Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quick question: how can I know the movement range of an enemy army for the next turn? Clicking on it only shows the reinforcement range, I think.
    Last edited by bibs; February 26, 2018 at 07:53 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by bibs View Post
    Quick question: how can I know the movement range of an enemy army for the next turn? Clicking on it only shows the reinforcement range, I think.
    With your agent you could check the various force's movement effects but AFAIK you can't tell their movement points.

Thanks for the answer. That's a bit of a problem, especially if you're playing legendary and your army gets "caught". Coming from TW: Warhammer, clicking on an enemy army showed me both the normal movment and the "march" movement range of the enemy. In DEI, an army's/general effects are already difficult enough to read through, I just want to know how far that army can move. I'm not an expert so as to do the calculations in my head, taking into account terrain/pathing penalties.
    It's a quality of life issue more than anything else. If you want to keep the historical accuracy, you could enable this feature only if a scout is close to the enemy army.
    Last edited by bibs; February 26, 2018 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks for the answer. That's a bit of a problem, especially if you're playing legendary and your army gets "caught". Coming from TW: Warhammer, clicking on an enemy army showed me both the normal movment and the "march" movement range of the enemy. In DEI, an army's/general effects are already difficult enough to read through, I just want to know how far that army can move. I'm not an expert so as to do the calculations in my head, taking into account terrain/pathing penalties.
    It's a quality of life issue more than anything else. If you want to keep the historical accuracy, you could enable this feature only if a scout is close to the enemy army.
    No problem.
    Υeah I know it's available in Warhammer. I'm not sure if we could enable it on Rome 2 though.

DEI team, I have one favour to ask, I gues the armor level meant much more in previous versions of the game, since Cataphract Legionaries were the best infantry the Romans had. Right now, they perform much poorly then for example Evocata Germanica (Since nervii elite swordsman defeated cat. legionaries and were defeated by Evocata Germanica). My favour is, in the next patch, please buff Cataphract Legionaries' attack/defence a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma Invicta753 View Post
    DEI team, I have one favour to ask, I gues the armor level meant much more in previous versions of the game, since Cataphract Legionaries were the best infantry the Romans had. Right now, they perform much poorly then for example Evocata Germanica (Since nervii elite swordsman defeated cat. legionaries and were defeated by Evocata Germanica). My favour is, in the next patch, please buff Cataphract Legionaries' attack/defence a bit.
    Sorry, where do you get they were the best infantry the Romans had? Most armored maybe, but calling them the best is pretty debatable IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Sorry, where do you get they were the best infantry the Romans had? Most armored maybe, but calling them the best is pretty debatable IMO.
    If I remember correctly, I used to test the Roman units on 1 vs 1. I guess they used to defeated other Roman units in previous version of the game. Besides, since "tough Roman legionaries" is written on unit's description, I think they should have a bit better attack/defence than regular imperial legionaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma Invicta753 View Post
    If I remember correctly, I used to test the Roman units on 1 vs 1. I guess they used to defeated other Roman units in previous version of the game. Besides, since "tough Roman legionaries" is written on unit's description, I think they should have a bit better attack/defence than regular imperial legionaries.
    Sorry, I thought you were talking historically for some reason, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Sorry, I thought you were talking historically for some reason, my bad.
    It's okay. As for historically, yes, they were probably the most armored infantry that the Roman army ever had.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

They are not best Roman unit, just specalized unit for certain theater of war. Their heavier equipment makes their base stats a bit lower but they are in turn much more durable, especially against ranged troops or high damage units.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I've no idea if it's changed, but honestly, I just wish the Cataphract Legionaries recruited from the population of Proletarii rather than the Plebs. It'd make recruiting and replenishment a bit easier in war torn borders.

Is the diplomacy on very hard impossible or am I doing it wrong? Despite all my efforts, 60 turns in and I'm at war with 90% of known factions, so you can forget about trade agreements or non-aggression pacts. I've even tried buying them out, offering 20k gold for a 100 gold per turn trade agreement, absolutely no chance.
    I'm at a point where 4-5 factions are constantly attacking me with 2-3 armies each from all sides and it's only a matter of time before I get overrun. When replenishment is disabled (the cross icon is greyed out), is it possible to add a tooltip that shows the exact reason (food shortage, public order too low, manpower etc). The current tooltip is very vague and sometimes the reason is not obvious. I had positive food, positive PO, and manpower, and it was still impossible to replenish.

In my playthrough as German Leugi (?), no faction has military alliance or defensive alliance with each other, is it normal?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

@bibs

From what I can see you can just view the range movement of the enemy army by left-clicking on it with your mouse.

The movement zone is indicated with the light red-coloured line like on the screenie below.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    @bibs

From what I can see you can just view the range movement of the enemy army by left-clicking on it with your mouse.

The movement zone is indicated with the light red-coloured line like on the screenie below.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    He was asking about non naval units AFAIK.

I got overrun in the end. After defeating two stacks from different factions with heavy losses, I end the turn and ANOTHER faction declares on me and sieges in the same turn. I'm not bitter, it's just a bit too much to have everyone declare on me, having not broken a treaty and constantly trying to establish relations with anyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stacks.jpg   stack2.jpg  
    Last edited by bibs; February 28, 2018 at 02:06 PM.

Patrician

The more wars you have or smaller you armies are, the more wars you will end up with as AI will see you as weak, no matter if they even can't attack you directly. First few turns and starting money can be used to bump up starting diplomacy, which will be easy later.

You can also try Softcore submod with just AI changes to have a bit easier start and just disable it once you will feel that AI gets too friendly.

The wai CA programmed AI diplomacy is that it has only one setting so if diplomacy would be easy when you are small and weak it would just get even easier and AI more passive when you would get stronger. Our starting AI is set to be agressive as otherwise there will be no "action" in late and mid game.

Thanks for clarifying. Just wanted to share my experience. In this particular campaign, the diplomacy did not work at all. And it's not even challenging (it's a death sentence) to have 13 factions declare on me one after another. Because I knew there was no chance of obtaining peace, and no way I could destroy them all, 1 vs 13.

Hello,I started a campaign as Seleucids and found my self in a delema.I have unlocked thorakitai reform and found out two of my spear elite units have same cost,yet different stats.I am refering to Hypaspistai Agematos (Shield Bearers) and Thorakitai Agematos Basilikou(Seleucid Royal Guard).The first unit is able to form a phalanx while the second has a javellin and formation attack.Both units share almost excact statistics with a small exeption in melee defence(32 and 42)Even their armor value is the same despite the Royal's guard chainmails making them feeling like badass boys.Can you share your option on where and how to use them in order to make campaign more historical accurate?I already have read that Shield Bearers where Alexander's best infantry soldiers and his personal guards but never heard of Seleucid Royal Guards.Maybe I am missing some parts of history so take it gently.

Thanks in advance!!

Patrician

In thoery those Thorakitai should be an upgrade to Shield Bearers. Or at least I think that was my plan xD I will look into it.

Although Hypaspists of Alexander times have little to do with Hypaspists of Diadochi times (In terms of gear used).