Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

You are probably looking at their melee weapon
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Empire Divided - Game crashes when Palmyra faction gets destroyed (doesnt matter if I destory their last army or if ai faction does it or they lose their last army without city because of attrition) - bug replicable on different factions Sassanids, Rome) - any solution to it or it is game breaking incompatibility of DeI with ED?

I thought this bug was in vanilla too but they fixed it? Are you using any other mods?

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I thought this bug was in vanilla too but they fixed it? Are you using any other mods?
    Submods to DEI: Reduced Unit Costs/Upkeep, No PO Garrison Negative, $TPY Build/Research/Cost, Softcore Submod

and Rivers of blood converted to movie.pack

Somebody wrote about same bug in steam forum:
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...8024859428798/

Hah! Here's a funny 'bug' I've just found.....

(As Massalia) - in Massalia itself (as I've found when playing Roma indeed - and similar to Carthage/Athens/Rhodos) there is a 'special' port available. Having reached a Level IV shipyard (the 'special' line here) that's the end. However, Massalia has a Level V port available at the top of the complete Provincial Capital Port tree as 'Lacydon - the Port of Massalia'........

Which cannot be built in Massalia!
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    Hah! Here's a funny 'bug' I've just found.....

(As Massalia) - in Massalia itself (as I've found when playing Roma indeed - and similar to Carthage/Athens/Rhodos) there is a 'special' port available. Having reached a Level IV shipyard (the 'special' line here) that's the end. However, Massalia has a Level V port available at the top of the complete Provincial Capital Port tree as 'Lacydon - the Port of Massalia'........

Which cannot be built in Massalia!
    Hrm thats a leftover from previous times, I forgot about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaven View Post
    Submods to DEI: Reduced Unit Costs/Upkeep, No PO Garrison Negative, $TPY Build/Research/Cost, Softcore Submod

and Rivers of blood converted to movie.pack

Somebody wrote about same bug in steam forum:
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...8024859428798/
    Ok thanks. We haven't fully worked on ED completely so I guess there are still some issues. I don't know what could cause this specific one, I will have to investigate.

I actually just had a question about the special ports. Playing as Rome in the GC, I have only gotten around to getting Carthage and Massalia. In both cities ports, I don't have any naval garrisons. Since there are no garrisons for the navy, I can't reinforce those cities from sea; my navies have to be in the port to help defend from attacks. I wasn't sure if this was a bug, mod conflict, or special feature to those ports.

I tried poking around in PFM and found the building_units_allowed_tables and found that the zSpecial_Capitals_3 listed the recruitable naval units as I expected, but the building_leveled_armed_citizenry_junctions_tables didn't seem to list anything but hellenic naval garrisons. I don't really have any experience with that table, so I don't know if that means I should be getting a naval garrison or not.

Anyone have any ideas if this is a bug, mod conflict, or feature? Thanks!

Ok thanks. We haven't fully worked on ED completely so I guess there are still some issues. I don't know what could cause this specific one, I will have to investigate.
    Thank you for the answer Dresden, and let me use this opportunity to thank You and all amazing cast of people who works on this fantastic mod! This mod is certainly my best experience with TW franchise in par with Stainless Steel for MII.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Empire Divided - Game crashes when Palmyra faction gets destroyed (doesnt matter if I destory their last army or if ai faction does it or they lose their last army without city because of attrition) - bug replicable on different factions Sassanids, Rome) - any solution to it or it is game breaking incompatibility of DeI with ED?
    Are you using the official latest game's version plus the latest DEI updates?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Are you using the official latest game's version plus the latest DEI updates?
    Hello, 2 x yes - Steam Version of Dei uploaded by Dresden, last actualized on 20th march and default version of Rome II (i supposed its the newest one, i check properties of the game and i am not playing on old pach or sth)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Hello, 2 x yes - Steam Version of Dei uploaded by Dresden, last actualized on 20th march and default version of Rome II (i supposed its the newest one, i check properties of the game and i am not playing on old pach or sth)
    Hi,
    Well, like Dresden already said I was under the impression that issue was fixed in Vanilla. But we'll have to recheck it, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RaytheonGryfth View Post
    I actually just had a question about the special ports. Playing as Rome in the GC, I have only gotten around to getting Carthage and Massalia. In both cities ports, I don't have any naval garrisons. Since there are no garrisons for the navy, I can't reinforce those cities from sea; my navies have to be in the port to help defend from attacks. I wasn't sure if this was a bug, mod conflict, or special feature to those ports.

I tried poking around in PFM and found the building_units_allowed_tables and found that the zSpecial_Capitals_3 listed the recruitable naval units as I expected, but the building_leveled_armed_citizenry_junctions_tables didn't seem to list anything but hellenic naval garrisons. I don't really have any experience with that table, so I don't know if that means I should be getting a naval garrison or not.

Anyone have any ideas if this is a bug, mod conflict, or feature? Thanks!
    They have garrisons for the original culture who owns them but not for others, making them a bit harder to hold. The same thing happens with the special capitals, they have slightly worse garrisons for occupiers.

They have garrisons for the original culture who owns them but not for others, making them a bit harder to hold. The same thing happens with the special capitals, they have slightly worse garrisons for occupiers.
    Thanks Dresden for answering! If it's intentional that they have no naval garrison, then that makes sense. I would however, suggest that in the future you add at least 1 basic naval unit so that you can reinforce the town from sea. The inability to reinforce from sea is the only thing that really bothers me, as there is still a port for my fleet to swiftly reinforce from. I assume it is part of the game code that reinforcing from sea happens through the naval garrisons, but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways, I can't thank enough everyone who's contributed to this project over the years! I've gotten more hours of enjoyment from it than I care to admit

Yeah I think thats a good point.

I need some help, I'm playing the Empire Divided campaign as Aurelian and I can't win the campaign because my game keeps crashing. I think the game tries to load a victory cinematic but that crashes my game, it's frustrating because I've spent several days on this campaign and I can't finish it. I have deactivated all other submods but it's still happening.

Why have CA spent so much time correcting this game, and have left one of the most glaring faults behind. I'm talking about suicide generals in settlement battles when the AI is attacking. Even when it has a superior number advantage it charges the cavalry general straight into town. If he's not dead by the time he's been shot by arrows, traps, spikes, etc, he charges straight into my spearmen. Why is this fault still in the game? Surely it can't be that hard to program the AI not to send its general in first? I wonder also if this is why they removed settlement battles in later games.

I've posted this before, but surely there must be some mod or something that corrects this problem. It makes no sense, and it totally ruins immersion, especially if you're fighting a worthy enemy with a powerful rival general. Only seems to happen with cav generals.

Oh my bad, I just scrolled up and read some people have the same problem. When the Palmyran faction gets destroyed the game crashes, that's what happening to me I think. I guess I will just wait until DeI is updated to be more compatible with the ED campaign.

I have noticed this as well, the AI just charges their general to his death every time in settlement and fort battles. One thing I wish they would fix is the AI refusing to attack and destroy fort walls, they instead prefer to send all their army into a single entrance which you can easily exploit to defeat much bigger armies.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 25, 2019 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Sadly no mod can fix it as you cant directly edit AI.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Can you post your save? Or anyone who has a save with Palmyra crashing when destroyed?

I'm currently experiencing a bug with the population mechanic. Population is not increasing in any of my settlements, my current campaign is around 100 turns in and one of my staring settlements is down to 7,000 people meaning that i can't recruit troops from certain classes as i have none of them left. I've tried disabling all the sub mods i use, starting a new campaign, and deleting and un-subscribing to parts 1 - 3 of the mod and then re-subscribing in an attempt to fix this however none of this has worked.