Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Is there any plans to update further the compatibility with Empire Divided? I'm not asking for new units, I just wish the cities would be unique (Rome, Bibracte, Carthage etc.) like in the Grand Campaign, also I can't build some of the new buildings like the Temple of Sol Invictus.

I just want to reiterate my last post and say that the new launcher bugs the mods in question for some reason. I switched to the old launcher last night and managed to get everything working. Mods I am referring to are those of UMCenturion and the patch. Sorry about that.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

a few questions i would like to ask

- Additional tweaks to pike and hoplite balance
    a) what are the additional tweaks in this update?
    i generally observe a more fluid phalanx formation. Sometimes when a unit is on phallanx formation some sholdier on the back raws make a "bug like" move, they hold up their shield and down them instantly, like they are in trance. Something with the spaces between them? also most of the times isolate sholdiers when fighting get inside the enemy formations ( this rarely happend in previous version ) like all the units have less cohesion of some kind?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I decreased space between lines so if they get to tight, them might shuffle a bit but they also attack and defend better.

Isolated soldiers happens all the time since for some reason units in phalanx formation will always trigger matched combat, even if we deleted it. This is not something that can be fixed.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ViktorGiJoe View Post
    Is there any plans to update further the compatibility with Empire Divided? I'm not asking for new units, I just wish the cities would be unique (Rome, Bibracte, Carthage etc.) like in the Grand Campaign, also I can't build some of the new buildings like the Temple of Sol Invictus.
    That's because ED campaign is still under development. It's fully playable ofc, but lacks the GC's full fledged features.

@KAM

ok i see, good to know. i also saw increased path issues but maybe are 99% unrelated with the latest patch and tweaks and waqs always there?.
    another thing, The battle submods , fewer raws , faster battles etc are compatible yes? funny think is that it seems i won most of the battles cause of the previous hill advantage bug, thank you for spot it and fix it.

Patrician

Fewer ranks is compatible but I need to update combat submods, sadly I am a bit stuck with steam issues which do not allow me to udpate them. I did not have time to find solution for it yet.

oh ok, hope you find the solution soon!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

you can change them globally into unit_category_tables, it's not accurate as kam's packs but 1 row less/more doesn't change much to me
    this is the pack I use for normal size
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/6j27s...Rows.pack/file

People, why ignore, Russophobes?Help me out.Why is the AI making sorties out of town when I'm besieging it? How to avoid it.

You asked a question merely half a day ago and accuse us of hating Russians? We don't get paid by the hour, so we don't always answer back on the spot. As a general rule of thumb, don't accuse people if you then expect them to help you.

I agree, my fault.

I believe the reason the AI sallies out and attacks your besieging army is because the AI uses autoresolve to base their judgment for when to attack. So, if you besiege a settlement and check your autoresolve chances of success and it's even or an advantage for the AI, I am willing to bet they will attack you in the next turn. And more often than not I have to usually have two armies around to counter the AI's tendency to YOLO because autoresolve tells them that they can win. Try to keep the balance in your favor when you besiege if you want to keep the AI garrisoned. And just to add a bit more, I remember the AI would always sally out on their last turn before you took the settlement by surrender, although I never personally found out if that ever got removed.

he attacks when the chances of his winning are only 10% Garrison! v my 2 full armies.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by GyJIeBeP View Post
    People, why ignore, Russophobes?Help me out.Why is the AI making sorties out of town when I'm besieging it? How to avoid it.
    We certainly aren't. Maybe we just dont know the answer.
    Also,please try to be patient. People are busy and from different parts of the word, with diverse active hours and schedule
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 21, 2019 at 07:04 PM.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    We certainly aren't. Maybe we just dont know the answer.Also,please try to be patient. People are busy and from different parts of the word, with diverse active hours and schedule
    This... and the fact that we cannot understand you half the time Though this seems to be improving.

No need for accusations of discrimination. The team and the TWC community in general is made up of people from all over.

Typically somebody on the team will get back to you within a day or so. Chill out, bud.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; March 22, 2019 at 08:14 AM.

Yet a further request to overhaul the 'Experience Bonuses' - having reached the second 'Greek' reform in a Massalia campaign...

With the Roman Empire now covering half the map and deep into their Marian Reforms - and now recruiting Exp 7/8 troops from the off.

Massalian 'Imitation Legionaires' only recruit at Exp 1 - plus the terrible fact that all the Combat Bonuses that come from experienced Generals and, worse of all, very experienced Armies - only apply to Pikes/Hoplites and Spear carriers.

This makes the player 'disadvantage' really rather large.

Suggest a complete review and changing everything to: 'Heavy Infantry/Line Infantry'; 'Light Infantry/Skirmishers'; & 'Cavalry' only.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

I hope I'll have better luck to have my questions answered here. So here they are.

1. After general gets 20+ Authority, description of bonuses (like +80% influence radius) vanishes. For example, for general with authority of 21 description of authority is basic ("authority influences command radius, etc").

Does it mean that it is useless to have more than 20 authority on a general?

2. Is there a spreadsheet file available with up-to-date stats of all units in the DeI? Where can it be downloaded from?

Patrician

I use this file for stat and cost calculation. It holds all base stats like melee attack/def but no morale or formations used.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hn..._KKC48_qIOEjsb

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    I was reading the biograhpy of Antigonos the One-Eyed where the author (Richard Billows) stresses on a couple of occassions the significance of such elite army detachments for Antigonos' military successes in the wars of Diadochi. One of the major factors was indeed the speed with which those elite detachments could move and surprise the enemy. And that's obviously just one example. Alexander was, for instance, also known for taking good advantage of the qualities of his elite troops which he used on more demanding missions.
    I'm sorry to ruin your reading impressions. And I'm not a historian. But I'm a logistician. And I can assure you it was never about eliteness of the troops. It was always about size and composition of baggage train.
    Fast moving troops normally carried all their stuff on themselves. Like modern special forces detachments. They carry only the stuff they will need on the mission. And rations for certain number of days.

Alexander the Great has replaced oxens pulling carts with mules carrying packs, for example. And other examples of fast moving armies of antiquety include examples of commanders ordering to literally leave behind or burn carts with stuff.