Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by DC0 View Post
    I'm sorry to ruin your reading impressions. And I'm not a historian. But I'm a logistician. And I can assure you it was never about eliteness of the troops. It was always about size and composition of baggage train.
    Fast moving troops normally carried all their stuff on themselves. Like modern special forces detachments. They carry only the stuff they will need on the mission. And rations for certain number of days.

Alexander the Great has replaced oxens pulling carts with mules carrying packs, for example. And other examples of fast moving armies of antiquety include examples of commanders ordering to literally leave behind or burn carts with stuff.
    If what you say, DC0, was to be the case then basically any general could pick a random pack of soldiers and just adjust their baggage train for the enhanced movement speed, which is very well documented not to be the case. Quite the opposite, any time our sources refer to such instances we hear of the carefully picked selection of troops that were more disposed to carry out such missions due to their fighting style, physical condition, supreme training and experience and the level of trust that the general had in them. It is obvious that once the movement speed and the element of surprise were the factors, the assigned army detachment was not pulling behind its whole baggage train and they only had with them what was most necessary. That doesn't mean, however, that this detachment would be composed of the random soldiers.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; March 23, 2019 at 02:39 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    If what you say, DC0, was to be the case then basically any general could pick a random pack of soldiers and just adjust their baggage train for the enhanced movement speed, which is very well documented not to be the case. Quite the opposite, any time our sources refer to such instances we hear of the carefully picked selection of troops that were more disposed to carry out such missions due to their fighting style, physical condition, supreme training and experience and the level of trust that the general had in them. It is obvious that once the movement speed and the element of surprise were the factors, the assigned army detachment was not pulling behind its whole baggage train and they only had with them what was most necessary. That doesn't mean, however, that this detachment would be composed of the random soldiers.
    Agreed. Sounds sensible to me plus both historical and practical.

Two Questions:

1. Does anyone know where in the game files I can change a unit name?
    2. Does anyone know where I can change the text of faction bonuses? I found where to change the bonuses themselves, but the old bonuses are still listed on the faction pages.

Thank you.

Both of these can be found in the text files. The unit names will be found under Unit_names_x.loc files. There are different ones there depending on the unit type/culture. You will have to know the unit key of the unit (the file name of the unit basically).

The faction bonuses are special texts I had to setup because CA changed the frontend UI to only allow for 2-3 lines for that area. They can be found in Effects_DeI.loc and are listed under dei_rom_politics_FACTION_DUMMY text, depending on the faction.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thank you Dresden.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

hi gyus
    happy to be newbie here
    great work with the mod, i appretiate it

several questions:
    1) why elephants speed run is the same with horses? this looks crazy

2) why AI with 1 city only keeps 2 stucks of amries? another insane moment, deleted the mode after this but now think maybe you have fixes for such disballance? ((

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Elephants have running speed a lot slower than horses. It is in fact a lot slower and can be easily read through UI.

All AI 1 city factions will have 2 stacks because AI in Rome 2 will always recruit max amount of stacks. We had to give AI upkeep bonuses because AI does not understand money so it will run itself into bankrupcy without it.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

thank for answer, KAM.
    maybe you here have submods which allow me comparable opportunities? I played for Macedon and with 3 conquered cities after several years atfer start I could not have same forces. Situation makes me rage when my capital is besieged by 2 stacks of some f minor

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

I'm playing Carthage and have a question about unit availability.

I know about the reforms, but was wondering if it's normal that I cannot recruit Liby-Phoenician hoplites and carthaginian archers from the start?

Meanwhile sacred band can be recruited from level 2 normal minor cities. But not from the ones with resources or the capitals. There you need level 3. They also have almost the same stats as the Liby-Phoenician hoplites, but require phoenicians instead of Liby-Phoenician so are more difficult to recruit in large numbers. I mean there would be no reason to recruit them if I could recruit Liby-Phoenician hoplites. So maybe that is the reason I can't. 🤔

But than again I suppose I'll be able to recruit thureos units after turn 60. So a more flexible spear unit which kind of replaced the more rigid hoplites I think. So why would hoplites only become available then?
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

If I remember, the archers are restricted to certain cities (I could be wrong, its been awhile since I checked). Liby-Phoenician units become unlocked as you go, the reforms symbolize a melding of cultures.

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

Carthaginian hoplites can only be recruited in Carthage in my campaign which makes sense. The archers are visible, but greyed out in different regions. It says they need a different reform.
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

I think they are a thureos unit.

Guys, why AI gives the city ?(diplomacy-the gift) he gives the city walls, making it easier to grip.Can you make a 1% chance?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

No it's not moddable, it's not possible to erase the event either.
    If you don't like it just load a previous turn savegame.

Dear developers! Would you please answer me if it is useless to have more than 20 authority on the general?

I'm sorry I can't edit my own post due to error Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
    Is it useless to have more than 20 authority on the general? In other words, can general have more than 80% (or 85%) bonus to influence radius because of Authority?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 25, 2019 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Departure at capture of the last city of separatists.10 times loaded, captured, robbed, released-departure.

Crash the game
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 25, 2019 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You already posted this, there is no need for double-posting.

Wait and see if someone is capabale to solve your issue.

Foederatus

Question about the settlement food bonuses: Does the amount add to the the type of agriculture (fields, pastures, granaries) thus making some of these options more viable in areas where fertility is high (IPQOS for example has +3 food) and secondly, does this show up on the campaign map, or just in your overall food production supply in the bottom right-hand corner?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

No, fertality does not impact the amount of food you gain from a given building chain. So, in other words, if the farms building level 1 give you +3 food, then it means that you will always get +3 food from that building no matter which region you build it in.

You mean if the ferality shows up on the campaign map? No, I don't think so. It's basically just a regional effect attached to a certain region which shows up in the regional effects.