Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99 149 174 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199
Results 3,961 to 3,967 of 3967

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Heres hoping that KAM will be able to figure out how CA changed combat again^^
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Yeah. Among many other things, the combat seems too slow now. KAM had the battle pace perfect by early last year imo, with most people finally happy about pikes (albeit confused about all the different pike lengths introduced from what I recall).
    I remember frontal charges on pike phalanxes being suicide for all horses, with even the heaviest cataphract units losing roughly 15-20% on impact, and plenty of casualties for most frontal infantry charges except some heavy Roman or elite two-handed units.
    Last edited by KennyTheKlever; Today at 10:07 AM.

Pikes are still beasts now but they take casualties at first before getting the upper hand. I found not go as far as to call them underpowered because that would not be correct.

Overal after last patch I had to increase unit HP from 30 to 100 (and 120 for cav) since something got broken in how game calculates combat so for example you had a unit that was inferior in EVERY stat and still win with superior unit. Or you had 5 units vs 5 units, same scenario but this time 3 of superior units would win etc. It was just pure nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheKlever View Post
    Yeah. Among many other things, the combat seems too slow now. KAM had the battle pace perfect by early last year imo, with most people finally happy about pikes (albeit confused about all the different pike lengths introduced from what I recall).
    I remember frontal charges on pike phalanxes being suicide for all horses, with even the heaviest cataphract units losing roughly 15-20% on impact, and plenty of casualties for most frontal infantry charges except some heavy Roman or elite two-handed units.

I believe combat speed is perfect right now. It lets my tankier units hold out long enough for me to flank in a timely manner.
    It even lets my non-elite tankier units do that, which is their job(despite not being elite, they still have a job and can do it). So i love where it is right now. I think KAM and them nailed it great.

Greek strategos's Avatar Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KYREAPER View Post
    I believe combat speed is perfect right now. It lets my tankier units hold out long enough for me to flank in a timely manner.
    It even lets my non-elite tankier units do that, which is their job(despite not being elite, they still have a job and can do it). So i love where it is right now. I think KAM and them nailed it great.
    That's very nice to hear.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Yeah, I also like the current speed, though Id appreciate it if shock unit to shock unit combat took a bit less time.

Edit: Now that Im thinking of it, it would be cool if combat caused a bit less casualties, but morale breaking earlier, thus taking the same amount of time.
    Last edited by Maetharin; Today at 04:21 PM.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Main problem is that it is way easier to inflict those morale penalties and end result would be the same, which is slaughter or routing troops. Plus battles would take less time. That is because any casualties from combat, charges and ranged attacks would need to be minimal so it would be normal to not kill anyone in 3-5 volleys. Since AI is unable to manage morale, you would just encircle AI and score much easier victory each time.