Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by GyJIeBeP View Post
    Mod uses its water, blood and dust textures? maybe some other texture uses? I didn't see any dust, water is vanilla, why not add water and dust?
    Camera mod in battle?
    Rome II: Terrain HD, Water
    Many people do not have good enough PC to use it so we do not add it to the mod.

Camera mods are in DeI, any other camera mod will break DeI, do not use camera mods with DeI.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Many people do not have good enough PC to use it so we do not add it to the mod.

Camera mods are in DeI, any other camera mod will break DeI, do not use camera mods with DeI.
    Спасибо за камеру.Но графические моды для dei есть?Steam, моды с 2016-18 годов без использования.

Last edited by GyJIeBeP; April 28, 2019 at 05:22 AM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yes, graphic mods are compatible.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Another question, on your site there or to look at steam?
    I checked it out. There are seven moves in the settlementbefore they give up.. When studying all techniques, it is -6 . without retinue and skills) AI does not build granaries, etc. One step and the city has fallen. Babylon, Rome, etc. Historical cities will withstand one movement, it's .
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 29, 2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTimbe68 View Post
    Hi Kenny, you are right

There was this June 12 fix when more than 1000 redundant lines were reworked in supply_system.lua I've managed to salvage this from 1.1 DeI and implemented it to 1.2 DeI version

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Code:
    --Timbe Litharion old code for DeI--

-- resupply function on character enters garrision
    local function SupplyFleetTransportEntersPort(context)
      local army = context:character():cqi()
      local turns_at_sea = context:character():turns_at_sea()
        if context:character():has_military_force() == true
          and (char_is_general_with_navy(context:character())) 
          and context:character():has_garrison_residence() == true
         then   
            if turns_at_sea >= 4
              then LogSupply("SupplyFleetTransportEntersPort","Naval resupply effect bundles for: "..army)
                if context:character():faction():culture() == "rom_Barbarian" then 
                  scripting.game_interface:apply_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("Naval_Resupply_2", army,1);
                else scripting.game_interface:apply_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("CIV_Naval_Resupply_2", army,1);
                   return; 
                end;
            elseif turns_at_sea < 4
             then LogSupply("SupplyFleetTransportEntersPort","Naval resupply effect bundles for: "..army)
                    scripting.game_interface:apply_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("Naval_Resupply", army,1)
                else scripting.game_interface:apply_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("CIV_Naval_Resupply", army,1);
                  return;
                end;
            end;
        end;
    end;

-- fleet finished resupplying after a turn in port
    local function Fleet_Ready_To_Take_off(context)
            and context:character():military_force():unit_list():num_items() >= 1
            and context:character():has_garrison_residence() == true   
    then
    local army = context:character():cqi()
    Log("\t Remove naval effect bundles for: "..army)
     RemoveBundle(army, naval_effect_bundles)
     Log("\t add Navy_in_port"..army)
            scripting.game_interface:apply_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("Navy_in_port", army,-1)
         else scripting.game_interface:apply_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("CIV_Navy_in_port", army,-1)
         return
            end
        end
    end

local function SupplyFleetTransportLeavesPort(context)
      local army = context:character():cqi();
          and context:character():has_garrison_residence() == false 
         then 
          scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle_from_characters_force("Naval_Resupply", army);
          scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle_from_characters_force("Naval_Resupply_2", army);
          scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle_from_characters_force("CIV_Naval_Resupply_2", army);
          scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle_from_characters_force("CIV_Naval_Resupply", army);
          scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle_from_characters_force("Navy_in_port", army);
          scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle_from_characters_force("CIV_Navy_in_port", army);
        end;
    end;

--Timbe Litharion old code for DeI--

Maybe Dresden can add it back to the right spot. This code part is owned by Litharion but I've tweaked it a little so don't hate me for it
    Wow, thanks for this. I wasn't expecting anyone to do anything, and I wouldn't have been able to find this in the old scripts.

Tell me who to turn to in order to change the meaning of fashion. Like reforms. How to remove the pathetic bonus on -2 for 3 technologies in the siege branch, please! Or a bonus to the walls to tighten. You've changed the bonuses of those, so you know. A military siege branch, for 3 technologies - 2 to the siege. How to remove "-2 "Very important. Help.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

If your aim is to remove effects gained by technologies and regarding the +/- siege turns, use this pack.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/t5mjz...logy.pack/file

Oh, thank you. Thank you. You just saved the planet. Because my fart was on fire.

Once again ,thank you for this marvel of a mod.

Would appreciate assistance with 2 questions:

1) Is there any mod/submod that can force AI to move with 2 armies instead of going one by one ?

- In open field, it seems that AI is only bringing extra armies in rare cases if he sees that you have too much force for him to take on with one army ( and in 80% of cases his power valuation is not correct)
    - For sieges he is not even bothering ....
    - Out of my 167 turns I only fought open battles against 2+ stacks once. All other huge battles were against a defending city.

I have never played vanilla Rome 2 as the fires from this wreck were seen from too far. Is this something related to Rome 2 specifically ?
    In Attila the AI was more than capable of moving in huge packs ( although I only plated with Radius mod + some AI mod)

2) Second question is regarding the reforms : I am at turn 167 as Massalia and don't have second Military reform yet. I am steadily moving to imperium 5 so I am in no haste to get them, but I am very concerned about global reforms as I want to play with some other factions that a relying on them ... ( Odryssian / Armenia ? )

- I did see the first( thureos) global military reform trigger
    - Outside of the DEI I only have aztec lightning and "EPIC realism music volume" installed ...

Am I missing something ? Should they trigger eventually ?

Cheers!

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

@soulmate,

1) I'm not familiar with any submod of this kind and I doubt that such a submod exists. That said, with CAI changes introduced into DeI some months ago you should see AI stacks sticking together much more often than they did before and I personally have seen the difference. Only yesteday I had a battle of one and a half stack of my own force vs one and a half stack of the enemy force.

2) From what I recall you actually have to be at imperium level 5 before the thorax reform triggers.

Jake Armitage
    https://ibb.co/N2jqPxh
    siege I https://ibb.co/f98ZhMn

It does not open. any other mod opens the table, and here it does not open anything. If the work is not complicated, could you remove the bonus - 2 to the siege in all the tags.
    Last edited by GyJIeBeP; April 29, 2019 at 11:11 AM.

Patrician

I can open the file, can't say why you can't.
    Did you update PFM with latest schemata?
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/pac...iles/Schemata/

I've removed everything regarding siege turns.
    1) did you skip at least one turn? This should take place after the first loaded turn
    2) you may have issues regarding the mod manager, follow the steps to revert to the old one
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...nd-Mod-Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I can open the file, can't say why you can't.
    Did you update PFM with latest schemata?
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/pac...iles/Schemata/

I've removed everything regarding siege turns.
    1) did you skip at least one turn? This should take place after the first loaded turn
    2) you may have issues regarding the mod manager, follow the steps to revert to the old one
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...nd-Mod-Manager
    And how do you know if it works or not? As it was written - 2 in a siege. So it remained.?

Patrician

No, it won't be no more

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    No, it won't be no more
    https://ibb.co/N14NGxt which table is responsible for the technology and which lines?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    @soulmate,
    From what I recall you actually have to be at imperium level 5 before the thorax reform triggers.
    I see, thank you. My understanding was that the global reform triggers regardless of your imperium level?

So, if I, let's assume, do not trigger reforms at all, not a single greek faction in a world will have thorax ?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by GyJIeBeP View Post
    https://ibb.co/N14NGxt which table is responsible for the technology and which lines?
    I've already removed the siege turns effects, you won't be able to see them into that pack, to see them you have to open the normal DeI pack

effects are:
    rom_tech_engineering_siege_defence_time_mod
    rom_tech_engineering_siege_offence_time_mod

Quote Originally Posted by soulmate View Post
    I see, thank you. My understanding was that the global reform triggers regardless of your imperium level?

So, if I, let's assume, do not trigger reforms at all, not a single greek faction in a world will have thorax ?
    No, for the AI factions there are global reform triggers, which for the thorax reform are set to turn 140.

For the player the minimum turn is 120, but the imperium level 5 is also required.

So, in other words, the player may get his reforms earlier or later than the AI depending on the imperium level. That's, I think, how it works, though I'm not 100% sure.

You can also take a look at the reforms manual for more info.

Yes, the player can always get a player version of a reform earlier, if his culture is tied to that reform. Depending on which reform, you'll be able to get it 10-30 turns earlier than the global version, but only if you also meet the imperium level requirements. This is personally one of the reasons why I modified the imperial reforms to need slightly less turns and less imperium, since only the Romans by default depend on it and in my experience, the player usually has almost won the campaign before you ever get to such a large empire.

On the other hand, some factions such as Carthage and Thrace, depend on the Greek global reforms, with their units 'catching' up on Greek advances, but are not part of the Greek cultural group and as such don't need to get the player reform requirements.

But what actually happens once the global reform triggers and the player hasn't met the imperium level requirement by then? Does the player get the reform, or does he have to wait?