Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Yes, that remind me my old idea, which worked same way, with initial cooldown to avoid AI using it right away. When beta will be close to the end, I will try work a bit more on general skills to make them more immersive.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Yes, that remind me my old idea, which worked same way, with initial cooldown to avoid AI using it right away. When beta will be close to the end, I will try work a bit more on general skills to make them more immersive.
    They could use a little spice up, indeed.

Hi, do you plan to change building and technology icons ?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by UltimaterD View Post
    Hi, do you plan to change building and technology icons ?
    I dont think so. How they should look is quite subjective and therefore is best suited as a submod.
    But I know benjiin is working on a dei compatible icons mod.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    I dont think so. How they should look is quite subjective and therefore is best suited as a submod.
    But I know benjiin is working on a dei compatible icons mod.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk
    It's already compatible except very few special buildings.

Would someone address a couple of matters I have addressed recently and went unanswered?:

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha
    I think the "released troops" diplomatic modifier should be toned down a lot. I fought only 2/3 battles against Volcae Tectosages, whom were hated by a faction I liberated: Iol. I released troops so Volcae didn't hate me that much, as I planned on conquering only the territories I was interested in and then peace out. But this turned out to be a blow for my relationship with Iol. I have 100 negative modifier for releasing their troops! That's just insane. This should seriously be toned down. To make matters worse, doing what I did had negligible effect in Volcae Tectosages' attitude towards me; they really hate my guts and releasing their troops barely helps.

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha
    According to the AoR map I can get elephants in Mauretania with Aux Barracks III. However that's not the truth in my current game. I know the map is outdated, but perhaps the problem is that I need some kind of special resource? Or are they no longer recruitable in Mauretania at all?

Could you guys tweak deployables HP ? right now it takes AGES for palisade to burn.
    Its a bit ridiculous especially in fort battles where the fort walls will burn really quick but the palisade will take half an hour burn down

I'm not sure forts can actually be modded.

deployables can

I thought the "Primus Inter Pares" title would go to the faction leader, but mine just died and the heir didn't get it, but another guy instead (he was a Censor iirc). How is establed who gets that title then? And what's the story behind it/what does it mean?

edit: oh, no, "Primus Inter Pares" IS the faction leader. The guy who died what my family leader AND faction leader. Same question though: how's decided who's the faction leader then?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 22, 2018 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

afaik:
    - decided from start through stratpos
    - family guy that is your natural heir or chosen through declare-heir/usurp-legacy intrigues
    - ruling party guy with highest gravitas
    - might be changed with saveparser (dunno, never used it personally)

I see. So if the person with the highest gravitas is in another party/family, the faction leader can end up not being from yours?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    I see. So if the person with the highest gravitas is in another party/family, the faction leader can end up not being from yours?
    no ruling party only, dunno if CA changed this, but i would say no. Did that happen to you?

No, mine was a family member.

Patrician

Well, speaking about the devil, I was trying to apply some scripts (inside another modded pack) and I noticed this:

1) I was able to entice from the plebeian party (in this case) the heir (blue crown) that I choose through usurping legacy and that was inside ruling party
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2) so I suicided the faction leader and now I have a new and random patrician Primus Inter pares (purple crown) a new and random ruling party Family Leader (brown crown) and the heir is still the "plebeian" I enticed
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

They are worse than current contemporary politicians it seems

EDIT: found out that you can have a married couple from another party inside your family. I wonder if they can have a children and if the children will be of the ruling party or if he will stay into the parents' party.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 21, 2018 at 04:55 PM.

Can the DEI team influence names for children being born to certain factions or is that hardcoded? A lot of names seem strangely spelled or inappropriate cause they were rare in ancient history (e.g. Agave, Eurydemon [sounds like a spelling mistake], Simonides, Hero, Giorgius [latin ending?], etc for the Antigonids).

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I'm not sure forts can actually be modded.
    Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    deployables can
    Forts nope deplos yep.

How is this distribution of the senate even possible? https://imgur.com/a/icMDwSn

Pelebeians have an insane amount of power at about 60%, while the other two don't even have a single senator??? Facts:

- all other parties have the same number of members (well Plebeians have 1 additional person); mine is obviously the most numerous
    - their average gravitas per member is very similar
    - I don't even fight with Plebeian generals. They are all just sitting in Latium increasing PO and taxes.
    - I do use an Equite general and a couple of Patricii admirals.
    - the rest of my generals are members of my own family

How is it possible that with these facts (a) they have more influence than I do and (b) the other parties have literally 0 senators.

Does this nonsense have an explanation or DEI is simply inheriting massive vanilla flaws? Is there an actual logic to the political situation in my current campaign? Is there anything I can do to manipulate it effectively and swap influence the way I want, towards the party I want?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    How is this distribution of the senate even possible? https://imgur.com/a/icMDwSn

Pelebeians have an insane amount of power at about 60%, while the other two don't even have a single senator??? Facts:

- all other parties have the same number of members (well Plebeians have 1 additional person); mine is obviously the most numerous
    - their average gravitas per member is very similar
    - I don't even fight with Plebeian generals. They are all just sitting in Latium increasing PO and taxes.
    - I do use an Equite general and a couple of Patricii admirals.
    - the rest of my generals are members of my own family

How is it possible that with these facts (a) they have more influence than I do and (b) the other parties have literally 0 senators.

Does this nonsense have an explanation or DEI is simply inheriting massive vanilla flaws? Is there an actual logic to the political situation in my current campaign? Is there anything I can do to manipulate it effectively and swap influence the way I want, towards the party I want?
    Well it's not easy to understand the reason at this point, when you have 2 parties at 0%.
    I wouldn't say that the political power system is broken, nor I've noticed anything weird in the many campaigns I have done.
    One thing I can say is that randomness adds variations to different campaigns (for political power and many other things), otherwise campaigns will always be the same, so highly reducing the longevity of this game/mod, which is really good, thinking about other games.

Reasons could be:
    - you had a lot of political dilemmas that were always triggered (this is hardcoded) by plebeians and your choices (results are hidden, another hardcoded thing) came to benefit always and many time plebeians' political power. Or the opposite, lowering other parties'. This means that in the "parallel world" of your campaign, plebeians were simply meant to be strong.
    - could be that the hardcoded assigned regions to parties (you can check those in ones of the info strat map panels) give hidden bonuses to parties. Check how many regions are virtually controlled by plebeians. This is hardcoded too.

Soultions could be:
    - pay more attenton on what you do (believe me when I say I never had problems, you'll need to micromanage a little more or you can end fighting weird situations like yours)
    - give entice to every faction so you can move generals between parties (this - and many other things, step by step - will be modded into the "political overhaul"). This could be considered historical btw.
    - other things that still have to check and modded, reaching a better version for the political part of the game wil require time, trials and errors.

Consider also that a strategic game is beautiful when it asks the player to confront strategical situations. Also the AI tries to win (through a lot of codes), nowhere is written that the players must have the right to triumph and build a virtual, perpetual and redundant golden age.

@ Hadhod
    "Can the DEI team influence names for children being born to certain factions or is that hardcoded? A lot of names seem strangely spelled or inappropriate cause they were rare in ancient history (e.g. Agave, Eurydemon [sounds like a spelling mistake], Simonides, Hero, Giorgius [latin ending?], etc for the Antigonids)."

Good point, usually, for TW games, they are into local texts and should be moddable/erasable. I'll have a look.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 22, 2018 at 09:34 AM.

Are the "Export/Import Food" edicts dependent on each other? As in, will the food from provinces that export food be added to provinces that import food? Or does it simply depend on the local buildings constructed?