Page 1 of 378 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Please leave any questions, feedback, impressions, critiques or ideas for 1.2 in this thread.

If you have any smaller issues or questions, feedback from a campaign or issues you want to address that don't really require a new thread, please post them here - it helps us keep it organized and its easier to refer back to for us. Thanks!
    Last edited by Dresden; March 30, 2018 at 01:17 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Hey, I'm first? Wow! xD

First of all, thank you so very much for making Rome 2 playable, at least for me. Since there is DeI, I have played Rome 2, before I couldn't stand it...and I preordered it...

Now, to 1.2, after playing only 2 hours: Excellent work! Tried 2 runs with Roma and while I think I have a clue now how to start, I got overrun the first tries. Epirus IS A BEAST, awesome! Feals absolutely right, and the EA-map fits perfectly. Can't wait to make my Lets Play, as soon the typical release bugs are fixed. LOVE IT!
    Last edited by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf; January 06, 2017 at 07:05 AM.
    Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer

as a somewhat fitting switch to the guy above, playing as epirus atm is ing HARD. the roman legions with the altered ai are really tough to counter using phalanx without good cav or elephants. still enjoying it so far

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yeah, battles get suprisingly more difficult once AI stopped rushing the player
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I started my first 1.2 campaign as Sparta, and I got together an army with a core of about 7 hoplite units (2 spartan, the rest perioikoi) which got absolutely wrecked by a similar amount of macedonian pike units. I'm not sure if it is better to leave them in a hoplite phalanx or not when fighting pikes, but it seemed the outcome was the same: the pikes would tear apart my hoplite group with the pushback mechanic, and rack up ~25 kills within a minute or two.

I guess I'm delighted that the battle mechanics are a complete game-changer, but I'm not sure how I can counter such a large army of pikes with my hoplites!

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Peltast is the answer. Flank and destroy.

Patrician

Yes, pikes are a hard counter to hoplites But hoplites have huge charge bonus and good stats so you will destroy them with flanking. Also use your ranged units to weaken parts of pikes, then focus on the weakneded part of AI battlelines

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf View Post
    Hey, I'm first? Wow! xD

First of all, thank you so very much for making Rome 2 playable, at least for me. Since there is DeI, I have played Rome 2, before I couldn't stand it...and I preordered it...

Now, to 1.2, after playing only 2 hours: Excellent work! Tried 2 runs with Roma and while I think I have a clue now how to start, I got overrun the first tries. Epirus IS A BEAST, awesome! Feals absolutely right, and the EA-map fits perfectly. Can't wait to make my Lets Play, as soon the typical release bugs are fixed. LOVE IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by kuaminifu_mwenzi View Post
    as a somewhat fitting switch to the guy above, playing as epirus atm is ing HARD. the roman legions with the altered ai are really tough to counter using phalanx without good cav or elephants. still enjoying it so far
    Also, difficulty really matters now in the campaign (and obviously in battles). Difficulty level can determine the AI start and lots of other factors. So, if you are used to playing on Very Hard or even Hard, you may want to drop down a level until you get the hand of 1.2.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 06, 2017 at 12:25 PM.

Yea I just tried Very Hard with Rome, got absolutely wrecked within 5 minutes of starting, I love 1.2!

Haven't played Rome 2 or DEI in a while, should I use normal/normal for difficulty to test this out?
    Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/950 Pro/970 EVO/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro/

Yes, I would recommend that.

1. I love 1.2
    2. I hate Media Atropatane and their different shooting spearmen
    3. I'm freaking losing my campaign first time in ages. I admit AI is smarter and legendary is so hard. Actually I was doing good but Kanion Galation in 5-6 turnes crushed whole Pontos in the west from me and at the moment I can't really hold those bloodthirsty Celts. They took two cities from me in 2 turns. I need Donald Trump to help me to make Armenia great again!

By the way, some unit cards for Hayasdan are new and some are old, like Armenian garrison archers have new units cards and regular archers have old ones. Same with Mercs they have new ones, but same type of regular troops have old cards, I think it's a little bug.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Yes, pikes are a hard counter to hoplites
    I didn't realise this going in. I thought that pikes would be a hard counter to sword units. But I like how this really replicates a feeling of martial decline in the traditional greek states in the face of the newer macedonian tactics. To continue this historical replication, I'm assuming that sword units are going to be quite good against pikes?

Patrician

Yes, swords are the best Although frontally only one type of units is a hardcounter to pikes and those are two handed soldiers. Heavier sword units can also do well against pikes, depending on quality. Heaviest infantry units will be simply able to shrug off most of pike damage.

Vardano, that is not a bug, unit cards are still worked on. There is around 1800 units to do so obviously new ones got their cards first and rest is slowly being finished.

I also like that big Don went around putting visible javelin ammo on all of the mod's javelin units. The ranged mounted units holding their javelin ammo in their other hand is also a cool new visual change

Playing as Baktria, loving the 1.2 roster and economy!

After about 10 turns I'm crashing every time I end turn though (on various factions' turns), making the campaign unplayable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post

Vardano, that is not a bug, unit cards are still worked on. There is around 1800 units to do so obviously new ones got their cards first and rest is slowly being finished.
    I understand this but as long as I remember unit cards for garrsion archers and regualr archers were the same, so I thought if now garrsion archers got a new unit cards, those should apply to regular archers too, am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
    Playing as Baktria, loving the 1.2 roster and economy!

After about 10 turns I'm crashing every time I end turn though (on various factions' turns), making the campaign unplayable for me.
    As it says in the bug reports thread and download thread, if you have crashes:
    1. Clean out your data folder found in the Rome 2 install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager.
    2. Most other mods are not compatible with DeI so deactivate/remove them. Some submods may still cause issues.
    3. Reverify the game in steam to check local file integrity.
    4. Make sure you have patch 17 not 16 beta for the game itself.
    5. If none of that works, try deleting the Rome2.exe file found in the Rome 2 directory and reverifying your game cache in Steam.
    6. If you are still getting crashes, please post the save game in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    I understand this but as long as I remember unit cards for garrsion archers and regualr archers were the same, so I thought if now garrsion archers got a new unit cards, those should apply to regular archers too, am I wrong?
    Some garrison units I might need to go back and change unit cards, they probably still have the old ones.

The "Kartvelian Guerilla Warriors" have no armour rating despite being described as lightly armoured.

Just so everyone knows - right now razing a minor township will cause its main building to disappear (it doesn't really disappear, but its deactivated). I am working on a fix now for that.