Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

It has been while since I have played this game or mod, and the 1.2.4 update sounds like it has brought changes to the AI that I didn't think were even possible. I'll have to clear out my ssd and download all this again to see if it's as good as it sounds.

Just out of curiosity, was that problem with the supply ships no longer being able to supply forces on land fixed? Just before I stopped playing I remember that being a big problem considering how functional the supply scripts usually are.

I know DEI has made some recent changes so this might be a part of that, or it maybe that I'm experiencing a bug.

Neither Ambush nor Fortify stances work...... they both load into a normal grass terrain open field battle.

So I'll set into an Ambush, it works says INTERCEPTED, then when I load battle, it's a normal battle. And when I'm in Fortify mode and get attacked, once again the battle happens on normal open terrain, not a fort like usual.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    I know DEI has made some recent changes so this might be a part of that, or it maybe that I'm experiencing a bug.

Neither Ambush nor Fortify stances work...... they both load into a normal grass terrain open field battle.

So I'll set into an Ambush, it works says INTERCEPTED, then when I load battle, it's a normal battle. And when I'm in Fortify mode and get attacked, once again the battle happens on normal open terrain, not a fort like usual.
    It’s the cultural settlement mod you’re using.

Scipio, thanks just read in his description exactly what you said.... dammnit! unchecking that mod

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    One reason we reduced the chance for satrapies was that once they rebelled they would almost immediately come back. So we had to make it very hard for them to do that. I probably went a bit overboard there.
    I see, that I didn't know. Yeah, I guess that might have got slightly overboard indeed, so you could perhaps consider increasing a bit the possibility of those client-state agreements via diplomacy.

----------------

KAM,

There is one thing regarding battles that's been on my mind for some time.

I've noticed that the ability to burn down the fortifications has been assigned mostly to the heavy infantry and cavalry, while the light units normally don't have it. Wouldn't it be more sensible to give this ability to the light and medium infantry and some light cavalry instead to reflect better the fact that such actions are basically the skirmish part of the battle which these units are more suitable to perform?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I didnt know it was an ability, I thought all unit had it xD
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

I thought that the intention was gameplay wise, to risk your better units trying to burn the gates. But to give lighter troops this ability will give the defenders a slight chance to counterattack, since light units will have little moral. I would like to see how ai will react.

How do I disable the changes that limit how spread out unit formations can be? On medium unit size these restrictions make most units a bit too squashed for my liking, particularly with frontal defence units like pikes and hoplites.

Edit: Never mind, I see there is a submod for this.
    Last edited by KennyTheKlever; February 17, 2019 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Yeah, I'm actually not sure exactly where to find this in the db tables. Do you know, by any chance?

And what do you actually think about it? Shouldn't the light units primarily be those that have this ability as a part of their skirmish role?

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Yes, thank god! I always thought this was pretty obnoxious, but it makes sense it was a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    Yeah, I'm actually not sure exactly where to find this in the db tables. Do you know, by any chance?

And what do you actually think about it? Shouldn't the light units primarily be those that have this ability as a part of their skirmish role?
    Definitely makes the most sense to me, and it adds a slightly to the importance of them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Well up to this point I was 100% sure all units had this ability so I am a bit surprised that not all have it (outside of ridiculous idea that torches can burn down palisade walls, maybe pots with some substance could do it but not torches). I would need to check where it is located as I havent seen it anywhere.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Hello guys. I changed the turn in the reform and does not happen? Does anyone have any idea what to do? I did it the same in the old version.
    Tnx

This has been bothering me for a bit , but what does everyone else use their scorpios for? On top of that, how does everyone else deploy theirs? On the flanks? In front before advancing troops past it?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by MaYor_02 View Post
    Hello guys. I changed the turn in the reform and does not happen? Does anyone have any idea what to do? I did it the same in the old version.
    Tnx
    PM me the pack and tell me what you want to do, I'll check it.
    Use PM, don't use this thread

Libertus

Hi when your game is in late stage and your own faction has lots of members the family tree becomes strange.I don´t see all faction members in it and who is whos child is bit obscured.This probably has been answered before but i missed it.I am somewhat sure that this is CA thing and theirs to fix?

Nando's Avatar Libertus

Hi, I started a "trial" campaign to learn more about the mod. Even if I've choose easy the campaign is really, overly hard... one after the other, the other factions declared me war without any reason, even with factions thousands of kilometres away, even if I had commercial relationships and my expansion was minimal (I'm still in Italy in 250 BC and I have not finished conquering it all). About conquests, it's really difficult too, because if you leave a front you are attacked on the other side. Fortunately there is a sub-mod that increases the number of reclutable armies and edicts, I think this choice is more right. However, the economy is poor... and there are too many structures, too much confusion...
    The recruitment of ships is almost impossible, because you are immediately attacked and sunk.
    Honestly I think this is the best mod ever made since the times of Roma Surrectum, but it can be (for me it must be) improved...

ps: Which size should I choose for the units to get a legion of about 100 men?
    Last edited by Nando; February 19, 2019 at 09:00 AM.

This mod is very difficult for newer players. It probably takes a few campaigns just to understand a lot of the new systems.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    Hi, I started a "trial" campaign to learn more about the mod. Even if I've choose easy the campaign is really, overly hard... one after the other, the other factions declared me war without any reason, even with factions thousands of kilometres away, even if I had commercial relationships and my expansion was minimal (I'm still in Italy in 250 BC and I have not finished conquering it all). About conquests, it's really difficult too, because if you leave a front you are attacked on the other side. Fortunately there is a sub-mod that increases the number of reclutable armies and edicts, I think this choice is more right. However, the economy is poor... and there are too many structures, too much confusion...
    The recruitment of ships is almost impossible, because you are immediately attacked and sunk.
    Honestly I think this is the best mod ever made from the times of Roma Surrectum, but it can be (for me it must be) improved...

ps: Which size should I choose for the units to get a legion of about 100 men?
    Yea, it takes some time to get the swing of things. I'd recommend looking at this thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...strategy-guide

Its a couple of years old, but it is still relevant. Keep the campaign difficulty on normal and maybe check out some sub-mods that might ease your woes. There isn't a definitive guide for the whole mod; but there are a lot of great pieces and chunks of insight all over this forum. Namely, the guides and strategies sub-forum sticked at the top.

Well up to this point I was 100% sure all units had this ability so I am a bit surprised that not all have it (outside of ridiculous idea that torches can burn down palisade walls, maybe pots with some substance could do it but not torches). I would need to check where it is located as I havent seen it anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    I thought that the intention was gameplay wise, to risk your better units trying to burn the gates. But to give lighter troops this ability will give the defenders a slight chance to counterattack, since light units will have little moral. I would like to see how ai will react.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    I've noticed that the ability to burn down the fortifications has been assigned mostly to the heavy infantry and cavalry, while the light units normally don't have it. Wouldn't it be more sensible to give this ability to the light and medium infantry and some light cavalry instead to reflect better the fact that such actions are basically the skirmish part of the battle which these units are more suitable to perform?
    All units have it, for missiles units you need to enable "melee mode"

I also got stuck into this until a friend told me...

Quote Originally Posted by Dhamon View Post
    All units have it, for missiles units you need to enable "melee mode"

I also got stuck into this until a friend told me...
    That's interesting, thanks for the info, Dhamon!

I'm gonna check it out tonight.

Yesterday I spent already over 30 minutes browsing through the tables wondering where on earth that feature was hidden, so you've definitely saved me some time here!