Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I remember now, thanks
    Wasn't that issue fixed in our latest beta ? Ok we'll need to discuss it in our Dev forums, since using a submod is a temporal solution.
    Nah the last beta was 2 months ago, and it’ll be fixed shortly with the upcoming update

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    Nah the last beta was 2 months ago, and it’ll be fixed shortly with the upcoming update
    Yeah, I just checked the last one. Splendid then

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

The traits for the 3 categories that each general have and made by dresden, have all the same icon indepedently of the current trait level. So you must hover the mouse over in order to see what level you are. Can someone upload the extracted icons so i could make them deferrent for every level?

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    The traits for the 3 categories that each general have and made by dresden, have all the same icon indepedently of the current trait level. So you must hover the mouse over in order to see what level you are. Can someone upload the extracted icons so i could make them deferrent for every level?
    You can just extract them with your packfile manager - pretty simple and probably the better option than waiting for someone to share the png files

You can just extract them with your packfile manager
    Thanks scipio, i thought that i could avoid programms other than photoshop. ok, i ll try to do it. i never extract anything from a pack file. anyway, which is the pack that contain those files?

I am not sure you can assign trait images based on trait level? At least I couldn't when I was trying that, it was my original idea to have each icon be different in some way.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I am not sure you can assign trait images based on trait level? At least I couldn't when I was trying that, it was my original idea to have each icon be different in some way.
    I can send them to you tonight, Niko, if you still wanna try despite what Dresden said above.

I am not sure you can assign trait images based on trait level? At least I couldn't when I was trying that, it was my original idea to have each icon be different in some way
    i thought so, you guys usually make things polished, so was a little off that thing with the cards. ok i think we have to leave with that. Quick question. As much as i love the new trait system i found it dificult to track the levels of the three catigories of my generals without notices or any UI icons. is it possible to have any notification about these updates?

Could we possibly have the onager's poison round buffed? I'd like to have ample reason to lob dead, rotting cows at my enemies besides just the humor. Hopefully either more damage, or a much more lasting debuff.

Could we have a couple of minor changes to the details for Roma - for the sake of accuracy?

1 - That the 'name' for the Class 1 population be changed to 'Equites'? Firstly, the Patricii didn't fight normally at all - and, moreover, it's the Equites that provided the cavalry - hence the name!

2 - That the Triarii are recruited from the Plebeians and not the Patricii/Equites? All the infantry from the Camillan throughout the Polybian were provided from the Plebian Farmers (except for the one occasion those gladiators were used).
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Triarii thing is more of a gameplay decission as otherwise you get even less incentitive to recruit Hastati/Principes as they would draw from same class.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Didnt played DeI for long time. Now im thinkig of getting new gpu cause of it.
    I have small suggestion, when i reserched polybian reform after it appeared, i couldnt chose marian one when it appeared. It automaticly applied reform. While imperial one also need to be researched like marian. Could it be posible to make marian reform also requireing research? I realy like polybian one and would like to play it as long as possible.

Patrician

All military reforms tech should be researched ASAP, it possible long before you reach reform requirements. Not doing it will cause issues with unit recruitment and upgrades.

If I wanted to change the population class of a unit, where would that be in the DEI mod files?

Hi, I'm wondering when the fully reworked Rise of the Republic campaign will be released? I'm very excited to see what you guys will do to this relatively lightly covered part of Roman/Italian history.

Balance and historical comment:

I think the Greek Peltast and Thureos Swords/Spears should have their armor swapped. Peltasts are supposed to be skirmishers but have a whopping 50 armor, while still being speed 4. Thureophoroi are supposed to be better armored than Peltasts but only have 32/26 armor with a speed of 2.
    Last edited by Basilius; March 01, 2019 at 01:58 AM.

An observation on the CAI, playing as Rome. The Carthaginians park a full stack fleet next to both my Adriatic ports, and just sat there. They were too powerful for me to attack, but the would have been much more useful to Carthage if they'd been patrolling around Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica. I was able to gain local naval superiority, or parity anyway, and conquer all of these Island. If those two fleets had moved around some, it would have added many years to the effort.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    If I wanted to change the population class of a unit, where would that be in the DEI mod files?
    script/lib/manpower/units.lua - find the unit's ID and change the 1-4 number

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Have you guys considered giving walls to minor settlements like this mod seems to do?
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1662667374

It´s a reupload of this mod, if you wish to read a more extensive description
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=675065119
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Patrician

Most likely not as I bet in needs startpos changes while also adding a ton of bugs with battle maps since even now some battle maps are not correct.