Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quick question:

Diplomacy seems pretty improved essentially when it comes to accepting trade agreements, vanilla's AI dumb stubborness is dumb. Factions trading with each other is historically accurate and DeI implements that nicely.

When a faction gets their sh*it beat in a war, for much less in history they would be crying for peace. However in vanilla diplomacy a faction won't accept peace for anything in the world even when losing terribly. Does DeI make any attempt at toning this behavior down? In this aspect dimplomacy seems to be unchanged. Is it not implemented purposedly or is it simply impossible because of poor vanilla design? Sadly this kills the gameplay experience since that's not how wars work historically. Realistically factions would quickly sign a peace treet when a stale mate is reached or when one side wins clearly. In Rome II you are forced with wiping a faction just to cover your back when in practice you would have settled for your original objective.
    Last edited by kpagcha; August 14, 2018 at 04:33 PM.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Most of the diplomacy in Rome 2 is hardcoded. And I also believe this fight to the death behaviour is. Could be wrong, but I dont recall seeing entries in the files to edit this

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Playing as the Ardaei are there no supply ships? Barbarian factions don't have access to supply ships? My army at sea (inside a navy) is suffering attrition constantly anywhere they are while at sea and I see know options to recruit supply ships.

I think you need a fishing port to recruit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I think you need a fishing port to recruit them.
    I've had one level II since the beginning and they don't allow their recruitment...

I also revised all the possible buildings and couldn't find it...

Playing Maurya campaign and 40 turns in 54 turns in there hasn't been a single mission issued or political incident. Is this an issue with this faction or the update?

@bthizle Barbarian factions don't have supply ships

@LobstahJohnson They are setup to have the normal eastern ones if I remember

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Libertus

diplomacy seems pretty normal for me, e.g. as Rome Syracuse declared pretty early on me, but after seeing that I wiped out Epirus and a small barbarian faction north of rome, they started asking for a white peace, after sending two stacks to raid them, they were even willing to be a client state. so it seems pretty reasonable at least on normal difficulty, the ai is obviously more aggressive on higher difficulty. do note that I only played with patch 17 and 19 so I don't know about the latest version.

this is a response to #4680 kpagcha

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    What is it you're thinking of? For, by definition, 'Augustan' = 'Imperial' reforms in most scenarios (I must admit I'd be curious if DeI has it different)
    Well as we know that the Rectangular scutum and the lorica Laminata ( or segmentata if you prefer) was used in the late empire not during the last days of the republic which is the premise of the Imperator Augustus campaign. So what i was asking for was an additional upgrade for the legionaries from "Augustan" To imperial and thereby introducing the segmentata in a more historically accurate way. Just so you know I love the work the DEI team has done so far and i am no modder i am just coming forth with a suggestion that would (in my opinion) make the Later part of the game even more enjoyable and would reflect the true versatility and adaptability of the romans in the face of overwhelming threats.
    Last edited by Ahmedaliqu; August 15, 2018 at 04:04 AM.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Think that maybe if/when the issue of the super-powered camels is addressed they might be fleshed out a little more. Kinda lame that Rome gets the best camels in the game (Dromedarii) and not Saba or Nabatea. Don't think it's much of a stretch to think that if the Romans could organize a unit of armored scouts on camels the arabs could realistically come to that same idea.

Maybe their weird strength against spears was something added in the 3rd century campaign? Like something they added to Palmyrene units? I can't think of any other update that would have changed them.

EDIT: Like...looking at the Dromedarii armor, it just looks like Nabatean armor, not even Roman. But there's no equivalent arab unit for Saba or Nabatea. Where are they recruiting these guys from?
    Last edited by hippacrocafish; August 15, 2018 at 04:09 AM.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Hey guys,

Have you actually noticed that with the latest patch the AI no longer defends the unwalled settlements inside the settlement but instead deploys his troops outside and sallies forth to fight in the open field.

And, to avoid any misunderstandings, by sallying forth I don't mean the pre-battle option to sally forth and fight the regular open-field battle.

The battle starts as an ordinary siege battle, but then actually the fightning mainly takes place outside the urban area.

Just for the record, I'm playing with the experimental battle pack - don't know if that can also have some impact on AI's behaviour in this respect.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    Hey guys,

Have you actually noticed that with the latest patch the AI no longer defends the unwalled settlements inside the settlement but instead deploys his troops outside and sallies forth to fight in the open field.

And, to avoid any misunderstandings, by sallying forth I don't mean the pre-battle option to sally forth and fight the regular open-field battle.

The battle starts as an ordinary siege battle, but then actually the fightning mainly takes place outside the urban area.

Just for the record, I'm playing with the experimental battle pack - don't know if that can also have some impact on AI's behaviour in this respect.
    Are you sure you aren't using the Sally Forth submod ?
    Not sure about the Experimental pack, so I'll have to ask KAM about it.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I'm 100% sure about it, don't even know such mod exists.

It's the Macedonian Wars campaign that I'm currently playing. Unless my memory deceives me I've played thus far 4 offensive siege battles with unwalled settlements. In each battle the scenario was pretty much the same. The enemy first deploys inside the urban area but then sallies forth and lines up outside the settlement where the actual fightning takes place.

Currently, I'm using only DeI, the Experimental Battle Pack, and a small mod of my own creation that removes the attrition for both the defender and the attacker so that AI doesn't actually rush to break the siege and is happy to sit inside the settlement and wait for me to attack.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; August 15, 2018 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I've also experienced the same thing with my last two unwalled siege battles. The AI sends most of its forces en masse out of one of the settlement's exit locations. I have no sub mods, and I'm playing the basic campaign as Rome with the latest Steam and DEI updates. Kind of refreshing for me as it forces me to change my tactics from what I was using.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

That is base game change.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedaliqu View Post
    Well as we know that the Rectangular scutum and the lorica Laminata ( or segmentata if you prefer) was used in the late empire not during the last days of the republic which is the premise of the Imperator Augustus campaign. So what i was asking for was an additional upgrade for the legionaries from "Augustan" To imperial and thereby introducing the segmentata in a more historically accurate way. Just so you know I love the work the DEI team has done so far and i am no modder i am just coming forth with a suggestion that would (in my opinion) make the Later part of the game even more enjoyable and would reflect the true versatility and adaptability of the romans in the face of overwhelming threats.
    I think I understand (not knowing anything about the discrete Imperator Augustus campaign - but guess from what you're saying that it takes place during his accension phase?

Either way, the introduction of the segmented armour is believed to be somewhere during the first century AD (so I really wouldn't call it late) and certainly by the time of Trajan (early 2nd) given the sculptural evidence of Adamklissi & his Column. The rectangular scutum similarly, perhaps. However, it should be pointed out that it is now commonly postulated that the segmented armour may only have been introduced in the West (where the danger was from heavier sword and axe/rhompaia wounds) and not much, if at all, in the East (where the main danger was from arrows - the difference being entirely logical) where hamata/mail or squamata/scale remained. It is possible that the rectangular scutum only went with segmented armour; given the combined nature of the 'total system'.

Let's not forget - the segmentata armour only seems to have existed under the Romans and, possibly, from only the 1st to 3rd Centuries - from then on and throughout the Dark Ages it was back to mail for most everyone - if they even had it! I do wonder how much, constantly repaired and 'loved', Roman mail armour survived and for how long...
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Is it possible to shorten/make closer deployment zones?
    My reasoning is this: sometimes enemy army just withdraws to end of map and waits for me there..it takes 20 minutes for me to get into positions.
    I play on 1 hour battle limit, and much time is wasted just to walk to the battle.
    Also, please take into account - there are hundreds of battles to be had to win the game, so imagine time WASTED 10-20 min per each for WALKING.
    Maps are huge and even 2x time speed is painful waiting... so is it possible to shorten space between the armies, or is there a mod to do that,

thanks
    Last edited by akvilonn; August 15, 2018 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by akvilonn View Post
    Is it possible to shorten/make closer deployment zones?
    My reasoning is this: sometimes enemy army just withdraws to end of map and waits for me there..it takes 20 minutes for me to get into positions.
    I play on 1 hour battle limit, and much time is wasted just to walk to the battle.
    Also, please take into account - there are hundreds of battles to be had to win the game, so imagine time WASTED 10-20 min per each for WALKING.
    Maps are huge and even 2x time speed is painful waiting... so is it possible to shorten space between the armies, or is there a mod to do that,

thanks
    Its possible.

Is it possible to prevent players from changing generals when in foreign territories or waters ? Many bug abuses are possible because of that

Why waste time on implementing that when all it takes is for you to not do it.