Page 65 of 378 FirstFirst ... 154055565758596061626364656667686970717273747590115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 7556

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Can't win any battle.
    Even when i have 1000 men advantage my soldiers and just running from the battliefield.
    1vs1 can surrender.

150/300(My) vs 100/300 = my surrender..

What is going on?

Can't edit my last post (wtf).
    Even on campaign i have over 70% chance to win, but can't do in real battle. Wtf..

Im playing on normal/normal

If you have never played DeI before, battles are very different and now even more different in 1.2. There is a skirmishing phase, the AI will hold units in reserve, you have to support even elite units as no one is immune to morale hits.

Guard your flanks, use missile units, flank the enemy. I am sure there are some veterans around here that can give you better advice.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I played this battle like 10 times. Flanking, ambushing, massive push, flanking from both sides.
    Enemy units just dont give about it and still fighting.
    Units which i used to flank ARE GIVING UP when its 2vs1. Wtf!
    Also my units are surrenderind when they are 180/300 but enemy can have 100/300 and still fight.....

I even changed battle difficulty to easy but it doesnt change anything..

(Sorry for bad english but im too mad now to change mistakes)

Are you using any other mods? Because that sounds like a mod conflict of some type.

Hardly a veteran (see: me failing with Hellenic factions), but missile/skirmish troops are arguably the most valuable troops you can have right now. Get them around and in behind an enemy you have pinned on something like heavy spears and you're going to do well, especially with cav charges - lancers especially. Peltasts used to be nice to have, now they're essential. Field artillery too, when you have it.

As regards the skirmish phase though, something I've noticed fighting against Rome (and that will haunt my dreams) is that they REALLY like the skirmish phase to the point that they'll try to prolong it for as long as is humanly possible, even if it means retreating under skirmish cover for literally the entire length of the map. I've had battles time out just as my hoplites caught up with them 'cause I'd spent the entire time advancing after them getting pelted with arrows/stones :|

I literally just read about the javs in the battle overhaul after I posted and for some reason have no way of editing my old post?

Only what i have installed is DEI, nothing more...

Also:
    Is that normal that i have 2 settlements and i cant gave 1 full army? (Half is warriors but the rest is some peasant or some..) I just dont have money.. And for obvisous reasons i cant conquer anything..

What difficulty are you playing on? Also what's your army composition? The mod's balanced for normal battle difficulty, and anything above that gives huge bonuses to the AI and debuffs to your stats, which might have something to do with the enemy not breaking and your guys downing tools quickly. Higher campaign difficulties will also impact income, growth and public order - and therefore building an army. Trying to have a full stack of elite troop types is just... not possible, either. You need to have a mix from all your pop pools to be viable.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by S0L1D3R View Post
    Only what i have installed is DEI, nothing more...

Also:
    Is that normal that i have 2 settlements and i cant gave 1 full army? (Half is warriors but the rest is some peasant or some..) I just dont have money.. And for obvisous reasons i cant conquer anything..
    Εconomy is much different in DEI. You need to wait,use diplomacy,built,stabilize,expand carefully and also take care of your population and supplies.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by KYREAPER View Post
    KAM,

What do you think about the use of the Neodamodeis for the Spartan Roster?
    As historically, Sparta used Helot Hoplites which would be freed after years of service... and then recruited again as Neodamodeis Hoplites who were better trained than the original Helots, as they were allowed to learn Spartan education almost similar to the periokoi.

I feel like this would be an awesome addition and utilization of the Helot population class for Sparta, which currently suffers from only useless Helot spearmen and ranged units. This may even be a great upgrade unit for the Helot spearmen, to symbolize some of them earning their freedom and then eventually being recruitable as Sparta historically used on them more frequently with time.

This to me would also match how other factions use their "lowest class" of population, as barbarians have "freemen" who have MANY more useful units as their lowest population class. Sparta basically only has archers, javelinmen, slingers, and one unit of spears. This could be a really neat addition to their use of that population while making them even more historically accurate.

What do you think? Could you find a way to implement this? It would be fun to use them as supporting troops for sparta and have some progression in the reforms.
    Depends on the period but in DeI timerame they would have been granted Spartan status after social reforms, provided they had enough money. If they would get good quality hoplites from 3rd population than they would have the easiest recruitment of all Greek factions.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Depends on the period but in DeI timerame they would have been granted Spartan status after social reforms, provided they had enough money. If they would get good quality hoplites from 3rd population than they would have the easiest recruitment of all Greek factions.
    Ahh yeah i suppose you are right based on the timeframes.

Im excited for the Athens overhaul myself.
    Last edited by KYREAPER; March 25, 2017 at 10:36 PM.

AGENTS AGENTS AGENTS.
    Seriously i have 5 ai agents in one of my towns, its so annoying.
    is there any way to reduce this or stop ai from recruiting them.

Well, DeI already reduces agent spam significantly compared to vanilla. I think there might be a submod that reduces it further, I'm not sure.

Ive always had a problem with javelin men, they never throw their javelins.
    I order them to attack again, I click and unclick skirmish mode, I make them go closer or farther away and they never throw their missiles. (They are not on melee mode)
    Any help?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

They always throw their javelins, even while still walking, are you using 1.2 version? I know that this problem existing 2-3 years ago, where javelin range values were set to low and the game did not allow for throw but I never had this problem after I've increased javelin range.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKing View Post
    AGENTS AGENTS AGENTS.
    Seriously i have 5 ai agents in one of my towns, its so annoying.
    is there any way to reduce this or stop ai from recruiting them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Well, DeI already reduces agent spam significantly compared to vanilla. I think there might be a submod that reduces it further, I'm not sure.
    Ι can see many AI agents around as well. Sometimes far too many. Maybe we could decrease the value a bit more.

There is only 1 setting for max agent amount by imperium, and its pretty low right now (other than dignitaries). We also heavily nerfed their success chances for a lot of actions. Hopefully they may be around but they aren't as effective as vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    We also heavily nerfed their success chances for a lot of actions. Hopefully they may be around but they aren't as effective as vanilla.
    Ι believe you're right. Their behavior is more logical. They are many though. For example Boii have around 10 agents near my Northern borders right now

Wow thats too many lol

I wonder what imperium they are at - they should have around 2 champs/spy slots and then 4 or so dignitaries unless they are a larger empire.