after 1.1 and only planned a few small updates. Well, of course, that snowballed into the release we have today. In many ways, this is the largest and most expansive update we have had yet for DeI. This is not all that is planned for 1.2 and there are still things being developed. But, this is a mostly complete version for testing.
    - The highlights of this update include the Population system, an overhauled Grand Campaign and map, many new faction overhauls, overhauled battle mechanics, and much, much more! I want to take this chance to thank the Ancient Empires team and the People of Rome team for large contributions to this version. Our complete credits will be listed at the bottom of this post and the download thread. Its been a long year of work, so if anyone is forgotten just let me know and I will rectify it immediately. Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Included Features - Collection of Previews

Population System
    - Thanks to the PoR team, one of the most complex additions to the mod will be added in 1.2. You can see more details in their forum or at our 1.1 submod version thread.
    - The basic idea behind this system is that every region has a population that can be used to recruit units. Obviously, its more complicated than that, but you get the idea. You can check out our Population guide for help with the system.

New Grand Campaign - Preview
    - Thanks to our partnership with the Ancient Empires team, we have had access to their work using the Augustus campaign map for the grand campaign as a foundation to work from for DeI. Because of this, we are happy to announce we have a completely revamped Grand Campaign for our players to experience.
    - The campaign will begin in 278 BC, uses the Augustus campaign map as a basis and has the new emergent factions feature that really adds dynamics to the campaign.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- The new campaign includes new This Year in History messages to chronicle what was happening in history as the campaign goes along. Thanks to the R2TR for use of their script as a basis for this system.

New Playable Factions, Unit Cards and Roster Overhauls
    - A ton of new roster overhauls and playable factions have been added for DeI 1.2. These new faction overhauls include:
    Sparta -- Iweriu -- Kartli -- Colchis -- Bactria -- Edetani -- Medewi -- Kaledonakoi -- Atropatkan -- Greek Factions -- Lusitani -- Additional Units -- Scordisci -- Arevaci
    - All new unit cards have been added for those overhauls and for some existing units in DeI. Rusty is hard at work finishing the existing cards, also, but there are a ton of units in DeI! You can see his work in his submod thread.

Buildings and Income Overhaul - Preview
    - Building effects, income and the economy in general have been overhauled to make more sense and we removed some of the hidden bonuses in the game. Income should mostly be directly impacted by in game actions now.
    - New buildings and regional buildings have been added, including special capitals and resource building chains.

Political and Trait System - Traits Preview -- Politics Preview
    - Traits have been overhauled as have the political effects for a faction.
    - Our new character traits are now evolving traits that can change over the course of a campaign for a general. Also, political ranks are now earned rather than bought.
    - We have new political effects for political party power levels based on new government types assigned to various factions. These include examples like Monarchy, Chiefdom, Oligarchy, Republic, Tribal Confederation, etc. These new government types can be seen if you mouse over the faction effect bundle icon in the faction screen. You can read more about this at our Politics guide.
    - All factions now have 4 political parties that are active from campaign start to make politics more meaningful.

Battle Overhaul - Preview
    - Along with new animations and formations for hoplites, the battle overhaul includes new mechanics for pikes. Also, most units have been overhauled to better take advantage of the game engine. Formation attack is no longer used, stats are adjusted so that difficulty levels won't impact battles as badly, etc. In fact, the AI and battles in general should have a much more unique and dynamic feel. See the preview for full changes, KAM has been hard at work in his laboratory!

Features In Progress
    - We have other features we are still working on, including some new scripted systems like Litharion's Tribal Unification idea.
    - More work will be done to make various hellenic rosters more unique and specialized as we continue to try to differentiate some of these factions in a more historical manner.
    - Other features we are still working on are new political events/dilemmas, adjustments/additions to faction traits to add variety, work to make Maurya more unique, and various other ideas.

Credits
    - The whole DeI dev team and tester group who really came together to get this update out. Thanks to everyone for their hard work, you can see the full team listing here.
    - The EB/EB2 teams for many concepts and text references along with general inspiration for our mod from the start.
    - The AE team for our partnership that has benefited both mods and constant help and advice. There are many contributions from the team and we are very thankful!
    - The PoR team for their amazing work on the population system and help with getting it ready.
    - The R2TR team for their history messages script.
    - Dontfearme22 and the AoB Team for a lot of models/textures. Huge thanks to the Age of Bronze team!
    - A huge thanks to the Total War Hellas Unit Pack Team, especially koultouras for permissions. We also say thank you to the talented texturers, who did the new armours: Pacco, Leif Erickson, Mattheaus, Absinthia, Evyattar
    - jan_boruta for his amazing art work on our frontend map images and promotional material.
    - Idreaus for use of the map overlay.
    - Smoe for his culture and resource icons.
    - Carthage Scutums - TheBarcidHeir
    - Various models: OSP - Open Source Project
    - Some models from Avetis' CIU Mod
    - Helmet Metal Detail Map - Celticus
    - Sebidee for helping plan multiple rosters
    - zombieflanders for the proto-Goedelic irish and caledone faction and units names
    - Unit research and names by Khevsur
    - Miri82 for some great models and textures
    - The Wise Coffin for creating some native language unit names
    - LinusLinothorax for his research and help
    - Will from the AE team for the 2handed indian sword model
    - Multiple public testers from the PoR submod that helped us immensely including Matt Slow, philler, Amras89 and others!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Announcement] 1.2 Open Beta Released!

I will be the first to say thanks for all your hard work guys

Can't wait to try this out soon.

Cheers!

IT'S HAPPENING!

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Beautiful new unit cards! Why is the starting money so high? Does that help the A.I.? Amazing job - this really seems like a generational evolution for this mod - deeper and more beautiful in every way - thank you for your dedication!

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

And the crowd goes wild.!

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020 View Post
    Beautiful new unit cards! Why is the starting money so high? Does that help the A.I.? Amazing job - this really seems like a generational evolution for this mod - deeper and more beautiful in every way - thank you for your dedication!
    It has to do with how the AI allocates its money and test results improved the AI aswell as forced the player to think a bit more about how you spend your gold. It should make sense in game once you tried it.

Income is much lower so we increased starting treasuries which actually ended up working well for the AI. Also the player now has to choose how to spend it since it wont be easily earned back.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice! Think I'll try the Caledonians or Syracuse.

Wow. I played little bit as Hayasdan on Legendary difficulty. Media Atropatane declared war on me and brought full stack where they had 5 units of archers and a lot of Sparabara boys. It was unwalled town defence. Usually I could hold against army like this only with garrison units and general with some mercs.
    Hell no, all this Sparabara units now have bows, so basically they had 16 ranged units and at first they intellgently tried and killed all of my archers not matter how I tried to hide them. I still did good damage though. They did not engaged until they had ammo, it's so hard to deal with them when they all can shoot now. I don't know if it's because of difficulty but now archers kill troops with no armor right away, so now in early stages of this game ranged units are big force and when it's 16 ranged units in a stack - it's trouble, all you can do is to match them with ranged units too.

AI fought really smart and then only idiotic move they did is they rushed their general into a battle real quick and I was able to kill him, but it seemed they did not take much of a moral penalty, but once again maybe this is because of a difficulty I play.

The biggest pat on the back to everyone involved in this project; a testament to what the community can do when they work together. Thank you.

Legendary difficulty will do that. Actually all difficulty levels really matter now in campaign. I will look into the media atr recruitment, maybe that was the only unit available to them without a barracks

I know this is off-topic but I couldn't find it anywhere. So I kindly ask for help here

Could someone give me the actual vanilla version of Rome? Mod manager says that DeI beta is out-of date. I wasn't playing Rome since looong time.
    My game version is:
    2.2.2.0 build

Edit:
    Thank you KAM 2150 and FlashHeart07.
    Last edited by Demon Soul; January 06, 2017 at 05:24 AM.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Fangirling once again....oh God here we go!!!!!!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Soul View Post
    I know this is off-topic but I couldn't find it anywhere. So I kindly ask for help here

Could someone give me the actual vanilla version of Rome? Mod manager says that DeI beta is out-of date. I wasn't playing Rome since looong time.
    My game version is:
    2.2.2.0 build
    Mods instaled manually WILL ALWAYS show as out of date. Just ignore it and hit "enable out od date mods".
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Soul View Post

My game version is:
    2.2.2.0 build
    Steam will automatically update the game for you to the newest version which is patch 17. In the mod manager you just need to enable "out of date" mods and check the two parts of the DeI beta.
    And if you for some reason do not own an original version of the game ie a pirated version, this is not the forum to discuss it and all comments will be deleted.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    Wow. I played little bit as Hayasdan on Legendary difficulty. Media Atropatane declared war on me and brought full stack where they had 5 units of archers and a lot of Sparabara boys. It was unwalled town defence. Usually I could hold against army like this only with garrison units and general with some mercs.
    Hell no, all this Sparabara units now have bows, so basically they had 16 ranged units and at first they intellgently tried and killed all of my archers not matter how I tried to hide them. I still did good damage though. They did not engaged until they had ammo, it's so hard to deal with them when they all can shoot now. I don't know if it's because of difficulty but now archers kill troops with no armor right away, so now in early stages of this game ranged units are big force and when it's 16 ranged units in a stack - it's trouble, all you can do is to match them with ranged units too.

AI fought really smart and then only idiotic move they did is they rushed their general into a battle real quick and I was able to kill him, but it seemed they did not take much of a moral penalty, but once again maybe this is because of a difficulty I play.
    Yeah, legendary will make them stronger and unbalance the battles because it is well....legendary ; P So all AI units get morale, attack, def, accuracy bonuses. General death is -12 to morale but their legendary diffculty gives them +7 so they only suffered -5 for his death.

In case of Media....Our arrows will out the sun Their spear infantry with ranged attack has only 5 ammo (I will include stuff like ammo and missile block chance in UI later on) but if for example they have only 5 units of those guys, it means 5 x 300 men = 1500 men, then those 1500 x 5 arrows = 7500 arrows fired before they engage! If their target is unarmoured then well...it makes sense they can end it rightly But also remember that their accuracy is rather bad on longer distance so you do not want to get to close unless you want to engage them in melee, which is one of the best ideas. Also their archer/spearmen infnatry is rather lightly armoured and has low stats so they will take HEAVY punishment in melee with heavier units or even cavalry.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Civis
    Malang city, East Java province, Indonesia

It's really new year surprise !
    I will try playing slowly, focus on build first, while enjoying new D.e.i and then surely reports regularly every time find something to be reported.

Thanks and may You get more prosperity and better in life

By the way, will the hardcore mod & all factions playable 12 TPY work with the open beta?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast