Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    We are working on a possible fix for this, I am not 100% sure it will actually fix the issue but its just a theory of mine that the negative sea sickness effect for transports is what is causing it.
    Fingers x'd this works. It's one of the only negative experiences in DeI at the moment. Have you tested out your possible fix?

Installed Rome 2 again after I heard this mod. Remind me with Europa Barbarorum from Rome 1.

Please buff the pikemen. They'r fighting with dull pike. Hoplites can beat them, frontal. It's funny to see hoplites force their way through pikemen then wreck them from inside.

Also, their extra 56 men hurts population.

Yeah, they'll take care of pikes in the next patch mate.

Hi guys- what happened to the cutscenes and intro mod by Malay Archer, is it going to be incorporated in DeI any time soon?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Axaios View Post
    Hi guys- what happened to the cutscenes and intro mod by Malay Archer, is it going to be incorporated in DeI any time soon?
    Haven't heard any news recently. I'll check it though.

It won't be incorporated but it works great as a submod. I have no idea if its been updated.

Larger size submods are better left as their own standalones.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Critique: The Belgae roster has like 10 sword infantry units. Seems a bit much in light of the more recent, 'distilled' Celt rosters.

Suggestion: I only described the Belgae above as Celtic by accident! A new culture from them waaay down the line would be cool

Just tested the new patch. The latest updates are great, though the new unit cards should be a bit larger as they are smaller compare to older updated ones. For example check Boii roster and compare it to the Roman one, you will see the difference between the sizes. I know this might not be so important but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma Invicta753 View Post
    Just tested the new patch. The latest updates are great, though the new unit cards should be a bit larger as they are smaller compare to older updated ones. For example check Boii roster and compare it to the Roman one, you will see the difference between the sizes. I know this might not be so important but still.
    We'll talk with Sourav (the creator of the most recent cards) about it and let you know.

Well the newer ones are much better than the ones that were never redone There are lots of variants of units cards, its not a huge deal.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Well the newer ones are much better than the ones that were never redone There are lots of variants of units cards, its not a huge deal.
    Yeah surely not a priority. It's just an aesthetic OCD for some people I guess.

I am not sure where thread to file this under.

The low angle enabled by Jan 8th patch reveals the water resource beneath the battle map; it might be a occasional resource drag for some players.

Onto a totally differen subject matter, is the design intentional, when it comes the lack of "Formation Attack" for reformed Roman Auxiliaries?

Question, is the region named Bam (lower right of map, Asgarta faction by default) supposed to get a -20% modifier to industry income? It's got a marble as a resource and a marble village. Just thought it was odd, especially since 20% is an unusually large negative modifier.

Thank you for a new patch!

Every time battles are updated I go and test Armenian nakhararas against legionaries. I tested many times this battles with previous patch. By a not big margin but nakhararas always lost to veteran legionaries but won against regular legionaries in the previous patch. With current patch I tested same battle two times and nakhararas now are losing even too regular legionaries and pretty fast too. You losing even if use simple tactics like hammer and anvil. No chance.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that for some reason nakhararas can't kill single legionaries with javelin valley while Romans do pretty decent damage to nakhararas, who apparently have more armor, during skirmishing.

Overall personally for my preference battles are too fast, it was time when battles in DEI were almost endless and now they are too fast. I really like what we had something in the middle I think in 1.1 version of the mod. I know Kam is almost relentlessly seeking and improving system and I trust in what he does but right now I can't quite enjoy it. Maybe I should try slower battles mod.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

In custom battle 20v20 with better wuality units, battles take me 15-20 min on average so not sure if making them 20-25 would not turn them to be overly easy and boring.

I will soon resume my work on Ultimate Commander submod, which will be dedicated for slower, tactical combat (and multiplayer battles).
    Last edited by KAM 2150; January 09, 2018 at 03:06 AM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Ok, almost two hours of testing and here some of results. Nakhararas are losing to almost any elite heavy unit in the mod. I was wondering why is it so and started to test against other Armenian troops. What do you think? In the head on battles, nakhararas lost against both Armenian legionaries and thorakitais. My guess, and I'm pretty sure it is the right answer, is that reason is those (and other tested units) have disciplined formation feature. It seems like they are getting big bonus with disciplined formation when they able to beat unit which better stats. What do you think Kam?
    I also noticed that units who have disciplined formation are dealing decent initial damage to a charging shock cav, even from the rear.

I still can't explain why legionaries are able to make much higher damage to nakhararas with their javelins.

Hello DEI team, I noticed that Praetorians/Praetorian Guard and Eagle/First Cohort lack the Encourage ability. I think they should have that in the game.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Praetorians should not have it, Eagle and Frist Cohort will have it in next patch, I forgot to add it in this one.

Vardano, when I did test those guys they were able to easily slaugther all best barb units. Question is if they should do the same to Romans frontally (meaning they would be single best melee unit in the game). Their ranged attack lacks the AP damage of Legionaires plus I think their shield gives them a better cover.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    I will soon resume my work on Ultimate Commander submod, which will be dedicated for slower, tactical combat (and multiplayer battles).
    Great news. I didn't know that.

I feel like vardano.
    I also think that the battles are a bit too short. I have not played DeI for a while.(1.1 i think) Now I wanted to play DeI again and was a little surprised about the short battles. Otherwise everything is Awesome.
    And now I'm looking forward to Ultimate commander submod

Thx for your hard work and sorry for bad english