Page 82 of 378 FirstFirst ... 3257727374757677787980818283848586878889909192107132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 7558

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

I guess you could check if a faction had only one region left in the public order script. Its not really a huge issue IMO as its a very specific scenario.
    Last edited by Dresden; May 26, 2017 at 12:48 AM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hmm maybe I'll take a look at the script. Its not a big issue at all though, you're right. Just struck me as kind of an odd situation logic-wise as it was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatse_Mare View Post
    @ KY

This is my faction capital. I strongly disagree that the scenario you outlined still makes sense in this particular situation. Why would the people in Pella think of the Romans as "liberators" when the Roman invasion was the catalyst of the unrest in the first place?

What you're telling me is that the Macedonians inside Pella, after they watch the Roman legions sail across the Aegean, lay waste to two other Macedonian cities, kill thousands of their countrymen in battle, pillage their region dry and finally surround and attack them in the Macedonian capital city, would want to rebel, join the Romans and attack their own King (who is viewed extremely favorably by the people) as he leads the last true Macedonian army in a heroic resistance against the invaders and ultimately surrender the city to foreign occupation....

Not sure I follow that logic.

It is much more likely that the Macedonian citizens would want to do everything they could to aid the war effort and resist the invaders. Allowing those who have taken up arms in defense of your homeland to garrison inside your city as they refit in between battles and keep the Romans on the outside of the walls is a small sacrifice to make for the ultimate hope of driving the Romans out of Greece and preserving your culture and way of life.
    Like i said, this logic works even if its your OWN factional city.

If you are Sparta, and you get pushed back to your capital... that means you are losing the war... and i GUARANTEE you people would be unhappy with the leadership for making such bad decisions on the warfront...

And if you had done your job and maintained like +40-60 PO, then having -20 for a few turns would not give u a rebellion.
    -So you obviously had done a poor job managing PO and they must have been like -60-70 and about to rebel ANYWAYS.... so it makes 100% sense considering over half your citizens were unhappy and already on the verge of rebellion.

How hard is that to understand for you?
    If you had done your job correctly, being surrounded and down to your last city would not cause a rebellion.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

If you have proper general/army perks you can have your army in a town and still have positive PO.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

rbt's Avatar Libertus

- Tarantinoi Leukaspidai got Pike Phalanx ability, not Hoplite Phalanx - still not fixed

- No Egyptian chariots in their roster?

- Anything new for Baktria? Still waiting to try them!

- Is there any real difference in length of spears in shock cavalry units? I mean from game mechanic aspect - for example better frontal charge vs spears units etc or is it only visual look?

- Chalyboi Doryphoroi (Chalybes Spearmen) - they still fight in phalanx even with inactive phalanx ability

- Molosson Neoagema (same for Macedonian general) don't have Flying Wedge

- Is there any hope for new icon for Citizen Cavalry? I so don't like that old, but I must see it in every hellenic faction

- In my opinion Iphikratous Peltastai with their huge equipment shouldn't be Very Light Unit with so good Stamina, imo Medium ora at least Light

- I like idea of Ekdromoi Hoplitati, I see they lose vs enemy hoplites what is probably ok, but can you write how and why should we use them? Maybe they should have better Stamina?

- Can you write me where can I change generals units size for Macedon? I want to start new game with them, but for me that is unbalance with so good units and size (to big impact for battle)

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by rbt View Post

- Can you write me where can I change generals units size for Macedon? I want to start new game with them, but for me that is unbalance with so good units and size (to big impact for battle)
    main_units_tables -> CORE_Hellenic -> Mac_Ile~ -> "Number of men"

The starting general unit will still have 200 unless you edit it in startpos, but changing bodyguard and then changing back to royal cav should fix them back to the number you set them to in main_units_tables.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

- I like idea of Ekdromoi Hoplitati, I see they lose vs enemy hoplites what is probably ok, but can you write how and why should we use them? Maybe they should have better Stamina?
    I use them as "chase hoplites"... they are basically a decent spear unit to either flank (or rear attack) the enemy or chase already routing enemies. But they can hold their ground vs inferior enemies as well. In most cases I think they are superior to the average spear unit. To "ekdrom" means to fight out of phalanx and that's just what they do.
    Increasing their stamina a little bit might be a good idea, something to think about...

rbt's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    main_units_tables -> CORE_Hellenic -> Mac_Ile~ -> "Number of men"

The starting general unit will still have 200 unless you edit it in startpos, but changing bodyguard and then changing back to royal cav should fix them back to the number you set them to in main_units_tables.
    Thx, but after change these units don't have horses, huh.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by rbt View Post
    Thx, but after change these units don't have horses, huh.
    My mistake, been working in PFM for 3 hours, getting tired and forgot about mounts

You regulate the amount of mounts in a column in "land_units", same "CORE_Hellenic" - make sure the number is identical to the amount of riders.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Patrician

Baktra has one of the most complete roster, based on my MA thesis, their roster will not change and it does not need it.

Egypt did not use chariots in that period, lets leave that for Bronze Age Egypt from Rome 1.

Ekdromoi are for flanking and overal serving as something between infantry and cavalry.

Why Takashila garrison don't have any archers? First time playing with them and enjoying it!

I gotta say I really love the short/long pikes, they make playing Antigonidai way more fun for me.

BUT, it appears playing them on Very Hard CAI is impossible, I've restarted 3 times now because pretty much all of my neighbors declare war on me at the same time. In my latest restart, by 276 BC I had Triballi, Athens, Aetolian League, and Sparta all declare war on me, GG. Guess I'm gonna try it on the recommended CAI difficulty of Normal, lol.
    Last edited by Falco; May 26, 2017 at 11:35 PM.

Patrician

Well, that is why it is called very hard ;P You can start at VH with softcore mod in disable it a bit later.

Macedon on very hard is probably one of the hardest campaigns due to the diplo negative

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

rbt's Avatar Libertus

Thx boys and keep working - remember about my bugs.

You should receive subventions for such a great job!

Guys, are you planning to do something like "house cleaning" to submod collection on steam? There are tons of outdated mods which may confuse people. How about just leaving 1.2 submods there.

Patrician

We are slowly going through them. We just have little time lately. I haven't even played new version yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    We are slowly going through them. We just have little time lately. I haven't even played new version yet.
    How many of you are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Macedon on very hard is probably one of the hardest campaigns due to the diplo negative
    No kidding, it's pretty much luck of the draw whether you can secure Greece in time before everyone gangs up on you (on VH anyway).

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheKlever View Post
    How many of you are there?
    We are legion...